Eternal Lands Official Forums
BruSu

landmines

how bout 'Fragile Underground Kinetic Explosive Device'?

No, I think "Fragmentation Underground or Covered Kinetic Explosive Device" is better.

These days their use is very controlled, at least in modern countries.

I strongly disagree, every single day more mines are planted then are disarmed. The mines used IN modern countries are documented, but these 'modern' countries plant them all over the world and just don't give a crap about the children playing soccer 10 years from now... But that is all besides the point :)

Not all countries plant them, but production isn't stopping anytime soon.

No, I think "Fragmentation Underground or Covered Kinetic Explosive Device" is better.

LOL :)

I don't see the use of this thread, I plan on Engineering soon, and will be blowing people up. B)

I like this game but I have a lot of difficulties with these landmines. They are to close to reality. All over the world in RL landmiles should be banned - a lot of people are fighting for that - and here in this funny game they even have the same name. Are there some others with the same bad feeling?

I imagine you mentioned this because it is a bit too close to life for you. My condolences for that.

Hey, look at the bright side. At least EL landmines do not last very long. I think it was something like 10 minutes. In real life, they can last years. Not here though. Also, if you have some engineering skill, you have a chance of seeing them in this game. Not so in real life.

I doubt they would remove landmines even if people didn't really use them. I don't know how much they are made or used in this game. I doubt they are used all that often though.

Agreed - Even better. lol

I doubt they would remove landmines even if people didn't really use them. I don't know how much they are made or used in this game. I doubt they are used all that often though.

Take One perk and you get a nice demonstration. :)

Dugur's cat makes more damage than a landmine...

For me it sounds pretty weird that you are offended about landmines, but not about killing pandas, tigers and other exposed species (yes we really need PETA-guild!). Not to mention about killing other people :)

Edited by Miiks

All landmines are made in the US, and now the americans are crying about how horrible they are.. When was the last time you tripped on one? ;)

All landmines are made in the US, and now the americans are crying about how horrible they are.. When was the last time you tripped on one? ;)

Yeah because all the other countries aren't sophisticated enough to make them right? [/sarcasm]

We should change the swords to

Blunt probing objects to test life long goals and ambitions.

That's just me though...

Honestly, it's a game. If I wanted to take offense to stuff ingame, I'd never be playing them.

I mean hell, most games these days have some form of violence in them. [thank you xbox360]

Get over it, go lay a few kill some people and you will feel better about yourself. Trust me.

I also dont like the landmines ... one reason: we dont even have GUNS in the game yet! lol.. if we got landmines surely we should have chaingun spots in kf by now :bow_arrow: (j/k)

I also dont like the landmines ... one reason: we dont even have GUNS in the game yet! lol.. if we got landmines surely we should have chaingun spots in kf by now :bow_arrow: (j/k)

Well, who says the landmines aren't activated with magic? Afterall the ability to use saltpetre came way earlier than the guns. Even the early roman empire used grenades when they fought against the germanic / keltic / gallic tribes up north. Only real difference between then and now is that we have semi-automatic primers, they didn't.

Edited by HeLLRaiZeR

I dont like that the Harm spell is called 'Harm', it's offensive to me.

All over the world many people are fighting to stop people from harming each other.

Let's change the name to "Make the other guy's HP go down spell".

mannedturret.jpg

Clearly, you weren't informed about the super secret leaked update

Some time ago, i was sitting on the poki islands, which are located in the carabean sea, i was having a good smoke, i saw this post from BruSu.

I thought by myself wow Rsta wow this is really a good post.

And because this thread has so many answers it is hot, people are concerned about it.

On the poki islands we have banned these landmines. We were the first ones worldwide.

Its somekind of mean. People who are not able to fight with others in a fair combat use landmines or stuff like this.

So we have to face it, as long as people are mean they will use landmines. So the question is if a friendy game like eternal lands should support the idea of land mines?

Some time ago, i was sitting on the poki islands, which are located in the carabean sea, i was having a good smoke, i saw this post from BruSu.

And because this thread has so many answers it is hot, people are concerned about it.

On the poki islands we have banned these landmines. We were the first ones worldwide.

Its somekind of mean. People who are not able to fight with others in a fair combat use landmines or stuff like this.

So we have to face it, as long as people are mean they will use landmines. So the question is if a friendy game like eternal lands should support the idea of land mines?

The game is based around players killing players with swords magic bows and arrows. How the hell is that a friendly game?

The game is based around players killing players with swords magic bows and arrows. How the hell is that a friendly game?

You can kill, who ever you want. I will not stopp you

You can kill, who ever you want. I will not stopp you

Your response doesn't counter his response.

The game has players killing players in a plethora of different ways, so how just the inclusion of only landmines take it from 'friendly' to 'mean'?

The use of land mines is controversial because they are indiscriminate weapons, harming friend , enemy or fluffy bunny alike.

A magic sword you choose who to kill. a mine you dont you kill the first thing that walks past.

I think if you dont want mines in game just dont make or use them .

Just be carful as i keep walking into desert pines storeage and get the warning.

entered range of mine 1

entered range of mine 2

Edited by bomwan

Learn some engineering and then you may be able to see the landmines and just avoid them.....assuming you don't pick up every bag you see. One could be hiding under a bag or dead thing.

The use of land mines is controversial because they are indiscriminate weapons, harming friend , enemy or fluffy bunny alike.

A magic sword you choose who to kill. a mine you dont you kill the first thing that walks past.

In RL far more people get killed by "friendly fire" than by landmines.

Also, when pk was very active and there were no commands to set allied guilds, you could see tons of people misclicking and killing each other.

The old meme that a sword/bow/mine/gun is just a tool, its absolutely true. People kill people, the tools they use to accomplish that may vary.

Wow. You know what offends me? that political correctness has evolved this far. I mean when it comes to someones race or religion, or even physical problems a person has, things said can be mentally hurtful. But really, landmine? is the landmine offended at being called a landmine? it is a verbal representation of with this Object is, it's purpose. It sits in the land, and is a mine. It is not going to blow you up or not blow you up if you call it a bag of cotton. I mean holy <censored> get a grip. Yes landmines are a problem worldwide, at the army base near where I grew up theres still mines somewhere. Don't personify them, they don't have feelings. I prefer freedom of speech instead of this UN censored internet BS. It's really getting out of hand.