Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New test server formula, please test

I changed the hit/dodge formula a little. I am NOT going to tell you what I changed, and do NOT assume anything.

Please test under the broadest combat ranges (instances, pvp, pk, monsters at, above and under your levels), etc. and post the results here, and explain if you liek the change or not.

Any posts that do not have an explanation will be deleted.

Tried a nasp on test. Could not hit when I could easly kill one before. This is using acc pots and att pots with JS and mirror cape.

Rational has been changed it seems. Seems I was getting hit a little more too so reaction has been changed.

Using cutty and mirror I killed a nasp and had 3/4 of my mana when it died with out any pots. Seems accuracy has changed the most. Then again I have high reason set up cause my att lvl is a little low compared to my def lvl.

Either that or creatures have changed.

While I am against this change from a manufacturing, economy stand point perhap we can compesation somewhat with changing weapons ect. Still means I have to build my character differently.

Would like to see some of the Attribute CAPs increased if this takes place.

AttilaTheHun

Edited by Inglor

Hi, killed some giants/nasps and noticed that lower a/d has less crits against high lvl objects... i also noticed i dodged a lot more hits that i normally would...

Tried a nasp on test. Could not hit when I could easly kill one before. This is using acc pots and att pots with JS and mirror cape.

Using cutty and mirror I killed a nasp and had 3/4 of my mana when it died with out any pots. Seems accuracy has changed the most.

...err no... you're just clueless...

Nasp has low def/react, big att/dex, and huge armor.

You were hitting every time with the JS, you just rolled crit-dmg more with the cutty... and prolly got luckier with mirrors.

You're like the most useless tester ever :)

...ah and before anyone asks why i haven't tested yet, it's cause im at work ;)

Havent mentioned such a big change, i can kill lower leveled creatures still easy, fluffy needs one restore, but is easy to kill so far.

But i broke 2 leather pants while killing like 10 trolls/ogres/clops/fluffies in total >.<

Piper

So far tested:

Forest Chim - Hit ~95% with star med, seems to crit me a lot less

Mountain Chim - Hit like 15-25% mostly crits, stars med as well - seems like im criting it more then usual.

Now from what i heard and feel that invasion monsters are weaker then regular ones so this result may vary but.

Test invasion:

Giants - Doing pretty good blocking them more then usual, hitting about 70% with OS no pots tho

Red Dragons - With mirror cape and IDa armor killed one in 8 restores which is good for my account usually takes me more then one flee if im not using emps/acc/evas

Black Dragons - Same as red just hit and block a bit less

Will try all the monsters i killed invasion but ill try them at their spawns to see if there is a difference.

The last update I found criticals to be much much less.

Also, I found high a/der to cause less damage in melee

On this update I found I landed more criticals on both mobs, and people.

I found high a/ders hit me harder then before (before it seemed to be a lot less)

High accracy weps did better against mobs with the new update

critical to damage was less noticable to me this time

I add I also too skeptic on test, so will need a few more tests to be sure of the crit to damage, but the crit to hit was much better then last update.

I am 83/86 a/d with 40P 16C 48R

I am having a hard time finding pvp fighters in the 75-100 a/d range on test, I would be happy to come test if there are those that would like, just pm me on main server

Using cutty and mirror I killed a nasp and had 3/4 of my mana when it died with out any pots. Seems accuracy has changed the most.

...err no... you're just clueless...

Nasp has low def/react, big att/dex, and huge armor.

You were hitting every time with the JS, you just rolled crit-dmg more with the cutty... and prolly got luckier with mirrors.

You're like the most useless tester ever :)

...ah and before anyone asks why i haven't tested yet, it's cause im at work ;)

I really think you Korrode, are all for this because you are set up and perhaps have a bunch of saved PP and is greatly to your advantage. You are a Politicain. But anyways Cluelless as you call me gave the results of a test, gaved the data, and gave his interpration of the data. Lol Hey I had mirror on some luck played a roll in it all to. Where is your data.

I spend my EL time playing the game not for politics. Just seems like when things are to a politicains advantage they like to politic to have the rules changed.

AttilaTheHun

Done some testing over there..

Yeti - I seem to hit them more, with most weapons (I guess this is because there a/d is lower.)

Trice - Similar as to on main tbh, if anything I hit them less, but they hit me about the same.

- Above is what I train on Main Server, I used the same armors/swords.

Giants - I couldn't really kill one of these before, but I could just about manage it on the Test, with using accuracy/evasion potions.

Nasp - It hits me a little more on test than it does on main, but I found myself hitting it more, and for more damage than I usually would.

Red Dragon - Owns me, same as it does on main, if anything I maybe blocked it a couple times more, and hit maybe a little more. (Nothing major.

Black Dragon - Owned me as it does on main, but I hit it a little more, maybe 1/10 hits more.

PvP - Noticed a huge change here, people lower a/d, I hit more constant, and dodge a lot more, not really tested anyone around my a/d because no-one was that there.. Against the higher players I would dodge a little more, not hit. Of course I was using full PK Potions, and PK Armors/Weapons.

It seems nice to me, and I really like these changes made.

Hope this can help, I will continue doing some tests, and see if anything changes.

Desert chims on test server hit me around the same maybe slightly less than on main.

But I'm hitting Forest chims on test a bit less than on main server and much less than what I did on test server hours ago.

Overall, it's helping me block more but hit less.

Fluffies (lower than what I would train on) are about the same.

I did pvp with someone who has much less p/c than me and a bit less a/d and he was doing better than expected. So far, it's good.

Just did back-to-back Giant testing. (Actuall spawns not invasion one)

On test server i was doing the following:

With thermal 1-2 Restores/Giant

With JS 2-4 Restores/Giant

On main server was:

With thermal 1-4 Restores/Giants

With JS 2-5 Restores/Giants

Did about 10 Giants with ea weapon, seems to me on test they a tiny but less.

Offtopic: Got lucky on test server and found -

Warlock's Cloak - 8 magic resistence, provides some camouflage

Weight: 4 EMU

^^ just my luck on test server only :P

Legionnaire Orcs:

Blocking a bit more, hitting more as well but i noticed my block rate to increase higher then my hit rate.

Exp/h went up by 25k/h more.

Still testing more will keep you all posted.

Edited by SenZon

On main server was:

Legionnaire Orcs:

Blocking a bit more, hitting more as well but i noticed my block rate to increase higher then my hit rate.

You need to test like 30 of each monster, there are random variations for high level monsters.

only did ice dragon on test, and i can solo it now on Boedha char, had to use EMP yesterday, now i was on full mana all the time without using EMP

about 20 Sr used till it died, couple of eva/def/reas/inst/phys/att pots

On main server was:

Legionnaire Orcs:

You need to test like 30 of each monster, there are random variations for high level monsters.

Will do more testing have to go for now but:

More testing was done with Ice Dragon, Bula and Mare Bula

Ice Dragon just owned me couldnt block at all was pretty much Eva perk working.

Bulangiu did ok blocked alot more then on main and actually hit it at a very high rate

Mare Bulagiu destroyed me and in the middle of testing -

You recovered 177 material points

Your Red Dragon Helm Of Life and Mana has been destroyed

SenZon has discovered the one ring to rule them all.

You have died and gone to the Underworld!

You recovered 155 material points

lol.

Atm i have to go but ill do more back-to-back testing between main/test server and keep you all posted.

So far so good. Just a bit more monster testing and i can move on to PvP/PK and instance.

~SenZ

Tried a few: (same astro on main and test I checked)

Lions: current standard training for me on main atm seemed to take a little longer to kill hit the xp cap on every one then just stood there hitting.

2,630xp avg on test 2,390xp avg on main

So I got slightly more xp per lion but not sure if that made up for the time it took to kill one, extra 15-20 sec per.

Fluffies: good astro training monster for me atm

about the same on both, kill time and xp was too close to really notice a diff.

Armed Orcs: little below my lvl now

Seemed to kill very fast on test, at least faster then it seems on main.

Mountain chim: Way above lvl

Test very difficult to kill, I don't normally do these on main, have only tested a few times to see if i can handle them but even though I managed the kill it, it was much harder then I've felt they ever were on main. (may not be a good test as was only one but thought i'd throw it out there since we were told to test above.)

Anyways my testing adventures in killing.

Does this testing have sense also with lower a/d levels (61/63) ?

I could try to test on polar bears/ogres and a bit on female orcs...

Wouldn't hurt, give it a try if you need anything on test server just send me a PM ill be there as well.

On main server was:

Legionnaire Orcs:

Will do more testing have to go for now but:

More testing was done with Ice Dragon, Bula and Mare Bula

Ice Dragon just owned me couldnt block at all was pretty much Eva perk working.

Bulangiu did ok blocked alot more then on main and actually hit it at a very high rate

Mare Bulagiu destroyed me and in the middle of testing -

You recovered 177 material points

Your Red Dragon Helm Of Life and Mana has been destroyed

SenZon has discovered the one ring to rule them all.

You have died and gone to the Underworld!

You recovered 155 material points

lol.

Atm i have to go but ill do more back-to-back testing between main/test server and keep you all posted.

So far so good. Just a bit more monster testing and i can move on to PvP/PK and instance.

~SenZ

Killed a lot more Giants on main server, same results tho ~2-5 Restores per most of the times was 4-5 tho.

A little less on test server, was about 1-4.

In the 2 hours I tested on this change:

I found I get hit much more then prior test and the main.

Testing this seems to be coming from criticals, since it appears the

weapons with hit critical stats (and forcing -acc to ensure misses) more often.

(Im skeptic) due to criticals luck nature its hard to confirm this without a lot of data.

So I hit more often as well, and took much more damage then my prior experience with

no armor against feros. This is logical, if you make a global change that would increase hits,

it goes both ways. It would allow weaker players to kill much stronger monsters and players,

critical weapons like the rapier would be used much more.

I need to test more, but any change to increase combat fun and effectiveness I'm all for :)

I tested the new changes some tonight. I'm 90/93 on test. I trained fluffies for a while, my normal training creature. They seemed much easier than they should have been.

I also fought a FC, and it seemed too easy.

I tried a couple yeti. I used to be able to kill them, but with great difficulty. Now I can barely touch them, even in multi with a second person helping. I haven't tried with a large group of people, but I worry we won't be able to kill them in the instance.

Overall, I think the changes disturb a balance that is already correct. I am against the change.

-I tried some PK on test server (i'm not a pker, neither are my opponents).

*Against a player of my same Combat level (according Gossip) but lower in a/d:

I hit him more than in normal server, i blocked more too. I looked easier.

*Against a player above +20 lvls than mines (steel/tit armor, not dragon):

I could resist a lot more in battle than in the normal server, even looks likes i hit him harder.

-I also tried some fluffies (above my lvls): they looked easier to me, but the fights were longer, more blocks and more non hits from both.

Ok, I made a final decision which should make MOST of the people happy.

There are two formulas, one for PvP and one for PvE.

The PvE formula is the same as on the main server now, the PvP formula is almost identical to the one on the test server.

The PvP formula DOES take into consideration all the attributes, so nexus buyers won't be like: omfg, sky falling. However, for the purpose of hit/dodge, 3/4 of the attributes are counted, and the rest of 1/4 is random for both opponents. That is, if you are lucky you get all of it, if unlucky you get none. This is per each combat round. So this means that there is a little more variation now.

Just curious. Does this add any noticeable stress to the server to have that many random numbers generated during pvp?

Just curious. Does this add any noticeable stress to the server to have that many random numbers generated during pvp?

Not really.