Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Remove Brod, make NMT Breakable?

Remove Brod, make NMT Breakable?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your views on making NMT Breakable, and removing Brod?

• Yes - Remove Brod, make NMT Breakable
    • No - Keep things as they are.
    • No - Make NMT Breakable, and keep Brod in-game.
    • No - Just remove Brod from EL.
    • Other - State below.

Interesting to me that if you add the 2 options that say remove the BROD (seperate from looking at the NMT issue) that really is the majority view. It really is unpopular and that in itself should be taken into consideration.

I am not going to remove the brod, however, I might make the red cape perk available for taking as a perk, for maybe 7 PPs or so.

Don't Entropy's comments sort of close this thread?

He can always change his mind. Especially when a great % of EL thinks it should be re-considered.

So much logic to it, ignorance is the only way someone can miss out why this weapon should be removed.

Come on brod isn't a big deal if you don't want to be brod then use a red cape or just stay out of pk arenas. Brod is expensive? then work harder and buy one.

Edited by Tyrannis

#4 ppl complain about astro but dont seem to mind having to wear 1 cape in pk or lose ur shit,brods suk takem out

Man.....Keep the BRoD and let the nmt capes just break...I voted #3

Voted for 2.

Why are you seeing this from pvp side not from pve side. I dont want my nmt to be breakable.

James, it annoys me at times that some of these guys posting do not seem to be capable of thinking about things from a non-pk point of view, but it seems to be pointless to try to get them to see things from any other angle. I have tried many times and failed miserably. Their pk-goggle vision can't be helped. They only see pk.

As for BroD being removed or not.....I don't know if BroD is much worse than fighting a monster above your level or not. I know there are many guilds with BroD lists though. Heh. A true sign of hatred, I guess. I agree with the Nova/Quesar person (just have to joke about this a little). A person has to wonder if this takes into account all of what Radu had planned.

If you BroD a NMT cape and turn it into the unstable (is it really degraded if it gives bonuses?) version, I imagine you could find yourself dead thanks to the bonuses you helped the person get by BroDing their cape.

Nathan, get your head out your rear end please, and stop crusading against 'pkers' when, if you had bothered reading the original post you'd have seen A LOT of support from people who do not PK, and who practice PVE combat a hell of a lot more than you do (and I don't need to see your pixels in action to know that for a fact).

Btw: not voting in this poll, I'd like to see Radu's reply to the original thread before even coming back here.

Actually, that was not an anti-pker rant. That was telling James that I wonder the same thing and that things can't be helped. It is a simple statement of the facts.

Btw, none of what I said was for or against removing BroD or anything. Once more, just the facts.

Please, be a bit more polite, will ya?

Edited by nathanstenzel

Their pk-goggle vision

You do realise that most all of we ebul PK'ers are ofc PvE'ers also?... some of who trained chars from scratch to very high a/d?... if anyone's got tunnel vision, and an inability to see bigger pictures in regards to combat, it's you.

It doesn't matter, remove NMT, remove BRod, remove magic weapons, remove nexus stones, they will still find something to cry about.

It's not about Pkers or PvPers or harvesters, it's about the people who cry about features of the game they don't like.

it's about the people who cry about features of the game they don't like.

They should be thanked for the valuable feedback they provide. :w00t:

Tyra, it's got nothing to do with the price of the weapon, going on this poll, a lot of people want it removed from EL.. It does nothing good for the game. Just decreasing PK. If someone pulls brod on me, I will usually leave PK, and go do something else.

Seems a lot of the community agree.

Still ghey, and im sure radu wont remove brod cause it helps the economy, and like Boognish said players will always find something to cry about.

Just my opinion

from the parallel thread

Oh well, forget about it, too many disagreements, people wanting brod removed and stuff.

So it seems further discussion is rather pointless... (emphasis in quote is mine, btw)

it's about the people who cry about features of the game they don't like.

They should be thanked for the valuable feedback they provide. :)

A person can only hope that their feedback has value to more than just them and not being useless or selfish.

(crosses his fingers and hopes for more useful feedback)

BTW, look at post 37. Radu scrapped his idea due to the feedback he received.

Edited by nathanstenzel

You are correct korrode, but unfortunately short-sighted.

There were quite a few that complained, and I am tired of asking if the players want a change then people asking for an unrelated change.

There is a difference between valuable feedback and constant off-topic crying. We all heard you the first time.

You are correct korrode, but unfortunately short-sighted.

I don't consider not anticipating the response to debate or related add-on changes being 'oh screw the whole idea then' as short-sighted.

There were quite a few that complained, and I am tired of asking if the players want a change then people asking for an unrelated change.

There is a difference between valuable feedback and constant off-topic crying. We all heard you the first time.

There's ALWAYS going to be debates/argument, and additional suggestions when a change to the game is brought up for discussion. What is and is not "Off Topic" is hugely open to interpretation and opinion. For example, some people may consider the BRoD's existence completely unrelated to NMT breakrate (or lack of), while others may consider the two topics to be intimately related... either way, people are always going to bring what they feel is related into the discussion... so you heard them the first time? expect to hear them another ten thousand times :)

Still ghey, and im sure radu wont remove brod cause it helps the economy, and like Boognish said players will always find something to cry about.

Just my opinion

The brod may help the economy for an individual occurrence where a player is hit by a brod, and an item destroyed. The same is arguably true from threat of a brod, due to more players wearing (and breaking) Capes of the Unbreakable. However: I can't imagine that the effect from a brod is more than a few percent of the total item breakage nor gc out of the economy. There is also an unknown effect on the economy for players who would otherwise be more active in PK, but do not because of the brod's existence. If break rates for weapons and armor were globally increased by e.g. 5-10%, as a trade-off for removing the brod, wouldn't that be more of a boon to the economy, all else equal? If this had a side effect of bringing more and more people into PK, using up more supplies and breaking more of their gear (especially at the new, higher break rates), all the better for the economy.

I understand the reasoning behind wanting the NMT cloaks to be breakable, and agree with the (very reasonable) proposal. My agreement with the suggestion of satiating players by simultaneously removing the brod effect is because both suggestions in conjunction would: a) help the economy, :) improve player relations, c) stimulate more PKing, and d) revive one of EL's big draws: it's friendly and helpful community.

If any of my posts were previously misinterpreted as "Ent: breakable NMT = pr0, Me: Um, whatever, remove teh brod!1!", that was not my intention in the least, and I would be happy to explain my arguments and reasoning behind them, in the event that I left something unclear.

Your point is a valid one, and a good one.

Removing the brod wouldn't be a bad thing, for the reasons asgnny said.. And it would increase PK, at least, a little. Removing items from the Game would still happen, and more items would be used. Me posting this wasn't a negative towards what Radu suggested, more of another idea, something I thought he might actually consider, if a lot of people wanted it. (And over half of the votes have been to remove brod in some way.)

I've never had a problem with the brod, or using it. But I see the downside of using it now, it's not good, or gives you anything useful.. All that happens when brod is pulled, something breaks, that player doesn't PK again.

I'd be happy to make NMT breakable, but remove the brod, because there would be no need for it.. I personally think removing the brod, and making NMT breakable, would break more capes, than having brod in-game.. As people would be more inclined to use them PK'ing, rather than just training, and if poofing/degrading.

Anyways, from Entropy's posts, it seems like he isn't interested in the idea of removing the brod, so this may as well be locked.

#Edit - You know what else is funny? Tyrannis saying that the brod adds some fun to PK, if reducing the PK is a fun thing, you shouldn't be PK'ing, people who PK want increased PK, not less.

Edited by Liquid

The BroD is a money sink, no doubt, so it's a game feature, which makes sense.

Unfortunately, the BroD annoys a lot of ppl, which is not good.

As Asgnny said, the effect of the BroD on the economy is not that big (at least, i would doubt that), so the moneysink BroD could be easily compensated by just increasing the break rates of items a little bit.

And with the BroD gone, a source of trouble is gone too, and i think, that counts more as the money sink effect of the BroD.

And back on topic: Having unbreakable stuff in game, or, at least, stuff, which hardly leaves the game, is not a good idea, especially, if it's such a powerful item like a NMT cape.

So, yes, let it degrade, like Radu suggested.

Getting more stuff (NMT capes) out of game and maybe increase the drop rate for NMT capes a little bit will be a benefit for the economy.

Instead of everybody is happily keeping their NMT cape (and not bringing it to the market), an increase of the degrade and drop rate will cause some more market activity of ppl buying and selling NMT capes. And that is a good thing IMO.

Piper

PS: And yes, i own a NMT cape, even two, so don't say, that i am not affected by a change of the degrade rate.

tbh with ubber def greaves some people said they would pk more if they got changed

then with the bronze swords changed they would pk more too

dragon armors same story, IDA changed, still no1 in kf

saying you'll go pk more if something gets changed is BS by now

tbh with ubber def greaves some people said they would pk more if they got changed

True

Changing items wont make more people PK, only increasing the player base can do that.. People either like the PvP aspect of games or they dont. Removing Brod isnt suddenly going to make 100 harvers equip armour and run to KF ;) >> :)

Edited by conavar

True

Changing items wont make more people PK, only increasing the player base can do that.. People either like the PvP aspect of games or they dont. Removing Brod isnt suddenly going to make 100 harvers equip armour and run to KF ;) >> :)

exactly. thats why i voted #3 :happy:

voted #1

i'm not a PKer but whenever i decided to go in KF for fun i was fearing breaking my stuff by some random player who's wielding a BROD. plus BROD makes ppl have to use only the red cape and other capes won't be used. above all, think about all those big problems that BRODing made in EL community, lots of arguments, disputes, guild wars and so on..

and making NMT breakable is a positive change, tho the drop rate needs to be adjusted...

Edited by Rasool

Unfortunately, the BroD annoys a lot of ppl, which is not good.

Actually it annoys a small percentage of the total players. Really just a few people making a lot of noise.

above all, think about all those big problems that BRODing made in EL community, lots of arguments, disputes, guild wars and so on..

Does the BRoD really have a significant negative effect on the community? Or is this drama part of a "role-playing" game?

Just wear a red cape, if your armor breaks then nathan can make you some more