Eternal Lands Official Forums
Dugur

TD tweaking

Please, get your facts straight first Zephlix. My a/d is not 120+, it's 98/101 and I'm not the only <120 a/d player who wants it to be a real oldschool PK map.

I've been at current TD, I've fought there too, but most of the time it's just empty. I'd prefer dying to a 160 a/d fighter instead of 1-2 harms from an invisible mage any day. There's already DPA if you want to have equally low a/d.

Magic is just overpowered at TD right now, teaming doesnt help it at all, you'll still die from one or two harms. Harming 20mp as it used to be would still have an effect, especially without CoLs, it just wouldn't be overpowered as it's now.

And why couldn't you fight there as a team? It's a multicombat map and with most people not using CoLs even a team of weaker people would have good chance against one strong fighter.

And I didn't see anybody asking for old EL client. We're asking for map restrictions similar to old EL *server*. I hope you realize no cooldown makes it easier for mages and that certainly isn't oldschool.

Please, get your facts straight first Zephlix. My a/d is not 120+, it's 98/101 and I'm not the only <120 a/d player who wants it to be a real oldschool PK map.

I've been at current TD, I've fought there too, but most of the time it's just empty. I'd prefer dying to a 160 a/d fighter instead of 1-2 harms from an invisible mage any day. There's already DPA if you want to have equally low a/d.

Magic is just overpowered at TD right now, teaming doesnt help it at all, you'll still die from one or two harms. Harming 20mp as it used to be would still have an effect, especially without CoLs, it just wouldn't be overpowered as it's now.

And why couldn't you fight there as a team? It's a multicombat map and with most people not using CoLs even a team of weaker people would have good chance against one strong fighter.

And I didn't see anybody asking for old EL client. We're asking for map restrictions similar to old EL *server*. I hope you realize no cooldown makes it easier for mages and that certainly isn't oldschool.

---I'm not saying you are 120+

---teaming i'm talking to team up, especially with other mages and rangers.

---i am not asking to have a/d restrictions and dp arena isn't a no rosto arena, i'm saying to keep map open for everyone to use and benefit of a pk map that has rosto's don't work.

------------- use another pk map on c2 and make modifications.

-----and to boot that makes the only 2 pk maps on seridia useless

-----one no drop --the other be for fighters only can reap benifits of no rosto pk map

---my a/d is just under 80's i die in 3 hits from a 120 player, so yes if i range and you catch me you get my drops, course they be training gear anywho.

---and from past experiences ye you can team up on one fighter, like back in the old days of kf before it was a no-drop. But how often does it happen on a no-rosto map? only when one keeps winning and /orpisses peps off.

---I know no-one is saying old el client, but there asking for the restrictions of a client 6 years old before these skills were implemented. you waold have to make this map seperate than the others, and a check room to ensure they don't have restricted items, then as they exit the room in correct gear they continue on, if not they end up back where they started.

----- it be easier just to make a seridia of the past

---no cooldown yeah i know it helps mages, I'm saying to get rid no cooldown , or to put it again make there be a cooldown and maybe even a longer cooldown in td so it doesn't help mages.

Edited by Zephlix

It's useless to argue with you since you just keep continuing same bullshit all over. Why don't YOU make a suggestion about changing some C2 map just to no drops and let the oldschool fighters decide what to do with TD (that is supposed to be oldschool which actually means like pk was 6 years ago)?

Edited by Miiks

It's useless to argue with you since you just keep continuing same bullshit all over. Why don't YOU make a suggestion about changing some C2 map just to no drops and let the oldschool fighters decide what to do with TD?

I did suggest to make a whole continent old school and none of the newer changes.

why not let the fighters decide to have there way with TD?

I can ask the same why not the fighters just change a map on C2 to be the way they want? oh i did but i can only guess cause they afraid of lenny since noone answers

my reasons:

-because it's the only other pk map on C1,

-there are alot more players on c1. some never even been to c2

--because lenny created more than half the population of el to stay on C1

-since it is no rosto on c1.

-Give us another large map on c1 and make it PK and no rosto and i'll be fine. i suggest WS.

-because why do the fighters have to get their way by whining, my kids don't there brought up better than that. it's bad enough they complained about not knowing what spells others have and now they complain cause they use magic immune, a mage sees and runs away.

-because theres a difference between a map to have oldschool characteristics and a land that is in another time.

-Because a whole other server was made for these same fighters and it hardly gets used.

- especially Because in 6 months not only will the land be as it is now ( not being used) but all other character builds cannot utilize the land.

-because these changes should be in an arena that close combat and meat beating is good for, not a whole piece of land in which should be used for stragedy,

-because the only times all of kf was used for close combat pk is during events or invasions. so why the heck you need a larger peice of land in which all your going to utilize are the 2 entrances and the tele point.

because you'll fubar the fighter build for game to the point that your 7 years of work, or the $$ you paid for the character becomes obsolete, and all fighters are good for is an oldschool pk server.

--- and possibility fighters will no longer be able to participate in invasions due to changes that have to be made so that creatures will survive all the other builds and fighters will need to have an a/d of 280 to even put a dent in the creatures.

--in which any fighter lower will be toothpicks, or throwing stones, next you'll know all a fighter is will be a bottom feader that can survive in a mob only to collect bags, and be the new BJer.

-because fighters should come up with ways other than training to survive against these skills, what if a dragon does a 90pt dmg firebreath, you'd be dead in 3 hits cause you couldn't figure a way around a mage harm. training a/d isn't what makes a fighter.

Edited by Zephlix

marriage with both Brad Pitt and Collin Firth. I can haz plx?

You're sick. We've been campaigning against this kind of bigotry for years...

(emphasis mine)

Because the maps states "Tahraji is an Old Style pk map-rostogols & summoning stones don't work, cooldown is less."

nothing about character skillset can't be used,

even a summoner can use the map but he has to summon through his skills,

just that someone without a skill can't use a stone he bought.

yes anyone can buy a bow and arrows but if he has a skill of 0 then he is goingto blow goats. only one whom upped his skills can use it efficiently.

A mage can cast his spells cause he built his character and worked hard, not like a lvl 0 whom can't cast anything.

Old Style pk map = using your skills or character build without help of another.

a fighter can't use magic immunity if he didn't obtain the skill level to do so.

a fighter can't have no-fail restore unless he lvled the skill to do so.

the map should be allowed to and character and there skill set. someone not engineering lvl shouldn't be able to set an engie item lower than it's skill.

no where in there when there was magic back then does it say that you can't use magic

if you don't have the human nexus or build your char with proper human nexus you cannot use the gear.

has to do with the characters skills and time they put into building the character, nothing about being in the past like when you go to Ruins of Tirnym and go into it's past. make a portal to TD past and adjust the map to be old el.

Old Style pk map = using your skills or character build without help of another.
You defined that? What is "oldschool" in big harms/ranging/etc? Nothing?
has to do with the characters skills and time they put into building the character, nothing about being in the past like when you go to Ruins of Tirnym and go into it's past. make a portal to TD past and adjust the map to be old el.
Or maybe just let TD be what it was supposed to be: a real "oldschool" pk map. Not a mage/ranger paradise, maybe another map can fill that role.
-because it's the only other pk map on C1,
Really? You need to explore C1 more.
because lenny created more than half the population of el to stay on C1
That is the worst, the most ridiculous reason, ever. And i already argued with Infamous many times. :o

Come on dude. Do you think that people who fear lenny and dont go to c2 cuz of him would go to a map where they could die to one harm? Really? People who don't go to C2 because at night they would have a very small chance of getting attacked (and not instakilled, like it is when you take big harm without COL) would go to a map to be instakilled? Fat chance.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...

As I see it, there was a suggestion at the beggining,and after a few constructive posts,Zephlix came...

And since he is planning to own there with rangers,engineers,mages,tanks and all the stuff,the map just musn't be made 'no new skills'.

If it was so,he could no longer plan to rule it in future :'(

So as people keep telling him what olschool map really is,he keeps comming with new and even more stupid ideas why not to change it...

This thread is leading nowhere.... well,Zephlix may get some enemies and haters,but nothing more

PS: yeah,the topic...I'm all in,make TD oldschool as it is supposed to be;) (Or let's say that it is no longer and oldschool map)

and you,Zephlix, should start another thread about another map which would be no rostos,everything else allowed imo

please don't respond 'you,whose avatar is on fire'

Is this a good time/place to suggest that DPA gear be limited?

Human nexus 6 max ftw.

The name of the topic is Tahaji Desert. But since you already meantioned it here. I would like to say that human 6 is too high for someone who has 60 a/d. You are forceing everyone to have the best stuff that is availible with 6 human nexus. How about 3 nexus. I know this would mean no col and a quick death. But i think radu wants you to use and break the high-level stuff anyway. So why do i care.

2. Thought.

When the original idea of Tahaji was oldschool fighting then i would say all the new feature should not apply. Most of all invisibility and Mines. But i can not imagine how it could be done. You cast the spell outside of the map and enter and you are invisible. so easy.

Most important in my oppinion, the unvulnerability which you have for the first 5 seconds when you enter a pk map. Its not true for mines. What I am saying is, and I think I can say it because some clever ppl are already making use of this..

You can place RC mines in Tahaji and as soon as someone enters, you can blow him up.

Sounds like fun. I am sorry for the guy who lost this armour NMT etc...

(no it wasnt me, nor my idea)

Edited by SolarStar

--because lenny created more than half the population of el to stay on C1

And where exactly are you getting this information from? :D

I seriously doubt that people stay off C2 just because Lenny could be roaming around, I sure know that I don't. If I am hauling in c2 or harvesting in c2 I just carry a dis/tele on me at all times.

But can I tell you a little secret?

Get close so you can hear me good here...

You close enough?

Good.

In all the time that Lenny has been around in game I have only came across him two (yes that's right) two times while harvesting/hauling and I spend a lot of time in c2.

The other 3 occasions where I seen Lenny in c2 was in Bethel while I was training Desert Chims and I was able to kill him two of those times by myself and the third time was killing him with another person. :whistle:

Now on the subject of changing TD...

TD is a fun map to play on during no drop day and I bet that more people use TD on that day than on any other 'normal' day. I see a valid point in wanted some of the things changed to fit the description but even if changed do you really think that TD would be used more?

I don't think it will.

No matter what changes you can make to the map people still are skeptical to use it because of the no rosto policy there. No matter how excited you can be over a change made to the map people will still remember the cost of the items they have equipped and in inventory thus causing people to more than likely still only use the map on no drop day.

No matter what changes you can make to the map people still are skeptical to use it because of the no rosto policy there. No matter how excited you can be over a change made to the map people will still remember the cost of the items they have equipped and in inventory thus causing people to more than likely still only use the map on no drop day.

Look at Kaddys list.

Count the estimated value of average PKer gear.

Notice you can be the one getting the loot.

It is an investment.

i'm not gonna start the arguing with zyplex or whatever his name is.. i don't think he was around when old pk was there so there's no point

i'd very much like to see an oldschool pk map..

even with my low a/d, i'd visit every now and then just to get killed.

pk used to make me all excited about training a/d.. this sense of being with the big guys

you used to be able to enter kf and say hello to everyone without dying.

only after that you'd get attacked by the 'evil' guys from CO or wherever from.. who were actually really nice but they played their part on pk which made it interesting, you could 'act' in pk. it was a lot about roleplaying

and no drop days were really fun back then, even mixers entered just to watch.. which you could easily do

and every now and then.. if you were lucky.. you'd get a nice kill of someone above your a/d..

i'd like that back please :)

edit: added more memories

Edited by maximos