Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

Final Vote: Main->PK Char Copy Proposal

Well it appears the discussion is winding down in the original Another idea to add people thread so I guess it's time for the final vote that Entropy requested.

Here's the final version of the proposal:

* For a $15 fee Entropy will copy one character per person one time from the main server to the PK server.

* The copy will be the character only, no inventory or storage (full wipe).

* The char will be reset (Overall=0).

* The char must have an att/def <=90 to facilitate reset recovery and some leveling to reach the server a/d cap. No roll-backs or status reductions are included.

* There will be a three month moratorium on player-requested server changes so new players get used to the server before making suggestions.

* (optional, Entropy will decide) The offer will last for one month and if it goes well can be re-opened at a later date.

Notes:

1 - Entropy has final say on all the terms of the proposal. That means he may change something for the final implementation.

2 - That last two terms (three month moratorium, and limited time offer) are suggestions which Entropy will make the final decision on.

3 - There is no implied start date in the above, again Entropy will decide.

4 - It was never specified if the vote is a simple majority or a 2/3's majority. I'll provide the results and Entropy will decide if that's "good enough".

(Yea, there's a definite theme there.)

The Vote:

This is a posted vote, not a poll, because it needs to be limited to currently active PK server players. If you left, sold your chars, stopped playing, moved on to another game (like RoM), etc then you are no longer a current player. We're not going to play games about how you need to be logged in at least 1:32:57 per day to be "active". If you play most days you're active. If you don't, you're not.

The vote is simple: post your in-game main char name and your vote (yes, no, abstain).

Go for it.

Edited by bkc56

Bromber- yes

*i aquired this character about a month ago. If this plan is approved i will be transferring my main server char as well.

I would just like to say when this server was first talked about, SL7 asked me to come back to EL to be apart of a great new sever with loads of old school PKing. At the time is was what everyone on the main wanted.

Like the discussions is see you are all having now over there. But most of them missed their high end armor and weapons and all the work they had to do to biuld new chars.

This could be a great opportunity for many of you to play both servers and this server already has many of the things you are talking about. but this time you will be able to copy a char over so no need to spend a year or 2 building one

I have read all the comments the pro's and con's of this idea an do understand the concerns of some of you. Yes it will change the server maybe for good or maybe for a while we would have to see and yes ProHibited we have all worked hard leveling our chars for someone to pay $$ to bring an already leveled char over (one thing i will say that char would have had time spent on it to get it to that level on main).

My Vote is YES for the proposal

One stipulation i would have liked to of added and maybe Radu will take into account

This would be no good if only a 1 or 2 players got a char copied over from the main server so maybe a minuim to start it off. Similar to when the pk server was originally started we needed at least 100 players interested before Ent would start it

At least 20 char's needed to be in the first batch to come over here to start this idea then individually after that

Handyman

Requiem = Yes

*I won't personally be using this as I don't really have any main server characters.

Edited by Requiem

May I ask what happens to the main server char? I assume it's unaffected, though I've never seen this stated clearly. It's a copy and not a transfer right?

Then I would vote yes, though I am currently not an active player. I would use the service but I wouldn't get online for a few months.

So, if my vote counts: Wroll = Yes

If not, ignore :pinch:

May I ask what happens to the main server char? I assume it's unaffected, though I've never seen this stated clearly. It's a copy and not a transfer right?

Then I would vote yes, though I am currently not an active player. I would use the service but I wouldn't get online for a few months.

So, if my vote counts: Wroll = Yes

If not, ignore :rolleyes:

yes it is a copy so your mains char stays the same just like if you were to copy to the test server

Handy

I play like 50% of my EL on the PK server so if my vote counts:

Shadow: Yes

gambit was online, kit was online a month ago (that's not so long, I've been longer and was never "quit" during that time). besides, they're veterans of the server, and you only bought this char. so please, keep it to yourself.

gambit was online, kit was online a month ago (that's not so long, I've been longer and was never "quit" during that time). besides, they're veterans of the server, and you only bought this char. so please, keep it to yourself.

Kit did quit, i talkd with her on skype, along with spike, Grim, Gambit (she said), so if u dont know, you can stfu :pickaxe:

Chris you have posted your vote so you have no need to come onto this thread any more

Its not a place for flames and arguments so stop commenting on everything posted

Please guys keep this clean or no one will take us seriously

Votes only pls

Handy

Segor -- Abstain

I'm skeptical, on the PK Server and regarding this post. The more it is voted/discussed the less interesting it shows to me.