Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT idea

Who suggested to remove the Branch of Des. first ?

And how can Entropy remove it from the game and what use is the red cape then ?

Quite a few experienced players have gone on this thread and gave their support for your idea, regardless of whether or not they came up with alternatives or 'trade proposals'. If you are convinced the game benefits, longterm, from NMT becoming breakable, then make it breakable. It's your game, right?

There were quite a few that complained, and I am tired of asking if the players want a change then people asking for an unrelated change.

It's my game, but I am not the one playing it, and, ironically, more newbies were complaining about it than the pros. The reason why this is ironic is that it would have helped them much more than would have helped the pros.

There were quite a few that complained, and I am tired of asking if the players want a change then people asking for an unrelated change.

It's my game, but I am not the one playing it, and, ironically, more newbies were complaining about it than the pros. The reason why this is ironic is that it would have helped them much more than would have helped the pros.

OK, so how about educating the newbies about the advantages, ignore all the side topics that got caused and see if you can change their mind?

As for the people asking for an unrelated change: it was a mere suggestion made by Gnny, which started living it's own life. That's EL for you :w00t:. You can just chose to ignore it and focus on what you were intending to do.

I think it's a great idea. Unbreakable items are a bad idea in the first place, but since it is unbreakable now people are bound to complain. I think making the degraded version stronger than the original is a nice twist :w00t:

If a lot of capes break, and you make the drop rate a bit higher, then prices may get down too.

About the 'red cape' perk: Also a very nice idea. Red capes are annoying because they break so fast and you cannot wear another cape.

Maybe make it like this :

The NMT degrade to a used NMT - give less protection than the NMT but can be sold to newer people who train gargs /trolls /ogre and don't hit so hard.

Could be sold for maybe 100kgc.

And 3 used NMT can be repaired to a new NMT - tailoring - so 3 NMT end up as 1.

If they don't break before that.

TBH if they are going to be made breakable, just make them that, not a degraded version or w/e. Then remove them as drops and sell them from an NPC, for a price determined by the break rate, wether thats 50k gc or 150k gc.... gold sink ftw

There have been a lot of good points raised thus far. Overall, I agree that the NMT should be breakable.

The suggestion to remove the branch of destruction may be a reasonable offset for the NMT becoming breakable. Some players would be able to use NMT in PK, and still be at a disadvantage to those using perk cloaks (e.g. BP, Mirror), as well as the mana burn rings, bone of death, etc. A cape of the unbreakable would still be important for PK, but not necessarily be the end-all be-all PK cape. PK used to be less of a hateful quest for vengeance, and more of a fun "You killed me, I'll train up and beat you next time" environment. The incessant PK-driven flames and outright disgusting attitudes do not reflect well upon EL. Furthermore, what new player would want to enter PK when he has to be warned "watch out if you decide to enter PK - some rich player might try to destroy all of your hard-earned stuff". As has been mentioned previously on the subject of game development, other successful games should be looked at to see what works. I have not heard of any other (similar) game in which players can deliberately and permanently destroy items of another player.

To sum up:

NMT should be breakable, as proposed. Not repairable.

Suggestion: eliminate BroD to improve player environment.

the proposal to remove brod was connected with making NTMs breakable, i think thats a valid point of view.

And i fully agree to what i made bold in what asgnny said.

regards,

its not permanent destroying, some items degrade, and you can fix them ^^

NMT breakable is a great idea, will do good for the economy since GC will be flowing some more between players, player A finds NMT and sells to player B, player B is happy and player A can buy more stuff from player C, player C is happy with his sales cause he can invest it in training his skills

win-win for all ^^

Well, Entropy, I wish you luck putting up with all the conflicting ideas, complaints and folk wandering off topic. Managing this game can't possibly be easy.

Its inevitable the NMT has to become breakable, just implement as you see fit, and in

3-4 months no one will remember when it was unbreakable. Case in point, I recall complaining

about the new player models and now I cannot remember what the old ones looked like :/

(The red cape\perk - brod , should not have been brought into the discussion in the first place.

So should not be a factor in this decision. There is always the NMT perk, 7 PPs in a good trade

for time, IMHO. Which all the NMT is, and as it stands 300-400k for that much trade in time, is

overpowered.)

IMHO. Implement as you suggested. People are still bitching about cooldown, how many years

later? Yeah, it doesn't matter. (Give them a no cooldown map, or server, and they create other

reasons instead... :) )

(P.S. People bitched about Invisibility once, "OMFG people will spy on our convos!"...sheesh)

Why u deleted my post? Wth? If we CANT have own opinion how we can do any posts? Someone deleted my post cus i was DISSAGREE with God?

I dont understand it. This game is for players. For ALL players not for that one who agree with Entropy. Like i said. I dissagree cus it will make economy falling.

Ty.

Why u deleted my post? Wth? If we CANT have own opinion how we can do any posts? Someone deleted my post cus i was DISSAGREE with God?

I dont understand it. This game is for players. For ALL players not for that one who agree with Entropy. Like i said. I dissagree cus it will make economy falling.

Ty.

Did you offer up an explanation as to how and why it would make the economy fail? Because you certainly haven't in that post, and if there is one reason for post deletion i can agree with, it's deletion of "omfg this is just ebul and bad" style posts, with no details of the "why"/"how".

Edited by Korrode

failing as in: a product cant be sold anymore cause there is too much supply and no demand cause it never needs to be replaced? ^^

that is a fail, even more fail is that u defend something that fails by saying it will fail if it gets changed O.o

as reply to matth lol

Edited by Infamous

Well. Ill have to agree with dilly on this one. Im against removing brod, i think brod gives that extra fun in pk imo.

indeed. radu's idea about the NMT would really help everyone. good for the ecomony and good for the game. and BroD is a unqiue item that can only be found in EL. i love it since ofc it gives that extra fun in pk ;)

btw (off topic): i love your siggy Tyra, looks good :)

-TigerClaw.

and BroD is a unqiue item that can only be found in EL. i love it since ofc it gives that extra fun in pk :)

-TigerClaw.

Yeah in the same way arson is fun ;) .

and have to ask yourself why its unique to EL and no other mmo's have such an item

Ty.

Did you offer up an explanation as to how and why it would make the economy fail? Because you certainly haven't in that post, and if there is one reason for post deletion i can agree with, it's deletion of "omfg this is just ebul and bad" style posts, with no details of the "why"/"how".

I explained it in former post. And it was deleted cus i was dissagree.

I have an idea that hopefully most people will agree with.

Basically, I want to make the NMT breakable, with a 1/40K chance (+/- something due to astrology).

However, after it breaks it would transform into a new cape, which would also give the NMT perk, but also some accuracy and armor, maybe 6 points in total. This cape would also have a 1/40K break chance, and would just disappear when it breaks. And if a lot breaks, I can increase the drop rate too.

So, what do you think?

I think it's a bad idea. It adds mucho gc to the game. The NMT cape won't devalue much and the degraded version will generate a second income, overall probably going over 500k once the dust settles.

I already posted an idea, that will actually remove gc from the game, initially by devaluation of the NMT cape, followed by mass leveling in the tailoring skill (and a few hydro bars for the nexus) and finally make No More Warlock a used item and it's rarity can be controlled by 2 different drops.

Or you can combine the two. Make NMT breakable, apply your NMT idea to No More Warlock instead.

[edit]FYI, the cost of fast leveling tailoring with 24 rat an 99% yield, is 25450gc per 20790 exp. The first wearable product takes 539507 exp. To get to warlock rec level takes well over 2 million gc.

Also, which ever you choose, since the degraded version is better in stats then the normal version, branch should probably destroy NMT without degrade, to prevent "mass production" of the degraded version in guild maps :P

[/edit]

Edited by RallosZek

Ty.

I explained it in former post. And it was deleted cus i was dissagree.

No. more of the same. It was "omg ruin game make me sad, don't want"

And 70% of it was about "pkers,cotu" with a flame against 2 players & more about "don't make game sad"

Stop claiming it was because you disagreed.

-----

@RalloZek

It does not add gold to the game. NMT capes cannot be traded to an npc for gold coin,

So they do not add gold coin to the game. They do cause an exchange of gold coin, from

players able to train on the monsters that drop them, and the weaker players that want to buy one.

The problem is, they never leave the game. So to keep the game from being overrun by them, the chance

to find one in a monster drop is extremely rare.

On NMW, replacing the NMT as an ingredient, instead using the "Degraded NMT" as an ingredient would work.

I honestly don't understand why breakable NMT is a good thing. Not many NMT owners can afford to buy new ones. All this will do is slow down many people's a/d training. So what if Feros/Yeti trainers have many NMT they can't sell? That doesn't hurt the game because they can't sell it to NPC, therefore it's not bringing more gcs in the game.

On the contrary, NMT that doesn't break + too many NMTs ingame = NMT price will eventually go down and more people can afford then.

Edited by hussam

I see lots op ppl stating NMT capes dont leave the game. I do not know the statistics on this, but I do believe many leave the game because they are sitting in storages of -now- inactive players.