Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nathanstenzel

PK with permission.....hopefullly no misunderstandings

Wow......glad I don't do pk. I wouldn't wanna mess with the politics.

The only way I would allow my guild to pk is to say "Hit me" and have the other person start the fight.

Not sure if people would ask their friend who died or won why they were fighting or not, so it is hard to tell if even that would be safe.

So, if a person gets permission to spar, their shouldn't be any issues with allies of that guild making red tags unless people fail to communicate, right?

(and yes, you may think OMFG, you are so Fing clueless, but please don't bother to say it and start flames in this thread)

I wouldnt want to start flames in this thread..Though I am unsure what are you trying to say?

Best trick to avoid politics in this game, dont make allies with anyone, not even your mothers/best friends guild.

More fun for everyone then ^^

lol, lol and lol. I'm thought you would know everything about PK nathan seeing as you're always SOO involved in everything that happens with pk. you should be telling us how to approach this :P

Normally in a situation where two players fight in a preset match, those witnessing it mention others coming there that it's an FF (friendly fight.) It's common term in PK though not too often used these days. Those that interfere in FF are the ones getting bullocking later, or are just the type of players that ignore normal community "rules" anyway.

No politic BS should be involved in FF or the result of it, unless a BRoD or some other non agreed stuff is used.

The only way I would allow my guild to pk is to say "Hit me" and have the other person start the fight.

Not sure if people would ask their friend who died or won why they were fighting or not, so it is hard to tell if even that would be safe.

So, if a person gets permission to spar, their shouldn't be any issues with allies of that guild making red tags unless people fail to communicate, right?

(and yes, you may think OMFG, you are so Fing clueless, but please don't bother to say it and start flames in this thread)

Ermmm what are you on about ?

not a flame just by the post its not very clear

Nathan you are usually much clearer than this in your posting. What are you saying here? Are you saying that you think PK in EL should be done like PK in some other games where you have to specify 'yes i will fight with this person, or no i don't want to fight now, before any attacking can be done?

Nathan you are usually much clearer than this in your posting. What are you saying here? Are you saying that you think PK in EL should be done like PK in some other games where you have to specify 'yes i will fight with this person, or no i don't want to fight now, before any attacking can be done?

Not suggesting a change of any sort to the game mechanics. I don't really have the right to do such a thing on this topic.

I was just wondering if by asking the person that you wish to fight before you fight them, you can avoid getting red tagged for fighting the friend of some guild.

Dugur gave me a good answer.

Conavar, my second paragraph of this post answers your question.

Me I cant see a problem with it if you are basically asking for a FF, its only really a fun test of chars fight......... but then again some guilds red/brod tag for no reason

Ahhh PK etiquette. Gotcha. GL :P I think a lot of guilds have different ideas of whats OK.

Yeah. Hopefully, by properly asking and announcing, people won't get the wrong idea though. Hopefully.

I wonder if that could even help keep personal fights (because they personally hate eachother, but don't want anyone to take their side in the issue) personal.

lol, lol and lol. I'm thought you would know everything about PK nathan seeing as you're always SOO involved in everything that happens with pk. you should be telling us how to approach this :(

:P ja, fully.

Nathan, if you or some of your guildies want to go in PK, why are you so worried about 'red tagging'?

They're Player Killing maps, you go there to Kill Players, not have discussions about it.

lol, lol and lol. I'm thought you would know everything about PK nathan seeing as you're always SOO involved in everything that happens with pk. you should be telling us how to approach this :(

:P ja, fully.

Nathan, if you or some of your guildies want to go in PK, why are you so worried about 'red tagging'?

They're Player Killing maps, you go there to Kill Players, not have discussions about it.

Or for friendly/fair fights.

if you're gonna do friendly/fair fights, make sure the timing's right for them, or go to a place where people don't enter every 5 mins to wipe out what they can. KF as I remember it is not the place for them anymore, usually speaking. Singlecombat places are better for that anyways.

You can't control the reasons why people red tag a guild. It may have nothing to do with PK why you get red tagged and there certainly isn't a "code of conduct for red tagging" that would allow you post in disputes if violated.

However, if you want to organize Friendly Fights, I suggest you hold a tournament and solicit some guards (though in my experience, tournaments are rarely disturbed, people stumbling on the tournament while looking for a PK rather join in the fun or place side bets).

The full proof option would be a guild map and hold your tournaments/friendly fights there.

While two people have the right to friendly fight each other nobody else has the obligation to honor that and may attack both friendly fighting persons at any time in a PK area.

If a couple of guild members want to have a friendly fight free from being possibly attacked by someone else then it's best to find a private guild map (not 100% safe but pretty close) for the contest.

However, if you want to organize Friendly Fights, I suggest you hold a tournament and solicit some guards (though in my experience, tournaments are rarely disturbed, people stumbling on the tournament while looking for a PK rather join in the fun or place side bets).
Maybe you can try to get the tournament moderated, so no risk of external disturb...

My personal take on this issue is this: you can always ask for the ff, honorable players will respect it. Btw, people can pm me for ff when they want it, i will come if i am not training and the proposal is not ridiculous (like "i am stronger than you, but you can't dis, ofc i won't accept it if it was me").