Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elf_Ninja

Phoenix

That's one. And the other is?

Korrode is better at this but...

meh obviously not that much better.

Ok, here is another hint...

The phoenix has quite a bit of fire protection. And it will be able to do nondiscriminatory AoE fire damage. So, that means that... ?

A gaggle of phoeni from a guild (plural? :D) all doing nondiscriminatory AoE fire damage at once (roasting opponent pretty quickly) and staying perfectly cool?

Edited by Shujral

Seems feasible that several people could do a lot of fire damage very quickly, but with no armor, its seems that the other party could all cast fire protection and dispose of them easily. Might be a good surprise attack though?

(waiting for Duggy's reply)

Upon second thought, this might be effective as a supplement to traditional fighting, given the allied fighters were prepared for a sudden fire attack (meaning dragon armor and heat shield spell).

Edited by Shujral

I like the sound of that :D

Can't wait to see those filthy rich mixers who make 20k gc / hour without grind or risk to level phoenix max and take over KF. Though if it's basic heat damage it'll be absorbed by armour and buffs, so will it ignore armour modifiers? It's no problem to reach the max phoenix 14 heat prot even without doing compromises on the armours.

Just drawing conclusions based on the Phoenix abilities. My opinion, based on that it's heat damage, is that it's useless and that Korrode's buff idea beats the AoE in usefulness.

So down to 1 scenario that works really well. Unless the phoenix damage bypasses all armour modifiers and phoenix is immune to it's own dmg.

You know mixers who make 20k an hour without grind? where do I sign?
I know many ways to make more than 20k profit per hour, without any risk or grinding!

:D

I actually Lol'd when I saw that.

That being said, Raz is not most people (ranked 2nd in combat skills, 10th all around, top 100 in 7 skills + oa).

Just drawing conclusions based on the Phoenix abilities. My opinion, based on that it's heat damage, is that it's useless and that Korrode's buff idea beats the AoE in usefulness.

That's why whatever you say is worthless. Because your mouth talks without your brain. You don't even know what the fire damage will be, but you know it will be useless.

Just means those who stand in KF stand in aug sets, true sight, and heat protection spells.. But still, could be interesting.. (And I'm guessing this AoE damage will be based on the Level, not many people will level for it.. (Cost is about 600k - based on it being 800 per level @ 12 levels).

But lets wait and see.

showing up with a bunch of phoenix would be like summoning AC, everyone just dis/tele or run before you can attack

while they ran you are wasting CF till they come back

or as far as i've seen now - 2 bronze hits and a phoenixs is dead, so the AoE wouldnt last long

showing up with a bunch of phoenix would be like summoning AC, everyone just dis/tele or run before you can attack

Then you already won the fight, if they run.

Just means those who stand in KF stand in aug sets, true sight, and heat protection spells.. But still, could be interesting.. (And I'm guessing this AoE damage will be based on the Level, not many people will level for it.. (Cost is about 600k - based on it being 800 per level @ 12 levels).

But lets wait and see.

Much more than 600k. Radu has said ~32k CF, so 2 million is a better guess.

Then you already won the fight, if they run.

u only win the fight if u kill the person & ch6 announces the kill :)

That's why whatever you say is worthless. Because your mouth talks without your brain. You don't even know what the fire damage will be, but you know it will be useless.

The Heat Shield spell negates ALL heat damage, no?

But it does require a person be quick thinking and quick clicking/pressing to get the Heat Shield spell on.

So you're going to add this AoE fire damage effect to the Phoenix then?

No, the heat shield only protects you against 4 or so damage.

Probably I am going to add it, but only if I see the phoenix actually being used, or at least leveled by people.

Please tell me the 32k CF was a joke?.. I seriously hope so, who in there right mind would buy/use 32k?.. I mean c'mon, why not make it 9.6k? why does something that might actually work cost so much fucking GC?

Btw Aug Set (iirc) gives nice fire protection also, standing in KF with it on isn't much of a problem. Should change it to a different type of AoE damage, not fire, or something that doesn't have a form of protection (Such as radiation, or magic) to make the 32k CF useful instead of another GC sink that's often implemented.

Ofc these are just my opinions, what do I know. :)

Edited by Chosen

Should change it to a different type of AoE damage, not fire, or something that doesn't have a form of protection (Such as radiation, or magic)
We don't know how much fire damage it will be. Also, fire damage blends nicely with phoenix' "story/roleplaying".

One reply:

/Gossip about Chosen

Tell me the last time I logged on, or PK'd, and then tell me if I care, and then tell me some more useless information that you can spam about people trying to make them look bad.

I'll stick to playing my new game, but have fun in KF, I'm sure it's as packed as ever. :)

so why do you care about the gc cost to lvl phoenix?

i hope Entropy appreciates random trolling from someone who doesnt play anymore :<

I know Lorck, it does, but I'm saying there are ways to protect against it.

And Infa I don't care lol, I'm just giving my opinion on how expensive as fuck that will be to level, that's all, making it kinda worthless for the time you'll use it.

Probably I am going to add it, but only if I see the phoenix actually being used, or at least leveled by people.

:)

Seems like a catch-22 to me...

The damage can't be too much above maximum phoenix resistance, and absolutely not too much becauce of Bethel pin slaughterfest.

Now if it's like other effects it happens every 10 seconds. Wtf can one kill with few dmg happening every 10 seconds? Even if there's 10 of them? The phoenix group is thanksgiving dinner before it has chance to scorch anything. If it's made do constant big dmg it's ridiculously OP.

Fine line of OP and useful...

The damage can't be too much above maximum phoenix resistance, and absolutely not too much becauce of Bethel pin slaughterfest.

Now if it's like other effects it happens every 10 seconds. Wtf can one kill with few dmg happening every 10 seconds? Even if there's 10 of them? The phoenix group is thanksgiving dinner before it has chance to scorch anything. If it's made do constant big dmg it's ridiculously OP.

Fine line of OP and useful...

Unless the Phoenix's altitude makes it impervious to ground forces, like in other games (Civilization comes to mind, ground units can't attack planes.) This would also add another dimension to pk, but would require extensive work.

• -Phoenixes can fly, so people and mobs on the ground can't attack them (melee that is), unless of course, the Phoenix engages them first, which would be stupid, given the lack of armor and weapons.
    -Phoenixes could be attackable by other winged mobs (the birds, dragons, maybe cockatrices), maybe special melee weapons (Wyrmslayer, anyone play Fire Emblem?), and ranging.
    -Ranging could be more effective against the phoenix, maybe a damage bonus.

At my present A/D level it's useless to level a phoenix, but what i can do is : make a lot of creature food for other hungry phoenixes to come :-)

Edited by aredhel