Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Light Lan

Re-adding the Day of no Grief

day of no grief:

no stuff breaks in combat that day.

day of acid rain:

every minute some of your stuff may degrade or break if it rains.

what you think about readding the removed day of no grief for a higher chance of acid rain day?

i vote yes! and readd more grief day too :/

edit: imo we realy need acid bigger chance, we have too much nmt/artis/drag sets etc in game

Edited by rutuliukas

I agree that it be nice for day of no grief to be reintroduced but Im not sure acid rain day is a good counter to propose..since its easily avoided.. so IMO it would be getting NGD for free

Now change acid rain to peace day ;)

Have to agree with Erma here.

I would like to see no grief day back with more acid rain day chance added to compensate it,

but would also vote for protection of our precious tools (alembic/vial mold) included this time.

my vote is NO

acid rain is a day that only affects noobs when they discover something precious that breaks.

after that stage its only annoying, not a challenge.

Pls by all means dont make this game more annoying, but more challenging only.

:P

Edited by Gilrain

I vote no, it's not needed. It'll just get taken out like last time when people find a way "around" it.

Re-adding Day of no Grief is a great idea. But I agree with Gilrain. Please don't increase the chance of Acid Rain Day. Instead, please just bring back 'Day of no Grief' and 'Day of more Grief'.

let's see: allow a rather big part of active players to have some good fun, using their expensive gear without fear of breaks for 6 hours every now and then, in trade for increasing the chance for acid rain, which is perfectly bypassable by just making sure you either stay inside, or not wearing anything of value while outside?

Hell yes, go for it.

The problems associated with No Grief days previously include players using uber gear to farm some of the tougher monsters, e.g. dragons. Some equipment is very strong, but offset by high break rates. On a day of no grief, the balance is thrown off.

I would much rather see a day of less grief, rather than no grief. That is to say chance to decay an item is decreased significantly (not sure of percentage, maybe 85%), but not eliminated entirely. This would be enjoyable to players, while promoting use of uber gear (cuisses of cooldown, cuisses of mana drain, uber def greaves, etc.) while still allowing some of them to eventually be removed from circulation, as opposed to eternal dust gathering in storage.

The day of more grief could be reinstated as it was to offset this day. Some players will still idle in storages or mix in lieu of fighting. Others will risk an increased chance of breakage and continue with their normal activities. Open spawns for risk-takers on this day.

I would much rather see a day of less grief, rather than no grief. That is to say chance to decay an item is decreased significantly (not sure of percentage, maybe 85%), but not eliminated entirely. This would be enjoyable to players, while promoting use of uber gear (cuisses of cooldown, cuisses of mana drain, uber def greaves, etc.) while still allowing some of them to eventually be removed from circulation, as opposed to eternal dust gathering in storage.

I vote for this one.

I am sure many abuse NGD, but I for one always liked to use it to test stronger mobs. In a way I am past the need for this, but I think it would be good for lower level players to do the same. The down side is certain spawns that are "maxed" by the number of players it supports would be even harder to get.

i vote no to day of no grief but yes to day of more grief and acid rain day. we don't have enough gc sinks

Sure we do, there's just not enough advantage to them to get used much. If NMT would be breakable, but Cloak of No More Warlock would not be, that would be a nice gc sink as more people would take up tailoring.

i vote no to day of no grief but yes to day of more grief and acid rain day. we don't have enough gc sinks

Sure we do, there's just not enough advantage to them to get used much. If NMT would be breakable, but Cloak of No More Warlock would not be, that would be a nice gc sink as more people would take up tailoring.

I quite like that idea. Would give value to Warlock Capes also. ^^

I quite like that idea. Would give value to Warlock Capes also. ^^

I like it too ^^

...but i guess as a NMT perk holder, my opinion must be bias :whistle:

Ok, will be here at the next update.

What will be ? Breakable nmt ? Rofl that took you several years and many ppl where against and now ppl even ask for it?

Like the idea tho its ridiculous that an item cant break, I hope you would also take into consideration to make the chance for nmt a little big higher