Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

Would you like to see the weight of att and def increased?

anyway gl with changing pk to your likings, dont think everyones going to keep pking if they have to adjust to Nome rules/wants/needs in pk everytime

This is where your flaw is Infamous. From YOUR point of view, yes these changes may be bad. But combat isn't restricted to just PK. In the rest of EL there still are people who just train their a/d, do invasions, do instances and for the rest prefer to do other things. It's not just 'Nome-people' and peacefull harvesters that are at least open to these tests, and I've spoken to quite a few people who simply said: see it first before they can say wether it's a good or a bad thing.

So go to the testserver, run an instance, mess about in PK a bit and let Tigerclaw do an hour of yetitraining there, and THEN let us know if you still think it's gonna mess everything up and why.

<CLIP>

Also, people stop blowing out of proportion the impact this will have on pickpoint buying.

You all do realise it's only 2 out of 9 cross-attributes that will be "weaker", the benefits you'll get from putting pp's on some attribs will be unchanged, and not drastically reduced for the others.

PP buying will still be plenty OP for you all. nono worry your $ still good.

2 out of nine?

(counts)

Coordination

reasoning

Instinct

I count 3 of 9.

Each of those 3 affect the chance to hit/block.

Edited by nathanstenzel

2 out of nine?

(counts)

Coordination

reasoning

Instinct

I count 3 of 9.

cross-attributes

2 out of nine?

(counts)

Coordination

reasoning

Instinct

I count 3 of 9.

cross-attributes

LOL. Nathan, you don't have the slightest idea about the combat system. it's probably best for all if you just kept to what you know.

btw; testing it now on test server. will let you know my results.

30mins into training; to hit and to dodge rolls are changed, damage hit and damage taken rolls aren't.

Edited by Luigi

LOL. Nathan, you don't have the slightest idea about the combat system. it's probably best for all if you just kept to what you know.

he may struggle here...

i like that we can buy nexus and th fact we can remove them but i dont like pp buying, im sure its been suggested and refused before but cant we just have it so you cant remove nexuses you've bought, so if you've bought 10 nexus's you need to keep at least 10 forever. you could still buy some advantage because you could place pickpoints you'd otherwise need for human nexus say, in attributs, but it would limit the advantage.

2 out of nine?

(counts)

Coordination

reasoning

Instinct

I count 3 of 9.

cross-attributes

Ooops! Trying to be a smartass too early in the morning. :D Sorry for misreading that.

It is still 3 of the attributes that get affected though. That is half of the attribute types being affected.

I just noticed 3 things:

1. This will give mages and summoners a better chance in combat.

2. Nobody has mentioned the effect on freshly created characters. "Think of the children!"......errrr....newbs

3. The value of a/d levels will help compensate for the lack of attributes of a person that just reset, so they will have shorter recovery times.

Radu, please keep the test server like that for a while, if you don't mind. I want to test my main and a freshly born newb on there.

Edited by nathanstenzel

nathan

[radu @ 6]: btw, the biggest difference will be for players over 80 a/d

[radu @ 6]: lower than that will probably not matter that much

anyway gl with changing pk to your likings, dont think everyones going to keep pking if they have to adjust to Nome rules/wants/needs in pk everytime

This is where your flaw is Infamous. From YOUR point of view, yes these changes may be bad. But combat isn't restricted to just PK. In the rest of EL there still are people who just train their a/d, do invasions, do instances and for the rest prefer to do other things. It's not just 'Nome-people' and peacefull harvesters that are at least open to these tests, and I've spoken to quite a few people who simply said: see it first before they can say wether it's a good or a bad thing.

So go to the testserver, run an instance, mess about in PK a bit and let Tigerclaw do an hour of yetitraining there, and THEN let us know if you still think it's gonna mess everything up and why.

funny, why do normal people who just train and do invasions want it changed? nothing wrong with it now, never heard anyone complain "FFS this monster PP buyer $$~#@#%@#%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I go to forums and stop this madness, OP training/invasion monster!!"

sure there are some open to the tests, they probably havent spend months buying from shop, black market or farming for Gc to get to the point where they are now.

and that is where your flaw is, just commenting on changes that dont bother you in any way, but just want them changed for the hell of it, and piss off some fighters along the road.

didnt you say you hardly fight and/or dont like it? then why change it?

Edited by Infamous

so if coordination get redused doesnt it effect the emu aswell :D
He said just hit/dodge bonus from coord. And since most people has maxed coord, i don't see a problem at all.
It is still 3 of the attributes that get affected though. That is half of the attribute types being affected.
Read above.
1. This will give mages and summoners a better chance in combat.
Mages: yes, in melee. Summoners have pretty much similar setup of fighters, just with ani nexus added.
2. Nobody has mentioned the effect on freshly created characters. "Think of the children!"......errrr....newbs
Radu did, on channel 6, he said only people who will see a difference is those above level 80 a/d.
3. The value of a/d levels will help compensate for the lack of attributes of a person that just reset, so they will have shorter recovery times
This is a bad thing exactly why?
Radu, please keep the test server like that for a while, if you don't mind. I want to test my main and a freshly born newb on there.
Probably pointless, you said in other thread that you can barely fight ogre, so your main or freshly created newbies would not be affected.

EDIT:

funny, why do normal people who just train and do invasions want it changed?
Because they can get a more "smooth" transition to pk, if they want to. Lets face it, to have to spend years farming to buy hydro bars/nex removals won't attract anyone to pk. Edited by Lorck

funny, why do normal people who just train and do invasions want it changed? nothing wrong with it now, never heard anyone complain "FFS this monster PP buyer $$~#@#%@#%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I go to forums and stop this madness, OP training/invasion monster!!"

sure there are some open to the tests, they probably havent spend months buying from shop, black market or farming for Gc to get to the point where they are now.

and that is where your flaw is, just commenting on changes that dont bother you in any way, but just want them changed for the hell of it, and piss off some fighters along the road.

As you know full well I have left PK quite some time ago now, in January. I go to invasions, since last week I can do the 100-120 instance, and I don't train my a/d on a daily basis, but i'd say to get to 110/115 a/d I would have spent quite a bit of time training those 2 skills, right? PK, for all I care can drop dead, but I also know there are people who enjoy it a lot. My choice to not do it, but no reason for me to want to piss the PKers off. It's when they pretend to be more important or influential or l33t than everybody else, what pisses me off.

Due to me removing neg perks and getting my nexus in place to be an allrounder without too many limitations, I simply can't fight certain mobs just yet, I've realised that and had accepted it. But if the discussion rises about making a/d matter more than attributes, then yes, that will benefit me and I will sure as hell be open to it. I am close to negless by choice, it's a sacrifice I chose to make for the time being, and I also know that, had I never reset my situation would be different. But I'm not the only one, not even close, that's in this situation.

I cannot know what effect the changes will really have without seeing it first hand. I THINK it might be good, but that's what this test is for. And if I don't like what i get from the test, I will come out and say it, just as well as when i do like it. Now how about you go do the same instead of ranting here like a toddler who gets threatened to have his teddybear taken away, and give Radu some feedback? Seem time better spent than bickering over something you haven't seen firsthand.

Edited by Dilly

Radu did, on channel 6, he said only people who will see a difference is those above level 80 a/d.

3. The value of a/d levels will help compensate for the lack of attributes of a person that just reset, so they will have shorter recovery times

This is a bad thing exactly why?

Probably pointless, you said in other thread that you can barely fight ogre, so your main or freshly created newbies would not be affected.

2. I would like to see this for myself. Radu is human. Humans do have potential for error no matter how well they know their stuff. Einstein probably screwed up a number of times....I hear Einstein was a problem student even.

3. I never said it was a good or a bad thing. It was an observation.

regarding the server time: What thread was it that I said I could barely fight ogre? An old one? They are easy for me now. Not worth fighting them for xp anymore.

I cannot know what effect the changes will really have without seeing it first hand. I THINK it might be good, but that's what this test is for. And if I don't like what i get from the test, I will come out and say it, just as well as when i do like it.

mhm.

...and i'd just like to state that the testing i've done so far (mostly PvE... the PvP testing got a little out of hand :D ), has been positive. Things that prolly should be harder for me, are... and things that prolly should be a little easier for me, are.

EDIT:

Also will note, the change is only slight, i'd guess a lesser adjustment has been made than what Radu stated earlier... but can't be 100% sure ofc.

Edited by Korrode

As you know full well I have left PK quite some time ago now, in January. I go to invasions, since last week I can do the 100-120 instance, and I don't train my a/d on a daily basis, but i'd say to get to 110/115 a/d I would have spent quite a bit of time training those 2 skills, right? PK, for all I care can drop dead, but I also know there are people who enjoy it a lot. My choice to not do it, but no reason for me to want to piss the PKers off. It's when they pretend to be more important or influential or l33t than everybody else, what pisses me off.

Due to me removing neg perks and getting my nexus in place to be an allrounder without too many limitations, I simply can't fight certain mobs just yet, I've realised that and had accepted it. But if the discussion rises about making a/d matter more than attributes, then yes, that will benefit me and I will sure as hell be open to it. I am close to negless by choice, it's a sacrifice I chose to make for the time being, and I also know that, had I never reset my situation would be different. But I'm not the only one, not even close, that's in this situation.

I cannot know what effect the changes will really have without seeing it first hand. I THINK it might be good, but that's what this test is for. And if I don't like what i get from the test, I will come out and say it, just as well as when i do like it. Now how about you go do the same instead of ranting here like a toddler who gets threatened to have his teddybear taken away, and give Radu some feedback? Seem time better spent than bickering over something you haven't seen firsthand.

you see, you THINK it might be better for you, but this change applies to monsters too, nothing changes for the average player, its only the PP buyers getting screwed.

oh well ill try it, but hard work getting rewarded with a nerf? (yes thats a word, google it) dont think anyone likes that even with testing.

lets just see what it does, hopefully afterwards its a bad call, and radu can stop listening to all these bs suggestions.

Because they can get a more "smooth" transition to pk, if they want to. Lets face it, to have to spend years farming to buy hydro bars/nex removals won't attract anyone to pk.

korrode says it wont change much regarding leveling, so transition to pk wont get more smooth, he even said 140s would get even stronger.

if you got no clue what your talking about, please stay out of the discussion.

your argument to change it already got debunked before you brought it up :confused:

Edited by Infamous

korrode says it wont change much regarding leveling, so transition to pk wont get more smooth, he even said 140s would get even stronger.
Its a long term thing, as i said in a previous comment. As it is now, in the future you need high a/d and tons of attribs to pk, just needing a/d obviously makes the transition a lot more smooth.
if you got no clue what your talking about, please stay out of the discussion.
I have tested much more extensively those changes on TS than you (btw, you tested it, or are you just crying without even testing it), so probably who don't have a clue is you...
your argument to change it already got debunked before you brought it up :confused:
Please say where, because i don't have read it. Its simple, to not have to do years of boring gold farming, makes the pk much more attractive to new people, that is the main argument, and i would love to see you contesting it. Edited by Lorck

I done some tests today, to see the differences.. PvE, there is a lot of good difference, PvP isn't so much difference. I found myslf to be hitting more than usual, and taking a little less damage (block rate) than usual.

Still over there doing some tests, but so far it's really nice. :confused:

How about you fucking stop arguing and test it on the test server first, before "omfg, the sky is falling" talk?

The test server was updated last night, so go test.

just tried it on test server, killed RD with only 2 restores, and was a one man army in kf even though i got hit by osomn couple times.

other then that was on full mana all the time, got ganged by 2 top 10 chars and some lower lvls, only times i died was cause someone summoned 16 AC two times, third time cause i was checking #list_perks while being ganged by 2 top 10 and a couple of MC.

didnt even bother using MD/Harm and half of the boost pots

after that i took HS, Tinf perks and 3 more reas, then no1 was around in kf anymore :confused:

this change wont change much, just opening the window to more senseless bitching and complaining.

from those test experiences i pretty know for sure next complaints will be about orange spam weapons, other attributes (other then the 3 getting changed) and most likely summons/fighters with mage harms (someone is getting close to 50 summoning and is starting to get r/w maxed now)

"smoother to go to pk, more equallity in pk" dont think so from these tests.

Well, i pked a lot on ts today, and fought some mchims & fchims, and black dragon (which pwned me). I will test yeti, trice, etc, later. The things went up pretty nicely considering i had bad astro while doing the tests.

I think the change was not drastic, which is good, and of course, as expected uber strong people stayed uber strong.

I am happy with the pk system i found on TS, i need to do more tests against environment (the tests i did went nicely too), i will do those tests later.

just tried it on test server, killed RD with only 2 restores, and was a one man army in kf even though i got hit by osomn couple times.

other then that was on full mana all the time, got ganged by 2 top 10 chars and some lower lvls, only times i died was cause someone summoned 16 AC two times, third time cause i was checking #list_perks while being ganged by 2 top 10 and a couple of MC.

didnt even bother using MD/Harm and half of the boost pots

So the evil change hasnt made you weaker then ?

this change wont change much, just opening the window to more senseless bitching and complaining.

from those test experiences i pretty know for sure next complaints will be about orange spam weapons, other attributes (other then the 3 getting changed) and most likely summons/fighters with mage harms (someone is getting close to 50 summoning and is starting to get r/w maxed now)

People have been bitching about orange spam weapons/harms and summons for years, they will continue to moan about them if this change happens or not... this change wont make ppl moan since they already have been

I tested, only PVE, as for PK i have no means to compare experiences.

I did slightly better on DCW, as I was already expecting. Not a huge change, but still good enough to be happy with. on FCW I didn't really find much of a difference, yet MCW and Yeti were slightly harder for me than they are atm on main server.

So in brief: I will gain some for training, and untill I get my attributes up to a decent build for my levels, I will have a slightly harder time dealing with stronger mobs. I think this will not bring a big change, but still a positive change and slightly more balance to PVE combat.

It might be more useful if the people testing this would post their A/D levels and their attributes. Of course, I would not doubt it if that would be taboo for some of you. It would be useful though. Maybe at least say "I am stronger than __________, but weaker than _______"?

Radu copied over the characters to test server, right?

Edited by nathanstenzel