Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dig

E_mc2 lured me into pk and killed me

Gratz you ruined someones day. E_mc2. I personal wish people that take enjoyment on someone else's pain would disappear from the world but I feel there is a special place for people like that in the afterlive, right besides the people that gratz this behavoir. Nitto is a relatively new player. You lured a new player into PK area and took there stuff.

BROD you when I see you :)

1. When you enter a PK map you get a message saying you have entered a PK area.

2. If you do enter a PK map iirc you have like 5-10 seconds to leave before anyone can attack you.

3. He had a CoL on without a rostogol.

4. Didn't carry a dis/tele with you?

I am not for/against luring, that's not the intended purpose of this post but I think that people need to be a lot more careful to protect their investments. EVERY TIME you have an item on you like a CoL doesn't common sense tell you that you should have a rostogol stone/dis/tele on you at all times?

Right now there are 16 bots with a combined total of 104 rostogol stones on them.

nitto I am really sorry that you got lured here but you need to start protecting your investments. E_mc2 has always been a trouble maker imo but him killing you in a PK map and taking the drop is part of the game.

As far as the luring goes.....

Be very careful who you let "show" you a area in the game.

And why would anyone brown tag HaT guild?

Luring people to that place is stupid but I'm not surprised he did it.

Going anywhere wearing a col and not carrying a rosto... not that bright either.

But it's not even about the loss, Nitto just warns people that he was lured, thanks for the warning, Nitto, not everyone has been around for long enough to know about E_mc2 and his tricks.

#edit: indeed the crypt doesn't give you a 'You entered..' message when you go there.

Edited by Dilly

Gratz you ruined someones day. E_mc2. I personal wish people that take enjoyment on someone else's pain would disappear from the world but I feel there is a special place for people like that in the afterlive, right besides the people that gratz this behavoir. Nitto is a relatively new player. You lured a new player into PK area and took there stuff.

What makes you think someones ingame behavior has to be linked to their RL behavior? after all this game is a MMORPG, not everyone wants to play the "let's be friends and have a tea party" roll.

What makes you think someones ingame behavior has to be linked to their RL behavior? after all this game is a MMORPG, not everyone wants to play the "let's be friends and have a tea party" roll.

I've been thinking the same thing for years too :)

Edit: I mean I don't understand how it's so hard to separate RL and the game. Looks like people think "outlaws" act same way in RL as in EL.

Edited by Miiks

And I suppose you think E_mc2 is a good person in RL. lol People pretty much act somewhat on a game as they do in real life. SUre there are a few exceptions but I do not think E_mc2 is one of them.

And I suppose you think E_mc2 is a good person in RL. lol People pretty much act somewhat on a game as they do in real life. SUre there are a few exceptions but I do not think E_mc2 is one of them.

Yea because most all people portray themselves in a manor like they do in real life over the internet [/sarcasm]

Yea because most all people portray themselves in a manor like they do in real life over the internet [/sarcasm]

^^ what he said, i portray myself as a 4 foot tall dwarf ingame, does that mean im a 4 foot tall guy irl (im 5' 10" btw)

and @nitto sorry, that really stinks ;(. reason always buy a rost, even if you do fork out 28kgc for it. I've lost ~6 rosts @16kgc for my col alone, do i think its worth it now? save your gc and buy a new one or try to cut a deal with e_m for it(doubtful)

anyway, guys just because you know about a lurer doesnt mean that everyone does, hell i dont know most of the lurers anymore and zirink not warning of pk is still around... that was like that ~1 1/2 years ago and not fixed which is sad :)

its not necessary to be an a$$hole in RL in order to ruin the fun of a new player, both in game and RL. Its the deed that is judged not the person, but the person is responsible for the deed of his char, being it a chat or a kill. Everything else is just childish justification ....

If you dont play tea party thats ok, but that doesnt justify taking advantage of the lack of knowledge of new players, especially when game flaws like the missing pk msg are involved.

Imho thats just violating rules #3 and #19.

its not necessary to be an a$$hole in RL in order to ruin the fun of a new player, both in game and RL. Its the deed that is judged not the person, but the person is responsible for the deed of his char, being it a chat or a kill. Everything else is just childish justification ....

If you dont play tea party thats ok, but that doesnt justify taking advantage of the lack of knowledge of new players, especially when game flaws like the missing pk msg are involved.

Imho thats just violating rules #3 and #19.

This does not violate rule 3...

You need to read the rule again (and I will bold the relevant part of it for you)

3. Respect Others.

You must respect the rights of others and their rights to enjoy this game.

In order to show proper respect, you may not harass, threaten, insult, name call, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other members, moderators, volunteers, or developers.

Do not advocate, start or participate in any discussions that are racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay or other hatemongering philosophies, or anything that is sexually explicit in public. Do not organize nor be a part of any guilds or groups within Eternal Lands or their forums that do so.

Do not patronize, mislead, or take advantage of people (newbies) as they become acquainted with the environment and make beginner's mistakes.

**Note** This does NOT include pking, pvping, "spawn stealing", bag stealing/jumping, or guild/interguild issues. These are a normal part of gameplay and WILL be treated as such.

Now for the rule 19 part....

Can you really consider this a bug? I can see where it could be seen by some as a bug but the PK message is a game feature and the lack of one does not automatically grant it the status of a "bug".

19. No Exploiting Bugs.

Do not exploit any bug in Eternal Lands and do not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting. This information should be immediately communicated to the Eternal Lands' owners privately.

Now yes the lack of a PK message granted him a "unnatural or unintended benefit" because a PK message warning is a natural part of PK maps and gave him the unintended benefit because nitto had no idea he was in a PK map and was unprepared to protect himself.

But this all boils down to this...

Does the lack of a PK warning message in this area warrant "bug" status?

IMO it's not a bug BUT it would be nice if the developers could add a warning message to the map so players can be properly informed that they are entering a PK map like all other PK maps in the game.

You need to read the rule again (and I will bold the relevant part of it for you)

3. Respect Others.

In order to show proper respect, you may not harass, threaten, insult, name call, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other members, moderators, volunteers, or developers.

Do not advocate, start or participate in any discussions that are racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay or other hatemongering philosophies, or anything that is sexually explicit in public. Do not organize nor be a part of any guilds or groups within Eternal Lands or their forums that do so.

Do not patronize, mislead, or take advantage of people (newbies) as they become acquainted with the environment and make beginner's mistakes.

**Note** This does NOT include pking, pvping, "spawn stealing", bag stealing/jumping, or guild/interguild issues. These are a normal part of gameplay and WILL be treated as such.

You totally glossed over the part of the rule that's (potentially) relevant here...

Presuming nitto is actually a newbie, which is complete heresay.

Edited by Shujral

3. Respect Others.

You totally glossed over the part of the rule that's (potentially) relevant here...

Presuming nitto is actually a newbie, which is complete heresay.

Looking at his ranking page and considering his levels are a good amount above my own alt PaulBJr I honestly cannot consider nitto in the "newbies" status.

But FYI I never said what E_mc2 was right but I think using rule #3 in this situation isn't a valid one.

re: the last posts in this thread:

This is a matter of gamerules vs communityrules. According to gamerules, E_mc2 didn't do anything wrong. According to community rules, luring is something that's not done.

Personally, I think luring someone like this is for the lowest kind of opportunist. It's not even creative anymore, it's lame, and sad that someone would indeed get his fun out of abusing someone's good faith and confidence. But hey, this is E_mc2 we're talking about. Ever since he's appeared ingame he's been causing trouble, and even got himself a little fanclub of equally minded losers who get joy out of ruining someone else's day.

For those who say: 'who cares, it's a game'. Sure it is. I like to enjoy myself too when I play a game, it's something I do for relaxation after a hard day at the office. In the past year I've seen too many people in EL who actually seem to enjoy making someone else's life in game as miserable as possible. Whether it be by luring a relatively new a/d trainer to a PK area that doesn't give a warning, continuously looking for reasons to post someone in outlaws, or scamming a character off someone, or buying someone's gc and then withdrawing your Paypal payment.

Just because this is a game, doesn't give you any right to purposely ruin someone's day, or to purposely ruin someone's fun in playing the game. EL used to be the place where people mostly respected eachother. Now it just seems full of people who get off on lame shit.

Sad.

Edited by Dilly

well he never ruined my day just made me mad for awhile i think that they should mark it pk its the least the mods can do i would rather it marked for future people then get my stuff back

Sorry to hear.

Best thing any of us can do is to spread the word to read the forums before trusting people who are trying to talk you into doing anything...

If you had known to do this and looked through the previous posts, you would have known what he was up to.

See here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48213

That's a ridiculous idea honestly... -_- I hate people who think like this because it's a completely retarded vision.

And I absolutely will be a "hater" on anyone who would bitch at me that I'm a bloody criminal and lowlife scumbag in RL, as someone did to me before.

-Gohan

he didnt lure a new player, he owned you... if your on ogres, your obviously not a new player, you ahve been around for at least 6 weeks... thats not new at all. and paul, as soon as you step into a PK area your pkable, its the mapchanges to a PK area that take the 5-10 secs to be atked

this is debatable, i agree.

Now for the rule 19 part....

Can you really consider this a bug? I can see where it could be seen by some as a bug but the PK message is a game feature and the lack of one does not automatically grant it the status of a "bug".

yes i CAN call it a bug and the reason is, that the mods and other responsible people are not tired to explain new players in channels 1 and 2, that the game warns you every time when you enter a pk area. This behaviour makes it a bug imho.

regards