same as gatherer medallion + 30 material points

Gatherer Medallion of mana

ingreds:

• Gatherer Medallion
  • 2 Enriched Magic Essence
  • 10 Henbane

stats:

same as gatherer medallion +20 Mana points

Gatherer Medallion of life and mana mana (might be a too overpowered item?)

ingreds:

• Gatherer Medallion of life
  • Gatherer Medallion of mana
  • Binding stone

stats:

same as gatherer medallion + 30 material points +20 Mana points

note that it would also be a good idea that the gatherer medallion of life and mana would only be made by chance when making either gatherer med of life or gatherer med of mana

Nice idea but removes some strategy in PvE and PvP - which imo is bad, specially in PvP were its already about who has more Gc - no strategy

Probably better to enjoy the gatherer medallion we all have and love, rather than asking for more and more. The gatherer medallion already has what is essentially a built-in moon med. If someone wants a med of life or med of mana, s/he can use those as appropriate.

Probably better to enjoy the gatherer medallion we all have and love, rather than asking for more and more. The gatherer medallion already has what is essentially a built-in moon med. If someone wants a med of life or med of mana, s/he can use those as appropriate.
Agreed.

also make bronze halberd-scythe of mana nulification and cooldown removal. shouldn't be a too overpowered item, no?

I didn't think that 30hp's or 20 mana points would be THAT overpowered  :)  ... considering max HP's are over 200 and Mana points over 300 via pickpoints?

and we allready have items like "red dragon helment of life and mana".... and... other items that give extra life or mana points..... that i cannot remmber at the moment

but reading the replys makes me think i may have been wrong  :P

Probably better to enjoy the gatherer medallion

I do enjoy it, and I AM gratefull for the gatherer med - it's one of my favorite objects in the game

that's why i made the suggsestion in the first place - to have more items in the game that would give the gatherer effect

rather than asking for more and more.

don't be angry/upset about my suggsestion - note that I'm just a n00b PvE fighter - i fight in a leather set - so i know nothing about balancing items strength... and it did seem like a really good idea at the time

guess i'll just set some more PP's to will  :)

edit: typos

Edited by zalic

There are other " life and mana" items. A person wearing multiple ones would have quite an advantage.....especially with orange spam gear.

Even if there was 1 binding stone added to each of these items, I think it would be overpowered.

If you want gear that has cool features but might be overpowered, perhaps you should suggest a Cursed version of it instead.

:)

could someone please explain to me now what you mean when you say "it would be to overpowered"

SenZon suggested that it would be bad because ppl with more gc would have more power

nathanstenzel on the other hand suggested that it doesn't cost enough?

are the stats to high compared to the price or are the stat as overall too much?

or is just the power of picking up objects so important in PvP too?

if the stats are too high would the gatherer medallion of mana not be overpowered if it's stats would be "picks up items of the opponent you killed" and "+20 mana" not be overpowered?

I thought i was following what you were saying and i accepted the idea was that this item was not "up to standards", but now i really would like to know the principle behind it

sorry again for being too n00b to get it :)

I think what most people are trying to get at is that currently the medallions are set up so you have to choose what kind of bonus you want and that attempts to balance the bonuses. To have one medallion that combines all the features takes some of the "strategy" out of PvP or PK.

And even though it seems like it would be nice for training I don't know that it's really practical to have a 69kgc(at current prices if I did the math right for the mana mana one) medallion that gives only a slight bonus to medallions already available. Even the ones before that are pricey for a slight gain. As a crafter I doubt I would sell many of these if they were included in the game, pry would only make them on request.

To be 100% honest with you i do NOT agree with most meds in EL.

In my opinion to add more strategy to the game the meds should be:

Moon Medallion - +4 armor (Now +4 armor and +4 accuracy)

Star Medallion- +4 Damage (now +4 damage and +2 armor)

Unicorn Medallion-+4 Defence

Sun Medallion - +4 accuracy

Medallion of Life - +30 Material Points and chance to heal (now +2 armor and +2 accuracy, 30 HP and chance to heal)

Medallion of Mana - +20 Ethereal Points (now +2 armor and +2 accuracy)

Basically:

Remove accuracy bonus on moon med

Remove armor bonus on stars med

Remove armor and accuracy bonus on medallion of Life/Mana

Would add a use for sun med and more strategy as to which med to use where and when.

~SenZ

Edited by SenZon

could someone please explain to me now what you mean when you say "it would be to overpowered"
In my opinion, you should not have a med who does it all, you should have to do some intelligent choices about when to use something, instead of just using the uber med who does all what you needs..
sorry again for being too n00b to get it :)
No problem. :)

Hmmmmmm....Senzon has a point in post #12. Only a few of the medallions in the game have a market. If either abilities were removed in the way that he suggested or the current weaker ones were improved, it would be a more balanced market for medallions.

I usually make my sun medallions exclusively for the Glacmore magic shop since there is no market for them. People usually only want the unicorn medallion or moon medallion in my experience. It is usually one of those two medallions that I manage to sell to players.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Considering the original suggestion, i'll give a twist to it...

Make a med of life and mana, relativitly cheap (maybe 1 ELE and 1 EME), but only wearable for players with <40 a/d, so they can afford some extra points, but not paying a huge amount of money for a CoL (its price keeps raising).

To be 100% honest with you i do NOT agree with most meds in EL.

In my opinion to add more strategy to the game the meds should be:

Moon Medallion - +4 armor (Now +4 armor and +4 accuracy)

Star Medallion- +4 Damage (now +4 damage and +2 armor)

Unicorn Medallion-+4 Defence

Sun Medallion - +4 accuracy

Medallion of Life - +30 Material Points and chance to heal (now +2 armor and +2 accuracy, 30 HP and chance to heal)

Medallion of Mana - +20 Ethereal Points (now +2 armor and +2 accuracy)

Basically:

Remove accuracy bonus on moon med

Remove armor bonus on stars med

Remove armor and accuracy bonus on medallion of Life/Mana

Would add a use for sun med and more strategy as to which med to use where and when.

~SenZ

SenZon ftw.

I've been saying for ages that the +4 acc on moon med has to go, to balance the 'cheap' medallions...

iirc the moon med having +4 acc is actually originally a bug/mistake anyways.

Edited by Korrode

[iirc the moon med having +4 acc is actually originally a bug/mistake anyways.

Hmmm....Korrode, you are pro at digging in the forums for stuff. Do you think you can find something that says that?