Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wynand

Wipe and Cap

Wipe and Cap  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested on a Wipe&Cap of EL? (read before voting if you please)

• Yes, I think it's high-time.
    • No, this won't work.
    • Maybe, but I'd like some more clarity.

Voted no, but sharing some ideas:

- I would get a rid all of the trade bots on a possibly new server (they make the economy instable or at least they pushing the economy to bad way - or at least don't let the owners change the prices, they must set by server)

- Setting the NPC prices to make the high levels a bit profitable (for example there is no reason to make high manu levels on the current server because the lack of items usage and easy loss of ingreds)

- No PP buying or char buying at all

- Would be good to have at least a few monsters (maybe on instances or an invasion) with adaptive a/d (which means they will use the player a/d levels to set their a/d while fighting).

It allows new people to join to invasions and fight together on a fun way.

- Better drops (usable items) but no gc.

Yes Tigerclaw, lots of new people are bad, the world will come an end if there are not enough rabbit spawns to around.

@Csiga, yes some of those are good reasons for a new server.

(woulda suggested scrapping the PK server but then 9-10 raging fanatics would probably come burn down my house for the thought)

No need to scrap it, just make the modifications to it thus letting the current player-base keep their two years or so of work. Many of the things listed above

No mini harv events

PP buying NPC removed

Dragons armours removed

Orange spam weapons/armour removed

Brod removed

Non breakable NMT removed

Skills capped at 80, OA at 100

No guild maps allowed

already exist there either by design or (for example) due to the high levels required for dragon armor no on can make them yet. There's only on NMT there. Only one or two special armors (I mixed one of them) but they'll break eventually. Few PPs have been purchased so removing the NPC wouldn't be that bad (no huge advantages already obtained). Etc.

C1 could be made mostly non-PK just like on Main, and C2 left fully PK (if the desire for PK maps was still a goal).

Those caps might be a bit low as several skills and OA have passed that in less than two years. But it could be fine-tuned.

I'm probably the most rabid defender of the PK server around (perhaps next to Handyman) and I could easily see adjusting the current server into something different. As long as the current player-base didn't get wipped, it wouldn't be that big of a stretch.

I can't help but notice how top PKers and high-level fighters want everything that's in the PK server except for the PK part.

You should all come and fight each other there. No dragon armors, no orange spam, cheap rostos, all of you would be at the same level, so team vs team ftw and shit. Coming and leaving one after another won't do it, you should come in at the same time.

P.s. details about the character copying I mentioned earlier. Go ahead and take a look. Flames allowed, because we don't care; we'll come and burn your houses down anyway because we're the savages of the PK server.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51325

EDIT: (after reading bkc's post) I don't think that the PP selling NPC should be removed. It's the nexus removals that need to be rid of until there's a better solution to this. I wouldn't like to sacrifice 10 pps that I'm planning to put on attributes just because I want to mix/summon/wtv with the same char. I know, "you can make another char for mixing purposes", but I don't like the idea of having to log on another char to fight someone. Also, it's good as it is capping a/d to 100, and leaving OA uncapped.

Edited by DHT

Hate to say it but, everyone who is intrested in PK server has tried it imo, most left. It seems to have a tight base, and that is great, but I really don't expect it to take off.

Yes Tigerclaw, lots of new people are bad, the world will come an end if there are not enough rabbit spawns to around.

lol it doesnt matter if its rabbits or yetis. if there's not enough spawn the exp ratio per hour would be bad. there will be mucho complaining and lots of people will leave..

*remembers the yeti crisis where most of the top Pkers sold their chars (and a few started new ones) or just dont log on anymore..

why? cause not enough spawns to go around. (its fixed now with the introduction of the orcs.. which gives good exp and such)

so would u like to share the IP rabbits with 60 other people?? this is why i think the thread is phail. :wub:

Hate to say it but, everyone who is intrested in PK server has tried it imo, most left.

From another thread on this topic:

The main reasons given by people for not playing on the PK server are:

1 - I don't want to start a character over from zero.

2 - There aren't enough people on the PK server, when everyone else plays then I'll play too.

These two reasons of course exclude the 50+ PK wanna-bees who played the first two weeks thinking they'd own the server only to find out that it takes actual work to do that (sort of a sub-set of #1 above).

Lol, I played the PK server. It's easy to get relatively high a/d there fairly easy also. the main point why I didn't play is because the playerbase is shithouse lol. the PK server is so awesome right because there is obviously sooo much pk. I joined PK server, it was the big "PK alliance" vs liquid & woodeh. they were interested in having fair fights and having them in a controlled environment.. LMFAO. liq & woodeh were the only ones who truly PKed while I was there, and they were crucified for it. besides from that, it's not worth playing untill you get 100 regular players.. especially when the PK server has c1 & c2. that's just wayy to big and makes it VERY easy to hide.

edit: and on top of that, scrubs decided to buy brods and make the "cheap" pk expensive. what geniuses, we'll attract people to the server by offering to brod their leathers. GG.

Edited by Luigi

Then come and start making a player base of purefuckinggold. Invite your friends and you won't care about being crucified or any other shit. I pity you who quit the server because you're too afraid to get PKed while training and too lazy to make a difference.

Stop flaming each other and stop cursing at each other or I will delete more posts and lock the thread.

lol get pked while training? it was very rare someone got killed from harvesting let alone training lol. i trained freely, never once got attacked and never ever saw someone in a map other then votd and harvesting alts.

...besides from that, it's not worth playing untill you get 100 regular players..
In other words you fall in my #2 catagory:

2 - There aren't enough people on the PK server, when everyone else plays then I'll play too.

Why do people think they're so special? Why must everyone else start playing first to build the player-base before they'll grace us with their magnanimous presence? What's so difficult to understand about the need for players to actually play to build the player base up to a fun level?

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

--Darth Vader

I can't help but notice how top PKers and high-level fighters want everything that's in the PK server except for the PK part.

You missed a major point out... " CHOICE when to PK ". Players like to choose when to train, when to harv or when to PK ( its why most MMO's PvE servers are more populated than PvP servers).

Not sure how the PK server works atm and you might have carebear rules about attacking trainings, afk harvers etc, but trust me they would all go out the window with a major influx of players.

So saying "come to the PK server" isnt an option for those who want a "CHOICE" when to PK

Edited by conavar

Yeah, this restart n cap crap is really gonna work for everyone... I'm sure Asggny is gonna' LOVE being back in Padded Leather with an Enhanced Wooden Shield and a Bone ...just as I would. NOT ! So theres a gap between you and myself, so what ? There are days when I cant step into KF without getting "Wacked" before I can even say Hi to the High level Players standing just outta' sight from the VOTD flag. Then there are days when I go in there, and its just me and another 45's A/D n44bie...and we get our PvP on, just like everyone else does. Ive put in my time to get where I am. You should do the same. Cap-n-Crap the game and who is going to Kill the M-B ? Who is gonna' kill the Dragon ? No one.

Get a Rosto and NMT Perk, and grind like the rest of us have to do...or get an X-Box and shut the Hell up.

Tokie :o

lol get pked while training? it was very rare someone got killed from harvesting let alone training lol. i trained freely, never once got attacked and never ever saw someone in a map other then votd and harvesting alts.

How many people do you think care about a player training on goblins or orcs? I'm getting close to the cap, and get attacked quite often while training, even when I change spawns. Make your own conclusions, whatever they may be. EDIT: Besides, now we have PK central so you can see all PK activity.

@conavar: not all places in PK server are actually PK. You can choose whether you want to risk your stuff and harv in a pk map or harvest a bit further from sto but safely. (yes, many harvestables are in safe locations, you just need to find them). You can choose to mix in a pk sto or in a safe sto. So everyone has a choice.

PK server was made for PKing, yet I don't see PKers from main here, especially those who think KF sucks and getting no drops and no risk at death sucks too. This, somehow, sounds pretty weird.

EDIT: typos, mostly.

Edited by DHT

I bet we would have to make at least 100 different servers so everyone could have it just the way they want. However, the problem problem is that there is a relatively small player base in EL, and it's not quite enough for even two servers. It's not too tempting to try training both on PK server and main simultaneously, either, so if you already have a char in main and don't like the idea of abandoning it and starting fresh on a new server, most people won't bother going there. At least I don't fancy starting out with rabbits again, as I've done it a few times too often already. So the wipe would of course help with that, but in every other way it's not a very great idea :o

The PK server sounds quite cool in every other way though, and I wouldn't even mind if the main server would be that way. A small fight for the spawn is always welcome.

I am sorry, if I want a limited game, I will run to store to buy some.

Voted NO.

Maybe the new server can be interesting, but I doubt it is worth it. Speaking for myself: one character, one server - happy with that, will not change it.

If I got the original idea of an issue right, ppl rush in server and rabbits get packed.

Wrong.

Only few will do IP fighting with epic grind. Majority will go do non fighting stuff. There are armour, pots, sigils, essence and lots of other stuff to start with. In addition to this ppl will jump to c2 spawns for raccoons and if we talk purely a/d training the ppl will be on wolves and beyond in an instant. There's so much to do that the spawns won't be issue.

And those thinking it's sticks and stones... on a new server it is amazing how fast first higher level stuff appear. If the EFE rates will be what they used to be on the good days there will be iron plates in no time. Month and you have hydro harvesting done. If there was a new fresh and moderated server with some tweaks I'd go there np (with keeping to main too)

Just checking, but you know I was being sarcastic, right? :)

Anyway I managed to log on last night and check things out a bit (lol EL is a bit more clunky and clumsy than I remember). A new server with some stuff adjusted might help the current situation and all... but it won't be like old times anyway, most old players won't come back. Won't have the same feel to it, and anyway the game has been analyzed and cracked. We all know what to do, and whats the fastest way to do anything and where everything is. Radu made a very original game, and it took quite awhile to figure everything out, but it's been conquered. The only obstacle the game has left is time/sadistic amounts of exp till final level.

Heh, I retract my proposal. Grind to your heart's content. <3

Very fascinating thread, but that is not going to happen, and we are starting to flame eachother, so I don't see any good reason for leaving it open.