• * No harvest mini-events
    • Include harvest mini events
    • * One-second cooldown on everything
    • Regular cooldown on everything
    • * multi-play with alts legal
    • No trading with alts
    • * No high-end armor/weapon NPCs
    • Include high-end NPCs
  2. 2. Tripplets (choose one of the three choices)

• * Non-breakable NMT
    • Degradable NMT (Ent's proposal)
    • No NMT cape (or perk?)
    • *All armor/weapons mixable
    • No dragon armor/weapons or above
    • No Ti/Steel/Bronze weapons or above
    • * a/d cap at 100
    • All skills cap at 100
    • Some other cap configuration
    • * All maps PK with some safe zones
    • C2 PK and C1 safe
    • Same PK maps as main
  3. 3. Other configuration options

• * Include BroD
    • No Brod
    • * Include nexus removal stones
    • No nexus removal
    • * Nexus buying with hydro bars
    • No nexus buying
    • * p2p $5 per character
    • Free character creation
    • (*) $15 limited char copy from main (proposed)
    • No char transfers

Disclaimer: This is an information and discussion post only. Entropy has not approved it, there's no implication any of it might ever happen, nor any assurance it's even possible.

Background: There are currently a couple somewhat heated threads discussing the various pros and cons of some sort of re-start or wipe of the main server so that things could be configured differently. The problem is that such a radical change will probably never work due to the negative impact on so many long-term players.

At the same time the PK server is considering a proposal to allow limited character copies from Main->PK to make it easier for players to start there (not having to start over from zero).

What's interesting is that many of the things being asked for in such a main wipe and reconfigure either already exist on the PK server, or could be changed with little or no negative effects on the current player base.

The Concept: what if we had a free hand to reconfigure the PK server from it's original intent to something different? Rather than being a "PK server", what if it was turned into an "Alternate Server", but configured in a way that players (think they) want. Yea, we did that with the PK server and we all know what a huge success that was. :wub: But we've also learned a lot in the last almost two years. Perhaps it is time for Alternate Server v2.0.

If all the current PK server players kept their characters, a re-configure to Server 2.0 wouldn't effect them much. Not like a wipe of the main server would those people.

The whining: take it elsewhere. There's no way this will work for everyone, most notably the long-term players with levels >100. But that's exactly why we can't do it to main. But that restriction does not have to prevent the creation of Server 2.0.

The Poll: since there's a limit on the number of questions that can be asked in a poll, I was forced to make it as sets of multiple-choice questions. So please use some common sense, don't vote for both the yes and no version of any given pair. I've marked current PK configuration options with a star "*".

Discussion: please do.

The Phail: this discussion may crash-and-burn into a smoldering pile of flames and off-topics. Not my problem. I just come up with the ideas and let others shoot them down. ;)

Edited by bkc56

people should post what they voted and why, wtf is the point of having pp buying. everyone knows it's a failure of a decision.

As PK-server player I voted, already gave all options a thought before this topic was created.

I like the current PK-server setup, altho I would like the high-end NPC(s) back ingame and the BROD gone.

I would like a 'transfer' option instead of a 'copy' option. For players who wish to try the V2.0 server but don't want to commit with their main char or don't meet those requirements, for an additional fee, perhaps give them some a/d and magic levels.

Voted the following:

No mini-events

Regular CD on everything

Multi play legal

No high end armor/weapon NPC

Radu's NMT idea

Nono dragon armors/weapons

All maps PK with safe zones

No brod

No Nexus Removals

Nexus buying with H.Bars

p2p 5$ per char

Free char creation

15$ thingy

Would would be a good idea imo, would be hard to control but would be pro:

First char free, every other account (alts) 10$

And also would be ok to have nexus removals - if the PP buying NPC wasnt there.

Nvm on that part :o

Edited by SenZon

I think it'd be great if they would make it a bit more oldschool style: no 100-hour iron mining sessions to get the best gear in the game and then always carrying rosto stone with you so you wouldn't risk losing that 100 hours for nothing. Also not totally oldschool that eveyrone had 30-100 serps / tit chains in storage and it didn't make any difference if you lost it in pk. But something in between, that PK could be profitable for the winners and not too horrible to die.

A level cap would also be nice, whose magnitude should depend on if char transfer is possible or not.

Dilly has died of a poll overdose. She cannot vote.

Yea, this one is not for the pollophobic. A real click endurance test. But few people ever complain about me not being complete or thorough.

Voted, but not really need a big change, maybe to give peoples more equal chances in pk fights (by disabling hi armors/weapons/brod and no pp buying option or removals). Also not like mini events and still prefer the low cooldown and legal alts (I think mini events are highly depends on alt usage).

When char copy being available, but I can't use it because I have a/d 100+ char on main, I would feel bad.

Edited by csiga

:P I meant the poll. I agree, PK server has some flaws, but the main problem is the attitude of the players.

It's 5 million times easier to adjust server function so that the effect of bad attitudes don't have, or have a much lessened negative impact on the game than it is to change the attitudes themselves.

And how many times do you suggest to adjust it? Remove PP buying, then bring it back because someone is unhappy of the theory of buying it while in practice it never happened on the server; make cooldown 1 sec, then make it higher because someone is too lousy to kill his opponent; and so on and so on.

It's easier for the people to adjust, then to adjust the server to everyone's need.

was supposed to leave a short post but ended up with a little rant. Apologies in advance :P

Imagine having spent years of your life building a game, putting endless amounts of time and effort in it and all you find on your forums are Polls made by people who think they know just what you need to change for your game to work again? And no, it's not one simple thing, it's basically about building a whole different game.

I'm not saying I'm any better, I too have my ideas, but for god's sake let's not take away Radu's will to put any effort in this game by bashing like 50% of his game down because it could all be better.

So how about just accepting the good AND the bad things EL has to offer us, and give the man some credit for already keeping us entertained for years so far?

If you want a fastleveler/easy pwnage game, go try WoW, or Talisman Online or anything similar, you just know that you'll always end up coming back to EL even if it's only every so often.

EL may not be the same as it used to be, but that's more due to changes in the community than anything else. Stop being so goddamn greedy for gc, and instead try to realise that the other person is probably working just as hard as you are. Say 'hi' when you get to a storage and greet back when someone else comes in and says hi to everyone sitting there. Stop laughing at newbies who try to sell 13 branches, 33 lilacs and 2 meat for 100 gc. Stop taking advantage of newbies who try to sell their first batch of 500 FE for 2gc each. Take some pride in levelling your character and if you're too lazy to level yourself then at least show some respect to the people who do gain their own levels instead of being a cocky smartass punk. At the same time, if someone wants to waste their trustfund on pixels, that's their choice, think of it what you want but don't rub that in every chance you get.

What I'm saying is: 'The community' in EL used to be a friendly one, and people would stick around for their friends. It's not anymore, and it's not getting better atm either. All we do is whine, screw other people over, and blame our ficus for everything, and all of that is keeping us from having a good time playing. See, we all expect for Radu to cater to our every need, when there is still so much that we can influence ourselves, that I think all this complaining is complete, utter bullshit.

It's easy to blame everything on anything but yourself, but honestly: when was the last time you helped a random player you don't really know out with anything?

*runs off and goes to hug a tree*

So how about just accepting the good AND the bad things EL has to offer us

Note: This post is not aimed at the topic in this thread in particular, but at just at things in general

I Disagree

If players "just " accept the bad without trying to improve it, then they are letting the game and their fellow players down.

Granted there are ways to do this without being total dicks and disrespecting the hard work Radu and the Devs have put into the game, but sometimes changes need to be suggested and debated in a hopefully mature way.

Only Radu himself knows what in the end is best for his game and what direction it should or shouldnt take, all we as players can do is hopefully make logical suggestions (note: once again not aimed at this thread in particular) and try to help him in an *unbiased way. Yes 99% of players ideas are bad but there's always that 1% gem.

Now getting unbiased views and debates is the hard part. Ive played and spammed the forums of a few MMO's and IMO one underlying theme follows them all, and thats some players become attached to the game and start viewing it as "their" game, and will fight tooth and nail any changes that would make the game better for all, and/or help attract new players.

They just dont want "their" game changed from what they have become used to, and god forbid any player or dev should suggest changing "their" game

Edited by conavar

I even agree with you Con. You know me long enough to know I tend to take the treehuggy hippy stance and then forget to mention a thing or two. I would be a liar and a hypocrit to state here that I think some things can't be improved. I still stick to what I said though: instead of wanting Radu to cater for your (you being a general term, not anyone in particular) every needs, you yourself have an effect on whether or not you enjoy EL as it is. And if you decide to try and actually enjoy it, the things that used to annoy you will still be there but not as prominently a pain in your pixelbutt as they used to before.

I still stick to what I said though: instead of wanting Radu to cater for your (you being a general term, not anyone in particular) every needs,

Sadly you will always get that for the same reasons its hard to get unbiased views, most (not all) players will only suggest/accept changes that benifit them. They only see themselves and what they want and not the bigger picture, which IMO is to make the game better for ALL current and future players and to try to attract more players.

"Idea is good for the future of the game but I spent XXX amount of $/GC so I will disagree with it" or " screw you im ok" syndrome.

EL is a good game in general, I didnt stop playing because overnight it suddenly became bad, but because it became the same game everytime I logged on ( if that makes sense lol )

Edited by conavar

EL is a good game in general, I didnt stop playing because overnight it suddenly became bad, but because it became the same game everytime I logged on ( if that makes sense lol )

Well.. do you want all your tailoring stuff back? That's a change :P

j/k :D

Does this translate to "I'm stuck in a rut of doing the same thing over and over"?

If you are stuck in a rut, take turns in a guild and have a different member each time say they want to do and then have the guild go help that person with whatever. That could be a good way to get out of a rut.

On a different note, perhaps most of the reason why people object to changes is because they don't want it changed all at once. Gradual changes are easier to adjust to and would get less objections.

Now, the funny thing about the results of this poll.....it seems the only real difference is that most people want to end mini-events. Else than that, 2 out of 3 people seem to want things the same way they are now.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Yeah, I think your poll will show that the game is pretty balanced as it is now. But its neat to see all the controversial features in one place.

@Good post by Dilly explaining what makes the EL community good. (It's not game features, but the people that play)

Does this translate to "I'm stuck in a rut of doing the same thing over and over"?

In away I suppose you could translate it to that, but in the sense w/e I have doing was the same as I had been for the past X years

Ie:

Train Yeti > Att > Flee > Att > Flee , the same system and combo used on countless mcw, fcw, dcw, fero, fluffs, etc etc

Or for a change go mix, but then w/e you mix the system is the same for all skills

Tailor/manu/pot/alch > collect/buy ings > click mix .

Even with guild projects it all follows the same path, so in the end its no differant.

So yeah EL is generally a good game, but I got stuck in a rut/got bored with the lack of diversity (for me) so to speak

Edited by conavar

@Good post by Dilly explaining what makes the EL community good. (It's not game features, but the people that play)

Is that a nice way of saying good people play EL even though it's a lousy game?