Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK arenas change

... If you are not happy with that, then I guess I can spend my time on better things than implementing this arena thing.

This gets my vote, I personally don't think that changing arenas again will end up making a difference. Time better spent on other things.

Interesting idea, sounds like it's worth a shot.

Would the arenas remain single combat? Would they return to drop or remain no-drop? Would summons continue to not attack in these arenas?

Not sure about single combat, maybe some single some not. They would remain no drops, and the summon will attack, although they would be capped too.

It's a great idea!

it will introduce anyone to the pk imo.

a question: would summons be capped to the same levels that players?

Raytray Posted Today, 11:08 AM

Would this be on all the capped arenas?

^another good question, for example the iscalrith's arena

Edited by dipi

Please can we do this with the GP arena?

It's my favourite capped arena, but most people don't even know about it.

edit:

Oops...seems I missed an update. >.<

Edited by EaglePrince

Please can we do this with the GP arena?

It's my favourite capped arena, but most people don't even know about it.

Isn't GP ranging arena now? *insert facepalm emotion here*

It's indeed an interesting thing to implement, but it still is true what some people said:

If there is no equipment restriction then its not worth to spend time on implementing, since there wont be such a big difference compaired to as it is now.

People (mostly alts probably) that are rich and low on a/d will go into arena in massive armor and wearing the best weapons, so newbies see that and know they wont stand a chance..

Now u want to cap the arenas, but without item restrictions, there wont be any difference, people with the best armor and weapons will still rule these arenas..

Especially if u say that u want to do this to attract more newbies to "beginners pk", how do u think to attract more newbies into pk when u give oldies the change to go into capped arenas with their high end armor?

It's just the same game only with a different set-up..

Edited by MasterZen

there is only so good gear you can use, while the char development was practically endless(pp buying).

best gear costs what? 2-3M or so should get you there.

char development with pps till the end? 100M? more? more!

I really like that idea :pinch:

very nice idea,

but i think a cap at 60 would be more intresting, because of the magic lvl's. People at 60a/d usually have decent magic lvl's already, but at a 40 cap the newer players will have little chance as they won't be able to restore (in time) or even cast magic immunity, which is rather essential.

I think its a great idea by Radu.

Just accept or reject the proposal as laid out by Radu, stop trying to "add" conditions to it. If you try to want to much you will only lose the chance of anything in the end.

Just wanna point out that those arena's are 9999 to the power of 9 miles away from anywhere. If your gunna spend time on them, atleast put them somewhere close to a place with lots of traffic, preferable where new people can see it, then maybe you can fool them into feeling the server is a bit more crowded. Also then people don't have to walk miles just to check if there is anyone there, or can stop by for 5mins to watch the fights before moving on with what they were doing.

Just wanna point out that those arena's are 9999 to the power of 9 miles away from anywhere. If your gunna spend time on them, atleast put them somewhere close to a place with lots of traffic, preferable where new people can see it, then maybe you can fool them into feeling the server is a bit more crowded. Also then people don't have to walk miles just to check if there is anyone there, or can stop by for 5mins to watch the fights before moving on with what they were doing.

Are you even playing the game?

How about leaving some of the "more used" arenas (namely DPA) alone, and instead implementing this on the super-unused arenas (The 45/45 arena, for example).

very nice idea,

but i think a cap at 60 would be more intresting, because of the magic lvl's. People at 60a/d usually have decent magic lvl's already, but at a 40 cap the newer players will have little chance as they won't be able to restore (in time) or even cast magic immunity, which is rather essential.

Maybe it's not the initial idea, but this will get the newbies to know what is essential in PK, one of those things being no fail restore. So that's a plus, not a minus.

How about leaving some of the "more used" arenas (namely DPA) alone, and instead implementing this on the super-unused arenas (The 45/45 arena, for example).

You mean that DPA is used?

Just wanna point out that those arena's are 9999 to the power of 9 miles away from anywhere.

Use a ring or tele spell.

this idea sounds amazing, implement idea as is and any other changes can be made after seeing how it goes, i reckon these arenas will be pretty busy now, most people below 120s would rather pk here than at kf where they gt kill too easily.

Thanks Radu!!

Had some good fun testing the arena's, should be very interesting once it reaches main server, looking forward to it. :medieval:

Are you even playing the game?

Nope, did/do own a DPA alt though. It's just supposed to be a helpfull suggestion, do with it what you like.

Nope, did/do own a DPA alt though. It's just supposed to be a helpfull suggestion, do with it what you like.

Well, you are the only person that ever complained about 'how far' they are.

has a valid point though, in crowded places more people see others fighting and maybe think "hey, that looks cool, i wanna try it out"

well.. some of the people who never seen pk would anyway

would suggest moving DPA arena's to the bot plaza close to DP sto, and move those tents/bots to where the arena currently is

its not about how far of a walk it is, its about having it be seen, introduce/attract newcomers to pk