Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mouzers

Branch of Destruction

As discussed with rajun earlier today BroD should not work in TD though. Old school PK did not have BroD hence the effect should be removed at least on that map.

agreed,if rosto etc... dont work brods should not either. also if no drop in kf why brod,brod should be for full pk areas not arenas or old school pk maps. :)

i think in this day and age of EL with so many character buyers around they think throwing the brod threat around gives them some instant credibility and respect

also, with the advent of buy one week sell the next characters, the people throwing this $$ around dont really giv e a flying monkeys if you have saved for like 3 months to buy your stuff with in game GC u got yourself, because they bought most of thier stuff with $$, and therefore dont understand the loss factor as well

when i first started playing EL , i heard of maybe 1 guy using the brod and that was liquid back in his evil days - now it seems like its how you deal with problems in EL - threaten the brod after like 1 chat

and tho im prolly wrong about character buyers making the brod more acceptable part of EL , i still dont like them :)( or the brod )

@ Starlite I know I'm sort of a noob and I don't really know much of the game, but I know what I'm talking about, and anyones post to disagree with me has not and never will change my thought. If you got your ice dragon set destroyed you would be pissed wouldn't you? I'm sure you spent a long time getting money for it. BroD is an absolutely ridiculous item.

Edited by mouzers

Saying Brod is good because is removes items from the game thus helping the economy is stupid in my opinion. If you're so interested in helping the economy and you think removing items from the game helps, just put your own armor and BroD in a bag and let it poof instead of destroying other people's items.

*Foever IF it didnt exsist the break rate could easily be increased slightly so that argument doesnt make sense. As a revenge weapon it has a place (even tho I personally detest it)

BroD only serves for PK wars and revenge. Break rate mechanism is currently perfect. Things break when they should and don't break when they shouldn't. Even if BroD was removed from the game, break rates shouldn't be changed (unless of course Radu decides there are reasons to change them).

@ Starlite I know I'm sort of a noob and I don't really know much of the game, but I know what I'm talking about, and anyones post to disagree with me has not and never will change my thought. If you got your ice dragon set destroyed you would be pissed wouldn't you? I'm sure you spent a long time getting money for it. BroD is an absolutely ridiculous item.

Please remember that a brod only has a 5% chance of degrading one item / hit.

It can hit quite a lot of you let it, here is some advice to look after yourself.

PlayerX pulls out brod..

Put on red cape

Dis/tele your ass out of there

Pull brod out yourself teach em a leason

Use warlock cape, bronze armor to help negate the chance of hit.

Use summon stones to distract playerx

Use MI ward and harm / MD the smeg out of him

Go to pk with augmented leathers, tit short sword.

If you cant afford an Ice dragon set and be able to afford to lose it, then dont buy one until you can. Tit armor is very good pk armor, And it is still reasonably priced. I have been in many fights where someone pulled brod on me, I think I can remember 2 occasions being hit, in many years. It is also an item of choice. I dont use a brod/sod, but that is my choice. I would rather poof a rosto then a armor. But with no drop maps, retaliation occurs. And remember, most people dont brod for no reason. Some reasons go back between people for 5 years or more :)

And remember, most people dont brod for no reason. Some reasons go back between people for 5 years or more :)

Yes, the biggest part of people who feel using brod is justified have something to prove about their private parts, but more to themselves than to anyone else.

Brod is being used, for as long as I can remember, in a few ways:

- to just talk about it to try and intimidate the person that will supposedly get broded (lame)

- to punish someone for an outlawishy act against a person, or a friend/guildie (could be a good reason)

- by only a few it actually gets used all the time because they simply don't care. (those people don't care to get it done back to them so wth who cares. At least those people, and there really have been only a handfull, didn't just talk and drool over it, but just went ahead and went on brodsprees)

Ever since PK, for the most part is loss free because the most used PK areas are No Drop, use of brod has increased a lot, and to be honest, with death being free (pc on dignity?) brod offers a risk of losing something in return that you can actually protect yourself from, so it's not all that bad, if you look at it rationally.

However, we all play games (or most of us do...) for fun, and not to only slave ourselves to buy stuff and replace it after someone knowingly wrecks it. And no, the majority of EL players do NOT fund their gameplay by buying gold on the blackmarket, most people still work for it. Either way I think my opening phrase reflects very well how I feel about the brod, and I also know that to a person that's new to the game, it seems even more extreme of a weapon than to those of us that play for years now.

Unfortunately, we've had discussion about this several times in the past already, and Teh God has been perfectly clear about not wanting to remove it. I would personally have settled with higher overall breakrates and less No Drop maps if brod were removed, but that will remain just a dream :)

there is nothink bad about brod since u can protect urself from it,rly.

tbh yust another usless topic

i see this topic sux :> becouse alot ppl they talk here and they dont pk

ty :>

You ever think of the idea that more people would actually try out PK a bit more extensively if BroD weren't there in the first place, Einstein?

You ever think of the idea that more people would actually try out PK a bit more extensively if BroD weren't there in the first place, Einstein?

Einstein is the guy who invented fingerpaint btw.

-Gohan

most of us were PKing years before you even knew about the game, you wouldn't be here without buying chars. get a clue.

and you know, 3+ years ago I never ever took a cotu to PK. it wasn't needed, you could actually learn and use capes with strategy without worrying about some brod happy moron.

most of us were PKing years before you even knew about the game, you wouldn't be here without buying chars. get a clue.

and you know, 3+ years ago I never ever took a cotu to PK. it wasn't needed, you could actually learn and use capes with strategy without worrying about some brod happy moron.

lol when u start pk mr liquid ? u r rlly sux :> u start before 2 month when u buy this char :> and u was all time sitting in votd sto

and there is some thing name COTU ow i forget he get brod from me before 2 days :>

Fail.

amar, since when does Luigi = Liquid?

You may not have noticed but there's some other capes ingame that could actually be helpfull in PK. At the moment hardly anyone dares take the risk of swapping from Cotu to mirror or BP, which affects the way fights go.

But of course, YOU'RE the pr0 PKer, who the hell do I think I am with my common sense, and all?

lol when u start pk mr liquid ? u r rlly sux :> u start before 2 month when u buy this char :> and u was all time sitting in votd sto

and there is some thing name COTU ow i forget he get brod from me before 2 days :>

I didn't know I was liquid.. ty for letting me know amar truly appreciated.

bolded text ftw

Just take a build that means you don't get hit. :) Still find it funny when people like Druss try to brod me when they dont hit. :)

And lolol @ amar.

(1) This topic is pointless, BROD would not be removed, Entropy already said that MANY times, period;

(2)I have to agree with Ateh, his last post in this thread pwns;

(3) Amar... just incredible... Liquid==Liam?? o.O

(1) This topic is pointless, BROD would not be removed, Entropy already said that MANY times, period;

(2)I have to agree with Ateh, his last post in this thread pwns;

(3) Amar... just incredible... Liquid==Liam?? o.O

Mabey but it still must be said that BROD's are items for the socially defishent,

O.O Liam is way to obnoxiouse to be liquid ..... i mean liquid is almost cool O..O

What is your native english DG? and I may seem that way because I don't really have a "soft-spot" for the daft so to speak.

but yeah, i'd have to agree with lorck. god knows why this weapon won't be taken away from game, it causes more tension than it actually breaks something.

I have never pked (mostly 'cuz I'm too n00b) but, from a non-pker point of view, I could care less, didn't someone once have in there signature, save the economy Brod your neighbor xD *ehm* not really tho

Edited by Kalix