Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mouzers

Branch of Destruction

Recently I heard about an item called Branch of Destruction. It destroys peoples items and I think it's totally unnecessary. The only thing it does is piss off players who get affected by it. I think it shouldn't exist. Does anyone agree with me?

Edited by mouzers

Recently I heard about an item called Branch of Destruction. It destroys peoples items and I think it's totally unnecessary. The only thing it does is piss off players who get affected by it. I think it shouldn't exist. Does anyone agree with me?

You just heard about it so stfu stop complaining.

It's a necessary item. It helps keep the game from being flooded with high end armors and NMT's and such.

It's also a good measuring stick for hatred among guilds and the likes.

There is also a cape to keep said Branching from happening.

Honestly, useless thread.

It's a necessary item. It helps keep the game from being flooded with high end armors and NMT's and such.

IT REALLY IS an overkill item ...... i mean .... seriously think about it

armors break and degrade .... only thing that doesnt break is nmt and look how the price has droped whats the point in carrying a rost stone if all sombody has to do is hit you a few times and destroy your armor.

Edited by DemothDrazel

armors break and degrade .... only thing that doesnt break is nmt and look how the price has droped whats the point in carrying a rost stone if all your armors gona break anyway

rofl. Honestly.

Do you train in Drag armor? no.. I hope not anyway.

NMT's don't break, if we had a flood of NMT's they'd start going for MM price :(. Then every one and their mother wouldn't lose NMT. WE wouldn't want that now would we?

If there wasn't a BRoD things would rarely degrade and get broken. At least not as much as if BRoD didn't exist. Then Manu'ers would get less market for high end armors, GC wouldn't exit the game from being repaired. The list is endless. Honestly, the BRoD is a very good essential item to our game play.

[

Edited by forever

Please remember also that mouzers is very new in the game. His posts are as he sees it from a newbies perspective. We all change ideas and understand more as we progress and learn. Having said that everyone has an opinion and are free to express them. It all part of the learning curve. I always disliked the brod but as a weapon of revenge I guess it has its purpose. Its up to each individual as to wether or not to own or use one.

*Foever IF it didnt exsist the break rate could easily be increased slightly so that argument doesnt make sense. As a revenge weapon it has a place (even tho I personally detest it)

Edited by Starlite

armors break and degrade .... only thing that doesnt break is nmt and look how the price has droped whats the point in carrying a rost stone if all sombody has to do is hit you a few times and destroy your armor.

1. NMT is NOT immune to Branch of Destruction.

2. If you had been PKing recently you would realize people do not carry rosto's anymore there because the only PK maps used atm are no drop.

Rostogol stones are used for invasions/instances/toad eating/PvP in drop maps.

BroD is NOT an overkill item. There are many tactical uses to it being in game.

1. Good revenge weapon for shit tagged guilds.

2. Makes sure that people don't use BP/Mirror/etc capes on you unless they want their stuff broken.

3. Keeps armors going out of the game which is a good thing.

4. Makes me never forget my DPa days when I first started playing (all because of 1 player named LeoI). *memories*

If you don't want to have stuff break from the BroD WEAR A RED CAPE!

@mouzers

How long have you played this game?

Have you ever came across someone trying to BroD you?

Do you have a red cape?

Or did you just suggest this because you heard someone talking about how "god awful" this branch of supreme power that can rain down complete and utter hell upon EL is?

armors break and degrade .... only thing that doesnt break is nmt and look how the price has droped whats the point in carrying a rost stone if all your armors gona break anyway

rofl. Honestly.

NMT's don't break, if we had a flood of NMT's they'd start going for MM price :(. Then every one and their mother wouldn't lose NMT. WE wouldn't want that now would we?

If there wasn't a BRoD things would rarely degrade and get broken. At least not as much as if BRoD didn't exist. Then Manu'ers would get less market for high end armors, GC wouldn't exit the game from being repaired. The list is endless. Honestly, the BRoD is a very good essential item to our game play.

[

Think about how many people go into instances and use high quality armor think about all the dragon farmers, They DO get used enough to break on their own ..... and Monster Mag prices have risen to point in which its hard for the newbs to get them. People will most likely break things durring invasions, which is good enough the only thing the brod helps is PK really and pkers getting "Pressiouse" Pki points

rofl. Honestly.

[

Think about how many people go into instances and use high quality armor think about all the dragon farmers, They DO get used enough to break on their own ..... and Monster Mag prices have risen to point in which its hard for the newbs to get them. People will most likely break things durring invasions, which is good enough the only thing the brod helps is PK really and pkers getting "Pressiouse" Pki points

The Brod in no way affects PKi, unless of course they degrade -> break a CoL and manage to kill some one with that. It's meant to destroy peoples armors and pressure them out of wearing mirror/bp/nmt capes. The BRoD is used to revenge enemies who deserve it.. list is endless.

the only thing the brod helps is PK really and pkers getting "Pressiouse" Pki points

You have no idea what your talking about.. sry but it's true..

And do you realize that "Pressiouse" PKI points went out the window when no drop maps came into effect?

I can't say that nobody cares about PKI anymore but you don't see people *ahemliquidahem* selling PKI points to buyers anymore like before ND KF ^^

Paul this post came about because an ally was helping me and we got an #ig message from our ally saying his guild had been brod tagged for helping. (by an individual player not a guild) Until that point Mouzers didnt even know what a brod is.

[

The Brod in no way affects PKi, unless of course they degrade -> break a CoL and manage to kill some one with that. It's meant to destroy peoples armors and pressure them out of wearing mirror/bp/nmt capes. The BRoD is used to revenge enemies who deserve it.. list is endless.

Revenge simply leads to revenge ... and at this point the items to make the armors cost more then the armors so whats the point in helping the mixers if they dont wana mix because there is no profit

Paul this post came about because an ally was helping me and we got an #ig message from our ally saying his guild had been brod tagged for helping. (by an individual player not a guild) Until that point Mouzers didnt even know what a brod is.

Blame the player not the item.

I know mouzers is new, but being told the aspects of a BRoD and it's importance to the game is important for the 'learning process'

#edit

@DG

They get exp don't they? The cost of things now is partially the fault of the manuer's for jackign up the prices no? They can't blame any one but themselves.

Edited by forever

Well then he really jumped the gun posting about it here until he found out more imo.

There are many benefits to BroD in game that he cannot possibly understand yet.

Agree Paul, he has made a couple of different posts without fully understanding and his views do not reflect either mine or my guilds. However I defend his right to learn and say what he feels, even if i wish he wouldnt speak out so quickly and without more facts.

Still I understand his point of view there :( is my personal use of brod's and I am doubtfull that anyone within my guild Has one. Even if i were offered or given one free i would myself drop it and let it poof

Especially considering the extremely high cost of top-end equipment in this game, i think the BRoD is a retarded weapon.

Making it so PlayerA is capable of inflicting such a high degree of loss upon PlayerB is extremely bad for a MMORPG, it means people with social disorders have the opportunity to cause extreme grief and ruin the game for others.

Bad game design. It's why you're not allowed to stab members of the opposing team with a knife when playing basketball.

Anyway here's my little essay from a while back:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Unofficial_EL_For...4&t=1371252

Still I understand his point of view there :( is my personal use of brod's and I am doubtfull that anyone within my guild Has one. Even if i were offered or given one free i would myself drop it and let it poof

LOl I or my guild dont own a brod, but i would buy/use one in extreme cases for retaliation. However as I will never have the gc and only a few on shit list I dont need to worry about it.

Edited by Starlite

Especially considering the extremely high cost of top-end equipment in this game, i think the BRoD is a retarded weapon.

Making it so PlayerA is capable of inflicting such a high degree of loss upon PlayerB is extremely bad for a MMORPG, it means people with social disorders have the opportunity to cause extreme grief and ruin the game for others.

Bad game design. It's why you're not allowed to stab members of the opposing team with a knife when playing basketball.

Anyway here's my little essay from a while back:

"It's why you're not allowed to stab members of the opposing team with a knife when playing basketball."

Quote of the week :(

but I have to agree with you fully

Edited by DemothDrazel

Still I understand his point of view there :) is my personal use of brod's and I am doubtfull that anyone within my guild Has one. Even if i were offered or given one free i would myself drop it and let it poof

Someone (not a guildie) actually offered me a free BroD once :P

full ack with Korrode, and if it needs another reason why BROD is bad, its the baby-talk about brod-tagging other ppl/guilds in the official channels..... (i br0d t4g y0000!911!!)

In fact, if the economy really needed the BROD to function, then something would be very wrong.

still it would be better to avoid the suggestion forum for the first months of playing, if you are a newbie (no offense).

my .02

Wait a few months.

Makes some enemies.

You will count the days till you can afford one.

I've always hated the Brod, it's a shithouse weapon and as korrode and mouzers stated, it's totally unnecessary.

I've used brod in the past and it's a weapon I regret using till this day, specially when you spend forever making GC to get your item and your opponent does the same to have you destroy months of work with a fucking twig.

^QFT.

Wait a few months.

Makes some enemies.

You will count the days till you can afford one.

This is certainly true.

Someone will BRoD you or bagjump you of 100kgc+ worth of stuff, and all you'll want to do is get yourself a BRoD and go to town on them. I own a BRoD and have used it plenty, and will continue to on anyone who does the afore mentioned to me... but the point is, it's only due to the fact people can inflict such grief on each other in the first place that so many end up feeling as though the BRoD's existence is a good thing.

All, ofc, just imo.

Edited by Korrode