Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK arenas change

I as thinking, since people are not using the DP arenas anymore, would you like to change the way they work?

My idea is that instead of limiting who can fight in there, they should CAP the a/d and the attributes.

For example, the 40 a/d arena would cap everyone inside to 40 a/d, and their attributes to 20. The 60 arena would cap a/d to 60, and attributes to 30, and so on.

This has the advantage that it allows almost everyone to PK, and gives newbies a taste of the real PK so they will train more so they can fight in KF and stuff.

nice idea , will you put armor/weapon restrictions in there to ? just wondering ( i know you didnt stipulate this )

nice idea , will you put armor/weapon restrictions in there to ? just wondering ( i know you didnt stipulate this )

Then in the end we would have fighters with the same stats and the same gear(the best possible) with mostly only magic and emu left to make a difference.

Then in the end we would have fighters with the same stats and the same gear(the best possible) with mostly only magic and emu left to make a difference.

This might also 'force' many players to get positive perks, since the perks won't be capped but the attributes would. Of course, only those that will fight in the arenas.

This would make it a lot easier to find a training partner since everyone would have the same combat level. We would get normal xp for the capped levels, right?

Should make them non xp arena's tbh, the arena's should be about PK and not easy training. The game has got enough of that with guild maps

Why not just remove pvp exp altogether and make guild maps have some bigger purpose of showing off to others and building something special etc. The epic comment of everyone had this in past and it's omfg unfair since ppl could afk pvp in past etc etc omgomg is countered with new easier spawns etc etc which is then replied with in past we had ts fail effect bla bla. Fuck that. Pvp exp wasn't given to PK server for obvious reasons why bother still having it. Oh it has always been, kk np so be it. Good exp np.

I like the idea of arenas that bring down attributes and a/d. Ofc the person with most gc spent will win very likely, but that won't bother me. It still takes skill to use the stuff and everyone who has started PK at some point know how it's like in the beginning. This would definitely bring wider range of ppl to test player versus player stoofs and also get more used to it and then be more able to compete in higher levels.

Also makes me wonder if it's possible to make it not cap at fixed a/d lvl and attributes, but combat level. Then there would be more variety, sometimes you might have more att than def, or it's altered from attributes. Just a thought, in my eyes it's too much work to do.

But the suggestion as it is... I fully support this.

And another but... if we really really want a lower level player (like the person that dpa 40 is suitable for) to get fights easily the item restriction wouldn't hurt, would it? Having low a/d arena with human 4 limit, one with human 5, one for human 6 and one with all stuff goes would make it... awesome. Just saying this from consumer point of view. A consumer that has witnessed DPA when it was first introduced and afterwards with few different alts. If we want new players to join there instead of just oldbies making über alts there should be human nexus restriction. (ofc new mage robes make this bit kinky for they have 0 human and very nice bonuses, but overall the human limit looks good.) This isn't not being happy with the idea, just one of the concerns, something that's been witnessed in DPA.

Great idea. As for the PK server, how about making it non-pk around the arena, if that's not too much work. (so that mages wouldn't harm everyone to death and shit)

100% support, Vote yes, Agree, omfgbbq samwich.

Yes this is the perfect idea to make those arenas real and fair, allowing everyone

to compete. Since early level pk arenas should be about learning the mechanics and

not getting slaughter'd by the pumped pk only account. (Caps helped this alot originally)

Sounds like a cool idea, though I would suggest leaving the DP 40 a/d arena as-is, and only changing the 60s arena.

There will undoubtedly be pseudo-pr0's dominating whatever arenas are chosen for this. That is to say, any char with e.g. 60 a/d, whatever capped attributes, then all the positive perks. Especially once coupled with the top gear, this still offers no chance to up-and-coming PKers. If the 40s arena is left alone, there is at least a shot of lower-leveled players having a reasonably fair fight, and for them to leave the legitimate 40 a/d players alone to fight themselves.

Edited by asgnny

Attributes capped as total pick points used or capped per each attribute?

Capped per each attribute would favour people who are making a "DPA character" more than a regular player in that range. IE: DPA character would plan to have 20/20/20/20/20/20, main characters would be more inclined to... not do that, thus be fighting with about 20/20/4/4/4/8 then break the cap.

If it's attributes capped as total pickpoints used, it lets main characters have more freedom with there build for training, mixing and etc. Perhaps total attribute cap? of 52-60(?) for a/d 40/40 arena?

EDIT: Or... since people are concerned about too many perks as well... OA cap?

Edited by Zenial

Yes, the idea sounds cool, but somehow i have the same concern asgnny has:

Sounds like a cool idea, though I would suggest leaving the DP 40 a/d arena as-is, and only changing the 60s arena.

There will undoubtedly be pseudo-pr0's dominating whatever arenas are chosen for this. That is to say, any char with e.g. 60 a/d, whatever capped attributes, then all the positive perks. Especially once coupled with the top gear, this still offers no chance to up-and-coming PKers. If the 40s arena is left alone, there is at least a shot of lower-leveled players having a reasonably fair fight, and for them to leave the legitimate 40 a/d players alone to fight themselves.

Without item restrictions, every player with a lot of money can go there with thermal serp and shiny armor and kill the poor newbies with their leather stuff, because they don't have the money to buy dragon armor and thermal serp and dont have the pickpoints to get a lot of perks.

I would suggest

a ) Asgnny's suggestion or

b ) item restrictions, maybe even perk restrictions, depending on the a/d cap of arenas.

THEN it might be a fair fight for newbies fighting against prO's who can't use all their shiny armor and use lots of potions and essences.

Again, the idea itself is nice, but allowing high level players to go there with capped levels/attributes but with all their powerfull stuff is not really helping the idea IMO.

Piper

(1)I would like the original proposal, and i would train alt(s) to fight on the arenas.

(2)It happened before of people "hijacking" a thread (nmt one for instance), and it resulted in Entropy getting pissed, and don't changing anything. I like the original idea as it was, if it needs further adjustments (like item restrictions etc) i hope they come after this ideas get implemented and people see how it goes. Tyvm.

Nothing is perfect. But capping attributes will lower might and rationality (Lowers the

mage alt harm from instant death to maybe something a new player can deal with)

So they have a chance to learn, lower level fights should take much more time.

I think its a two sided issue. Finances and one task built characters (pure pk arena pro).

Limiting by nexus, sounds possibly difficult with EL's design, I don't know server internals,

but how would you stop\unequip a player wielding items beyond the allowed range?

I do know, a pure pk account *negged out* for dp, can be unstoppable in almost any gear.

This type of account can be stopped by its equal, in the best gear (And therefore, its an unkillable

character, but its a combination of both and not just the gear alone)

(Edit: Yes it will also lower the restore amount, however at the DP level, failing restore kills first.

Cap on magic levels too, ok the complexity levels are increasing :pinch:)

But asking for too much will just derail this thread and any possible change.

Edited by robotbob

Limiting by nexus, sounds possibly difficult with EL's design, I don't know server internals,

but how would you stop\unequip a player wielding items beyond the allowed range?

1. when playerA tries to attack any other player, a check is done one the 8 equipment slots for human X+ gear, if yes, they can't attack.

2. when in PK arena, when a person tries to equip an item a quick check for human nexi requirement of item is done, if it's X+, it wont equip.

I can't imagine it'd be that difficult...

As I was saying, there won't be gear restrictions. If you are not happy with that, then I guess I can spend my time on better things than implementing this arena thing.

Interesting idea, sounds like it's worth a shot.

Would the arenas remain single combat? Would they return to drop or remain no-drop? Would summons continue to not attack in these arenas?

Edited by Ozmondius