Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tap

Tap Banned

Ok, I would like to start off saying that I am sorry for what I have done. Me and ShawnM are budd's irl, we both love this game and want nothing more then to be apart of this great community. Me and ShawnM log on each others computers with our chars from time to time when lets say I stay the night at his house or vice versa. Well I failed to realize if I were to log onto his IP, even just 1 time. That me and him were NEVER aloud to trade.

I would also like to say that i really didnt think him letting me use some items for a minute would get me here. I just bought that character and got name change+p2p change. And Tap is the strongest character i have ever had. And I wanted to kill some higher lvl creatures. Well Shawn lemme use Titanium armor, col, and cutty. I was letting him use that stuff to sell Shawnm anyways, because his character would be worth nothing without a storage. Well i gave him his items back and apparently that did it for me. I honestly don't care about my alts. I have no problems sticking with one character. I have had no problems getting along in the EL community.

I'm sorry for breaking rule 5, I have re-read the rule and completely understand why I was banned. Please consider my request and get back to me ASAP.

Ty all, Tap

It's not about playing at each other's house, it's about sharing characters and trading. If you log onto a character, it is considered a character you use and an alt. You did do this many times. I guess he pretty much only went to your house?

You also kinda forgot to mention all the trading on jerold, enforcer, hermit, wulfgar (now renamed Tap), koopa, and harmz. (It also looks like the shawnM character was a nice middleman for your stuff before you sold jerold and hermit and put it on wulfgar.

This is about way more than "a trade for some stuff once to borrow for a minute". Pity that's not all you did.

I really don't know how to stress this anymore...but like I said, we USED to do that. And I understand you said that it only takes one time and its considered your alt. But he is not my alt and thats the reality of it. He is not my middleman. I usually buy some gc's from time to time to buy expensive items, such as armor, col, sword, nmt etc...and i almost always gave ShawnM some because like I said we are rl buddies. And he does favors for me in rl so I kinda use EL as a payment method to him. I broke rules and i'm sorry. I can promise there will be no more interaction between us. Whatsoever, not for a pickaxe, not for 5gc's. Never again. I truly and honestly didnt know I was in violation by trading him, I thought if we didnt log on each others IP's then we were ok, because we havent been on eachothers IP's in some time. And that I know is a fact. Me and Shawn wanna come back, so lets get this sorted out and find some kind of agreement because we both miss playing. (And I was banned 3-4 hours ago -_-)

Tap

You make it sound like it was years ago when in reality it was up until this month a few days ago. I do see the logs you know.

The reality is once that password is shared, that character is shared and you own it just as much as the other person.

This is how it works:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41193

I am also not happy with all the stuff you managed to get onto Tap from your other characters. That might get removed as well.

The stuff from hermit and jerold before you sold them? (mostly jerold though i think it was) And it was still wulfgar at that time.

I didnt trade any items between my chars...oO

Hermit was a badass ranger. Bought him with almost 600k on him, I got hermit a bow, col etc..

In fact you can ask the person i sell to, grael or somthin like that, f34rme is who i talked to, but both chars had nice sto's, Jerold had col, titanium armor etc.. I didnt trade anything to Tap whatsoever. Tap has no storage at all. Thats why i barrowed Shawn's stuff to fight strong creatures. Tap's best armor is steel greave, and when i got him it was used and i fix it :/

*Edit: What you say is not possible because I traded my 2 chars, Jerold, Hermit. For Tap. And I had to give my pw's first.

Edited by Tap

Indeed, well isn't that interesting (and no I'm not being sarcastic, you just tossed me some bigger fish to fry).

What exactly then were all those trades with shawnM and Harmz and wulfgar and tap both before and after the character swap?

Shawnm gave harmz 1kgc to get icd perk..and some training armor.

And shawnm gave Tap(Wulfgar) the armor to kill high lvl creatures.

I really don't know what else to say honestly, ive told you i know what i did and im sorry for it. But you said I traded FROM jerold,hermit. TO Wulfgar(Tap)??? How when i traded 2 chars for 1 and i gave pass first?

Edited by Tap

If i was the middle man to any of this why would we have traded all of the time we are not that stupid we know that you guys check up on that stuff all of the time lol we trade stuff like 1 flower to eachother sometimes just for shits and giggles we are just 2 guys who like to play this game and we are bestfriends so we like to help eachother out in everything we do even this game

Explain the ShawnM and Jerold trades that happened literally right before you got rid of jerold, and then explain the shawnM and wulfgar trades that happened right after the jerold|hermit|wulfgar exchange.

This is shawnm, and i was not even on at the time he traded for wulfgar what he traded was jerold + hermit and they both had full storages i had not been on since the day before and i was even at my dads house so im sure that the IP would be different that day then what i play on all the time i got on after he had wulfgar and didnt even pm wulfgar at first i pm'ed jerold because thats who i thought he still was and thats how i found out so there has to be something wrong here... you have to believe me aislinn i never played middle man for anything we just traded all the time because we thought nothing of it, it was not that i was tradeing stuff over to his alts or anything because he didnt need anything at all from me when he bought hermit there was like 600k on him or something so he was set, and jerold had just bought some gc's off unofficial forums the only character that didnt have anything was Harmz and he was a new character that tap was trying to make into a mage character so i gave him some leather armor and 1k gc's for ICD perk i think this is just all one big misunderstanding that is going on i think we can get this fixed out because we have been on our best behaviors in this game since the last time we were in trouble i mean come on aislinn you didnt even know i was there untill my old character was banned and i wasnt even the owner of him anymore, basically all i want is to get this figured out

PLease and thanks shawn.

I just read the last post you wrote again Aislinn, and the only reason i traded to wulfgar right after he got the character is because he wanted to use my armor to see what wulfgar was really capable of killing but if you seen my stor you would see that everything i traded him i got right back, full tit. col. cutty and bp cloak and a couple he's because i wasnt sure if wulfgar came with them and if you seen Taps storage you would see that i have not gave him anything from his other characters he only has 2 good items steel cuisses and a MoL and those came with the character (Wulfgar) and you could probably ask the guy that has the jerold and hermit characters now, wulfgar came with a crap storage other than those 2 things

Inorder to get wulf jerold had traded the guy jerold plus hermit with full storages the guy would not take the 2 characters unless they had all the good stuff in there storages and im sure if you can get ahold of him he will be able to confirm that

but thanks again shawnm

Edited by Fracture

What I fail to understand is....ok basically what your saying is ShawnM was middleman correct? Ok, I bought gc's from unofficial and gave Shawnm some. Now if i wanted to get some items or gc's to my alts. Dont you think i would have just asked the GC seller to give my alt some and give my main char the rest??

And you keep going on about "Trading before, after char swap" I didn't trade items to Shawnm. The guy who traded me wulfgar got both my chars storages. I did not trade items to shawn to give to wulfgar.

I always gave shawnm gold, and maybe a few lesser items but I have not cheated or middleman'd or anyhting in rule 5 >=/

Also here is this: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51311

Thats a link to another persons bann forum. You guys can make mistakes and probably do. I think this is one of those mistakes. Me and Shawn love this game and want nothing more to continue playing. But in the end your the boss and you will do what you think is right.

Thank you for your time, Tap :)

Edited by Tap

I want to see if what you tell me adds up, which it pretty much does.

Yes I see where the storages went :) (Interesting web tangles and tangents, I must say).

Ok here is what I'll do.

I will unlock Tap and ShawnM. No more of this sharing and other messy transactions.

Keep the nice characters you have. No alts. (seriously, if you sell it, you are done, you can start over)