Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ateh

Harvester Meds

No stopping from mini events while wearing the harvester medallion

thanks Radu the harv meds rock now

Agreed, they are much more useful! But the sudden increase in demand has driven the prices up and I still broke two in 30k silver harvested :icon4: On the plus side, demand for seridium bars is way up too so I can make the money back that way now too

Agreed, they are much more useful! But the sudden increase in demand has driven the prices up and I still broke two in 30k silver harvested :cry: On the plus side, demand for seridium bars is way up too so I can make the money back that way now too

I'm sure my Crafters Union card will be revoked for saying this, but there's no reason to pay exorbitant prices for harvester medallions. I realize how much time and effort it takes to meet the demand of consumers of these meds, but if you are such a consumer and on a budget, just buy the seri bars from the NPC and other ings on the market. Then find a friend or guildie who will mix them for you.

Seridium bars from the NPC (7k) + 2 gold bars (50ea) + 10FE (3.5ea) + 20 toads (1.5ea) = 7165.

Agreed, they are much more useful! But the sudden increase in demand has driven the prices up and I still broke two in 30k silver harvested :cry: On the plus side, demand for seridium bars is way up too so I can make the money back that way now too

I'm sure my Crafters Union card will be revoked for saying this, but there's no reason to pay exorbitant prices for harvester medallions. I realize how much time and effort it takes to meet the demand of consumers of these meds, but if you are such a consumer and on a budget, just buy the seri bars from the NPC and other ings on the market. Then find a friend or guildie who will mix them for you.

Seridium bars from the NPC (7k) + 2 gold bars (50ea) + 10FE (3.5ea) + 20 toads (1.5ea) = 7165.

I do agree with you.

However, as long as the market is good for harv meds, it's normal for crafters to sell them at a higher price than normal.

I mean, if you were a crafter (maybe you are, I don't know..) you would do the same I think ;-)

I do agree with you.

However, as long as the market is good for harv meds, it's normal for crafters to sell them at a higher price than normal.

I mean, if you were a crafter (maybe you are, I don't know..) you would do the same I think ;-)

Well from his post and his siggy too is you want you can pretty easily realize that he is a crafter. Check top players too to find out he is a top crafter in fact.

Well from his post and his siggy too is you want you can pretty easily realize that he is a crafter. Check top players too to find out he is a top crafter in fact.

Ah sorry.. I didn't look at the top players before posting (mm.. nice top ten :cry:).

Btw. as I said before, I DO agree with Chr0nic ;-).

Of course, since there is a lot of demand for harv meds, it's normal that prices are high.

seen as my previous post wasn't constructive enough and got deleted, let's try again.

Fully agree with chr0nik about the value of the harv meds. As a result, I posted an offer in the marketplace which I can't shamelessly plug here it seems.

Anyways, there is no need, at all, for harvester meds to be as expensive as some botowners seem to think them to be. That said: Since the change, I've actually been harvesting a little and didn't hate it as passionately as I usually do, so <3 the change.

I wanted to clarify my post. When I said prices have gone up because of demand, I meant exactly what everyone else has said here. The actual supply hasn't changed one bit, just as Chr0nic said they aren't really that expensive to make, nor do they require and rare ingreds. It's the bot owners and other people out there who seem to think that because demand is up they can charge more. And that's what really grinds my gears ;)

edit: my enthusiasm has been diminished all of a sudden as I broke two meds in the last 20 mins, and to answer the likely question before some one asks it, my degrade astro right now is actually 250 to the good :omg:

Edited by big_duo

edit: my enthusiasm has been diminished all of a sudden as I broke two meds in the last 20 mins, and to answer the likely question before some one asks it, my degrade astro right now is actually 250 to the good ;)

A high harvest event astro can cause them to wear out faster too.

<snip>

Anyways, there is no need, at all, for harvester meds to be as expensive as some botowners seem to think them to be. That said: Since the change, I've actually been harvesting a little and didn't hate it as passionately as I usually do, so <3 the change.

Of course there's no need to sell them @ 8k, but give the crafters a break. :omg:

For a lot of common items (C1 and diss rings) market price is way (and I mean way) under ingredient value, so you cannot blame them to profit from the occasion... (anyway, it probably won't last).

---------

Also, strange how ppl start complaining about prices rising when there is a shortage, where low prices are defended with "it's a free market, so high offer means low prices" ;)

Anyone can sell items at any price they want, I was simply suggesting an alternative to current high prices on the market channel and on bots. When a mere handful have a discussion about the recent price increase, I don't think it's time to raise the alarm.

In any case, this thread was started in praise of harvester medallions, not a complaint thread about rising prices. Many players are paying the higher prices, that alone speaks volumes.

(Looks at Chronik's sell price for harvester medallion.)

sell/ingreds = cost+markup

7500/7165 = 1.0467550593161201.............a little under 5% markup

That is a very respectable markup. I prefer 8% markup for my goods. That person with 8K price would get a little over 11% markup.

Of course, this is assuming 7165 is what they pay for the ingredients. I don't know if harvested seridium is cheaper or more expensive or if harvesting it would be worth it.

I have been selling harv meds for 8k each....I dont know if Im the only one or if there are more of us selling at that price.

I based the price on finding the highest bot price I could, and then underselling by 250gc...I dont think this is unreasonable, especially when you consider the time it takes me to make the meds....I harvest all the ings myself (coal, sulfer, swamp candles, all 3 quartz's and iron ore), make the matter congloms, mine the seridium ore, make the bars, then finally make the medallions. (I dont just go to the NPC and buy buy buy)

I made a small batch of 20 and they all sold fairly quickly at this price. If anyone wants to undercut the 8k price, feel free, but for all the effort I put in to make them I think its a fair price. At least you will know you are getting a lovingly and fully handcrafted medallion rather than one off a production line.

Again, it was just a suggestion for players who use them to purchase seri bars from the NPC. If you bought all the ings for a harv med and had them mixed, the actual cost would be:

Matter Cong: (80*((2.5*2)+2.5+0.5))+(25*(3.5+(2*3))) = 877.50

6 Matter Cong/Seri Ore = 877.50*6 = 5265

Seri bar = 5265 + (10*2.5) + (20*4) = 5370

Harv Med = 5370 + (2*50) + (10*4) + (20*1.5) = 5540

And that's assuming 2.5 for coal & sulphur and 4 for FE.

Again, it was just a suggestion for players who use them to purchase seri bars from the NPC. If you bought all the ings for a harv med and had them mixed, the actual cost would be:

Matter Cong: (80*((2.5*2)+2.5+0.5))+(25*(3.5+(2*3))) = 877.50

6 Matter Cong/Seri Ore = 877.50*6 = 5265

Seri bar = 5265 + (10*2.5) + (20*4) = 5370

Harv Med = 5370 + (2*50) + (10*4) + (20*1.5) = 5540

And that's assuming 2.5 for coal & sulphur and 4 for FE.

Well, if you go one step further and harvest all that stuff for yourself, then the 'cost' is actually Zero :D

Well, if you go one step further and harvest all that stuff for yourself, then the 'cost' is actually Zero :D

Yep. But whatever players are willing to pay is the market price, not necessarily ings cost or NPC seri bar price or whatever else. My point is simply that, as a consumer, if the market price is prohibitive, there are ways to reduce it in exchange for time, effort or both.