Eternal Lands Official Forums
vinoveritas

New Summoning Creatures Elementars

I would like to suggest that we create new creatures which exists only through summoning,

As an example i thought of elementars, made out of either water, fire air or earth essences

a summenor should be able to summon such an elementar with essences only

for example for a fire elementar you would need an combination of Fire spirit and energy essences, ...

I think it would be just great to have summonable creatures, which do not exist outside of that field of expertise

Depending on the strength you had in mind for these creature, (I assume you want it pretty high) the only change I would make to your idea is that the Elementals require an Enriched essence to summon. There are certainly enough low level monsters out there to summon, and it might be interesting the have high level creatures dealing lots of damage solely of a specific type, e.g. 30-50 fire damage per successful hit (random numbers, don't flame please :P )

Depending on the strength you had in mind for these creature, (I assume you want it pretty high) the only change I would make to your idea is that the Elementals require an Enriched essence to summon. There are certainly enough low level monsters out there to summon, and it might be interesting the have high level creatures dealing lots of damage solely of a specific type, e.g. 30-50 fire damage per successful hit (random numbers, don't flame please :blink: )

Enriched essences are to costly now adays, i dont think they should be used, unless ofc these monsters a very strong (like acw and such) but i like the idea. its always nice to see new monsters in EL, but i doubt it will happen, bcus in my~2 years of being here, the only things that have been added have been the tank rabbit and ice dragon.

bcus in my~2 years of being here, the only things that have been added have been the tank rabbit and ice dragon.

Cant summon Ice dragon dude.. And in the (how old PKserver is) years ive been here there are loads more updates regarding summoning...

Special summons is fun, nothing more.

I think other changes (like multiple summons, more control over summons) are more beneficial to the skill.

Depending on the strength you had in mind for these creature, (I assume you want it pretty high) the only change I would make to your idea is that the Elementals require an Enriched essence to summon. There are certainly enough low level monsters out there to summon, and it might be interesting the have high level creatures dealing lots of damage solely of a specific type, e.g. 30-50 fire damage per successful hit (random numbers, don't flame please :blink: )

No they do not need to be a very high level summon creatures, In fact i would think that it would be best that they have a special hit ability which suites their element, but are otherwise quite low level. Not every new creature must be bigger tougher harder to beat.

Sometimes they should just be different form what we have seen until now

I would like to suggest that we create new creatures which exists only through summoning,

As an example i thought of elementars, made out of either water, fire air or earth essences

a summenor should be able to summon such an elementar with essences only

for example for a fire elementar you would need an combination of Fire spirit and energy essences, ...

I think it would be just great to have summonable creatures, which do not exist outside of that field of expertise

Very cool idea!

Elementals that you can summon.......sounds cool to me.

I like the idea of them doing damage related to their element too. Fire would be heat damage. Water would be cold damage. Not sure what air and earth would do...perhaps just normal damage or perhaps magic/radiation.

If people want enriched essences to be used, I would suggest having greater and lesser elementals. The greater elementals would require enriched essences and the lesser elementals would require normal essences.

Yeah i like the idea too.

The strength of the summoned elemental could be based on summoning level.

And to balance things a bit i'd add there a chance that the elemental would turn against it's master.

The probability would be based on charm attribute and maybe magic level.

I doubt we will get any new monsters soon, but if it could be something - then it should be this one! :P

I am not summoner, maybe I will start this skill in the far future or maybe never but I think this is the best of all latest "new monster" ideas. Interesting enough, giving many opportunities how the elementals could be like, I like also suggestion comments here from previous people, go for it :P

Perhaps there could be two levels of elementals. The low level elementals would be made with regular essences and be relatively weak. Add an enriched essence to the recipe to summon the high level version.

I agree that elementals should do damage relative to their composition. Fire elementals only do fire damage. Water elementals only do cold damage. Earth elementals should only do physical damage. I don't know what air elementals would do. Maybe we could have magic elementals instead that do magic damage.

Overall, I think summoning using only essences instead of animal parts is a nice change of pace and adds an interesting variation to the skill.

We have sslessars...not much used, but a good alternative when 8 acws are overkill. Also, they're the only summoned monster that wander.

bcus in my~2 years of being here, the only things that have been added have been the tank rabbit and ice dragon.

I think other changes (like multiple summons, more control over summons) are more beneficial to the skill.

I agree. It would be nice to have some changes on special effects pets, like spiders for example. No one uses spider stones even if the paralyze feature is useful. In this regard, I slightly hijack the thread and suggest a new oldschool recipe to summon multiple spiders at once. Good reserve of mana (both for you and the opponent), better chance of paralyze.

Overall, I think summoning using only essences instead of animal parts is a nice change of pace and adds an interesting variation to the skill.

We have Gargoyles. Summoned a throng when I was short of wolf furs...*memories*

We have Gargoyles. Summoned a throng when I was short of wolf furs...*memories*

Just because we have gargoyles doesn't mean we shouldn't have elementals. I also support adding more controls over summons, but that's a different thread.

OMG...cant believe I just read this thread. Let me say I love any new summons. Especially spirits that suck out the souls of noobs and leave a bag for me to grab.

Oh yes this sounds brilliant ! So far we still don't have elementars or any monsters that deal elementary damage.

Special summons is fun, nothing more.

Sorry- i should realize that some play this game to work their asses off, but please allow others to have some fun, too

Oh yes i get what you mean. They can't really be used in combat because they are not powerful enough. Agreed- this will require some tweaks and I still haven't got a good idea for this, I hope someone will.

OMG...cant believe I just read this thread. Let me say I love any new summons. Especially spirits that suck out the souls of noobs and leave a bag for me to grab.

EBUL!!! You should come back and play to train, you are being out-pr0ed by quite a few :P

what IS an elementar ? never heard of it. Did you see it in some other game ?

I want to summon scorpions some day.. or monsters that are not made of flesh and blood but inorganic material! such as: rocks, crystals, etc.. which gives them very high armor.

what IS an elementar ?

A creature made from the raw elements, like fire/air/water/earth - they would have the appearance of the element itself, so they would appear as a flame,

This concept is older than computers, but has been adapted by many games so it may be perceived as a cliché by some

I want to summon scorpions some day.. or monsters that are not made of flesh and blood but inorganic material! such as: rocks, crystals, etc.. which gives them very high armor.

scorpions sound nice, all those arachnophiles out there will enjoy them! Metal monsters may be interesting, too, but at the moment we've already got tank rabbits with their titanium skin ;D