Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Remove Brod, make NMT Breakable?

Remove Brod, make NMT Breakable?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your views on making NMT Breakable, and removing Brod?

• Yes - Remove Brod, make NMT Breakable
    • No - Keep things as they are.
    • No - Make NMT Breakable, and keep Brod in-game.
    • No - Just remove Brod from EL.
    • Other - State below.

This is based on what asgnny said in this Forum Topic.

The suggestion to remove the branch of destruction may be a reasonable offset for the NMT becoming breakable. Some players would be able to use NMT in PK, and still be at a disadvantage to those using perk cloaks (e.g. BP, Mirror), as well as the mana burn rings, bone of death, etc. A cape of the unbreakable would still be important for PK, but not necessarily be the end-all be-all PK cape. PK used to be less of a hateful quest for vengeance, and more of a fun "You killed me, I'll train up and beat you next time" environment. The incessant PK-driven flames and outright disgusting attitudes do not reflect well upon EL. Furthermore, what new player would want to enter PK when he has to be warned "watch out if you decide to enter PK - some rich player might try to destroy all of your hard-earned stuff". As has been mentioned previously on the subject of game development, other successful games should be looked at to see what works. I have not heard of any other (similar) game in which players can deliberately and permanently destroy items of another player.

Lots of people commented about it on that thread, I just thought it would be easier to make a topic, for people to view and comment.

#Edit - Just FYI, I voted option #1

Edited by Liquid

I voted #2, but rly, i think #3 would be a better option. Moslty because there is no better feeling than broding something exspensive of someone that you hate :)

I voted option #2...

Im not interesed in PK, but i still apreciate any improvements in it. But i also think this change will make mnt breakable in PVE, which is a really expensive item as is it. If they become breakable, i think prices will go even more high also :-/

Option #4 is also acceptable imo, that way u can improve pk without getting involve with PVE.

Excuse me for my english :)

Voted for 2.

Why are you seeing this from pvp side not from pve side. I dont want my nmt to be breakable.

Same. If this happens, I guess I train till my NMT breaks. Then buy some attri removals and get NMT perk. Wud be bad for my mana, gc stock and EMU though :).

Well rather even thinking to change NMT to breakable, changing Cape of No More Warlock to not breakable will make much more sense and useful.

i voted for things to stay as they are... but after reading this i think it should be added to poll.

Make Cape of No More Warlock unbreakable... that would make sense cause making nmt breakable makes no sense to me...

I don't want NMT Cape breakable either, I don't see the point. But if that's the case that the NMT becomes breakable, I'd rather have Brod removed. (And btw, I'm the #1 Brod'er of NMT Capes.) anyways, I'd much prefer NMT to stay as they are.

#Edit - And removing the Brod, would have a positive effect on the PK, tbh with you. I often hear people saying "I wont bother going to KF if some random is just going to break my stuff".. So it seems, somewhat logical.

Edited by Liquid

UGGGGG! Once again this is Nova posting this. Not Quesar. :/ The longer we are married, the more we turn into one person anyway. Maybe its inevitable :)

In the original thread about breakable NMTs that turned into the 'remove the BROD' thread, Radu put forth the idea of the NMT degrading into a better NMT +extra armor cloak that could be repairable by tailors. I think this original idea was really good, somewhere along the way removing the BROD in exchange for the change was introduced, I think this idea is also really good. (repairable No More Warlock wouldn't be a bad idea either. Give the poor tailors something in their skill that is useful, not just flashy)

I didn't vote because I am not sure if option #1 takes into consideration Radu's original idea about a degradable/repairable nmt.

Here is the original thread in case anyone hasn't seen it.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51366

Some of the highlights of that thread, not mentioned in this thread:

-NMT degrading into a better NMT +armor cloak

-NMT drop rate being increased to meet demand (hopefully making it so NMTs aren't super expensive)

-Degraded NMT being repairable

This is kind of important stuff to take into consideration before voting imho.

Edited by Quesar

Voted for 2.

Why are you seeing this from pvp side not from pve side. I dont want my nmt to be breakable.

James, it annoys me at times that some of these guys posting do not seem to be capable of thinking about things from a non-pk point of view, but it seems to be pointless to try to get them to see things from any other angle. I have tried many times and failed miserably. Their pk-goggle vision can't be helped. They only see pk.

As for BroD being removed or not.....I don't know if BroD is much worse than fighting a monster above your level or not. I know there are many guilds with BroD lists though. Heh. A true sign of hatred, I guess. I agree with the Nova/Quesar person (just have to joke about this a little). A person has to wonder if this takes into account all of what Radu had planned.

If you BroD a NMT cape and turn it into the unstable (is it really degraded if it gives bonuses?) version, I imagine you could find yourself dead thanks to the bonuses you helped the person get by BroDing their cape.

Edited by nathanstenzel

I agree with Asgnny statement, a game where another player can destroy other ppl hard work is realy hard to agree.

I would accept any game change in orther of removing brod outta EL (NMT breakeable, higher break rates in other items, whatever radu finds out a good way for "paying" BROD removal)

BROD brought to EL a the dark side of all player... no more nice guys in PK, everyone now needs to carry a brod (and that includes me). Our comunity has changed once this item started to be frequently used.

When your fun is to ruin other people fun, something bad is going on. And it seems to fit perfectly on some guys on our comunity at this very moment

As stated for our beloved friend Senzon and some other players

#1 ftw - bb brod

I voted #2, but rly, i think #3 would be a better option. Moslty because there is no better feeling than broding something exspensive of someone that you hate :)

FYI - this is coming from someone who has used brod a good amount

EL was always know as a good game with an awsome, full of nice ppl, realy enjoyable comunity.

I belive a item like BROD is no good for EL comunity. And, as i said before, I'm ready to afford the price to remove the BROD

*sorry for any bad english

Edited by Tico

Voted for 2.

James, it annoys me at times that some of these guys posting do not seem to be capable of thinking about things from a non-pk point of view, but it seems to be pointless to try to get them to see things from any other angle. I have tried many times and failed miserably. Their pk-goggle vision can't be helped. They only see pk.

As for BroD being removed or not.....I don't know if BroD is much worse than fighting a monster above your level or not. I know there are many guilds with BroD lists though. Heh. A true sign of hatred, I guess. I agree with the Nova/Quesar person (just have to joke about this a little). A person has to wonder if this takes into account all of what Radu had planned.

If you BroD a NMT cape and turn it into the unstable (is it really degraded if it gives bonuses?) version, I imagine you could find yourself dead thanks to the bonuses you helped the person get by BroDing their cape.

Nathan, get your head out your rear end please, and stop crusading against 'pkers' when, if you had bothered reading the original post you'd have seen A LOT of support from people who do not PK, and who practice PVE combat a hell of a lot more than you do (and I don't need to see your pixels in action to know that for a fact).

Btw: not voting in this poll, I'd like to see Radu's reply to the original thread before even coming back here.

Edited by Dilly

Voted #1

Asgnny's final sentence is the key factor in my mind,

I'll put it as simply as i can;

The BRoD allows a player to cause extreme grief to multiple other players. There's a good reason why little to no other MMO's allow one player to cause extreme grief to others, and those reasons should be carefully considered for the future prosperity of EL.

On the other hand; why would i care, i've broded more than i've been broded.

I was one of the most adamant defenders of brod removal... Lets get over it, it won't get removed...

EDIT: LOL @ Korrode's sig, so true.

Edited by Lorck

Why change something that works well?

Oh sorry, didn't realise the system already works well... yeah you're right, KF is permanently jam packed full of people and the EL playerbase is quickly increasing in size, so why change anything. ^^

Edited by Korrode

Voted to Keep NMT unbreakable and remove BRoD. (Don't pk, but people bitch way too much). Second choice would have been leave it like it is.