Eternal Lands Official Forums
elg3neral

a/p protection spell

I don't PK - but am the #2 ranger atm - and have maxed AP, WT & ER perks.

On a stationary target ie a fighter engaged in combat, I hit virtually every hit for 32 with trainers, 50+ with PK (no idea about magic/fire/ice etc) - I would have to agree with Dugur on this - a ranger can be useful. However, if you can get to attack the ranger they are weak.

Anyone who has seen a ranger dealing with Bethel should know the damage that they can do!

Weakness of an ranger in PK depends on their melee combat skills. I'm not going in there with an buccaneer hat on :P.

Peeps who try to hunt down the ranger are those who know that they can kill them in melee or to hold them off long enough. then TPTR is your best friend.

And you can enable TPTR spell while shooting arrows. This type of PK ranging works only when you go in pk with friends.

rangers vs melee fighter is not possible so you have to switch from bow to sword.

Or you are referring to do sniper tactics with goggles, camu cape, ninja tunic and bunch of magic arrows.

That's fun, but the chance that your expensive stuff destroys if they catch you is high. And yes then you are weak :)

Unlike in melee combat, you get exp also when hitting and not doing damage. Targets armour takes damage off normal hits and AP hit goes past armour.

Your hit chance is based on skill, lighting, distance and perception. (unless I'm completely mistaken)

And type of bow , WT perk .

Yes armor takes of the damage. like when you are ranging on an naspa without a/p its very hard with full a/p you eat them for breakfast.

Targets with high Reaction makes it harder to hit , and toughness reduces the damage also when a/p is used.

like hitting an bula with fire arrows I cant get more then 77 hp damage , but on an other type monster I can go up to 88hp damage with an fire arrow.

A thing what I'm wondering about is that radu referred that how harder the target is to hit the more exp you get. But In my eyes that's not completely (true) I can hit types of monsters better and getting more exp then other's like bula's and sslessar according to yetis and giants. But i can be mistaken on this part :)

( but this is abid offtopic )

Edited by elg3neral

A thing what I'm wondering about is that radu referred that how harder the target is to hit the more exp you get. But In my eyes that's not completely (true) I can hit types of monsters better and getting more exp then other's like bula's and sslessar according to yetis and giants. But i can be mistaken on this part :P

I think the monster reaction makes no difference. Shooting 2 different monsters from same distance gives same exp, at least what I've observed.

And I'd like to test the toughness effect on dmg, could be also because of fire protection.

Oh, one more factor in the hitting chance is if target is moving. Easier to hit a stationary target.

A thing what I'm wondering about is that radu referred that how harder the target is to hit the more exp you get. But In my eyes that's not completely (true) I can hit types of monsters better and getting more exp then other's like bula's and sslessar according to yetis and giants. But i can be mistaken on this part :P

I think the monster reaction makes no difference.

I have tested this on an guardbot. The only thing the bot has is uber p/c and hitting it is very very hard from the closest possible distance.

Shooting 2 different monsters from same distance gives same exp, at least what I've observed.

in bethel invasion I get less exp from an cocka at longer distance then an ac who is close. Next time bethel invasion I will test it more.

to get more data

And I'd like to test the toughness effect on dmg, could be also because of fire protection.

yes that could be possible. But i don't know if bula's have fire protection.

Oh, one more factor in the hitting chance is if target is moving. Easier to hit a stationary target.

ah yes :)

Edited by elg3neral

Shooting 2 different monsters from same distance gives same exp, at least what I've observed.

Nope...... try rabbits & Mr Frost!

Oddly rats give pretty good exp tho'

Oddly rats give pretty good exp tho'

Everyone knows that rats are dodgy creatures, so hard to hit,

perhaps that's why

I for one have faith that Elg3neral knows what he says, I have been on the wrong end of his arrows while fighting other chars, and it is no fun, lol. I am all for all combat skills being involved in pk, I think it is great for the game to have mages, summoners, and archers in pk, and I would love to see a pk contest that involves all combat skills, battlefield FTW!. However, I prefer a nice balance.

Edited by Norm

A/P protection Spell

"Guardian wind"

Gives protection against critical hits from arrows and bolts by 60% for 40 sec

sigils: Change - Local - Air

Reagents: 10 air - 10 matter - 5 magic

Requierd Magic Level: 45

Magic exp Given: 220

Mana subtracted: 35

After a while humping arround in KF , with 60 a/p , 50+ rang level and Wilhelm Hood.

I think its more balanced that meele figters can get some magic protection against the power off a/p.

And that they can choose to hunt down the ranger or burn some mana.

just an suggestion.

greatings :(

How many people got Pked by rangers?

i have killed many ppl with elg3neral shooting at them, alone by myself i would have dragged the fight alot longer resulting in winning or losing and when he is shooting constantly doing 30s-50s dmg every sec it gives very little time to other ppl to run away (diss/tele) and actually die.

really pr0 idea (specially coming from a pk ranger :P:) )

40 sec is kinda low time should change to like 60-90 sec OR it should take like ~25 mana and ~5-7 of each essences and last 40 sec.

however it turns out its a good option for temp protection

Should be castable on a friend like remote heal. Maybe give spell bonus from your rang lvl.
Ye, it would be nice some buff spells to help your friends.

elscreen421-1.png

1st time fight with stivy vs me and amar the fight continued ~10 min with me dis/tele ~2x and than later elg3neral come to shoot with us stivy d/t after ~30 sec

elscreen499.png

smurf d/t after few sec of fighting to (b4 amar had the chance to att)

and just yesterday choris (ranger/mage) + snowghost vs me and i did ~40 dmg/hit on snowghost while choris did 60s dmg on me 2x (he hit me a lot faster with his arrows than i can hit with my sword and a lot more dmg to)... i tried ~4x and gave up. choris being a mage with pr0 mana didnt matter how many times i fleed/diss to att him..they were able to double team me very easily. The dmg was to much for me to even try to take a pic

and take kgxjeff for example probably #1 pker who gets teamed by a lot of ppl and still wins

he attacked me and elg3neral and choris started shooting at him and he d/t ~45 sec :bow_arrow:

I like the idea of the new spell, I think 90 secs is way too long, I think may be 45 seconds 60 max, you need it just long enough to get to a ranger, and a little extra.

But another thing if a ranger see's you using the spell, one may just shoot another target instead.

Possible suggestion? maybe disable that players can see what spells other players have casted? this would also help against mages too, so 1. ranger or mage may not know when spell is over to start attacking again. 2 they will continue to try attack when spell is active because one doesn't know it's on

about something i read in ch 6, it was like "i can't restore as fast as i get killed by arrows because of the 2 seconds rule"... maybe add 1 second cooldown in using pk arrows?

Ok, there was some pk this evening, what we noticed is that we should have some protection against ranging because, atm, it's just too powerful. 2 Rangers were dealing close to like 130 damage per second, and person would have to diss after few seconds, the damage was too high and often that sometimes you would just die because of the 2 seconds rule between spells. Top a/d people like ata/ulubatli/andy/incubus and rest died in seconds due to high damage from 2 rangers. There should be some protection like, maybe Anti AP pots, where you'd spend 900k gc and negate the effect of AP pots (another gc sink that would probably lots of people use) or maybe some spell/item. Picture below should show you how ebul ranging is:

302xj13.jpg

So.. KF belongs to the finnish now? :icon13:

Ranging is as it's supposed to be, it's better to have a broader team then to just go in with fighters.. they obviously had strategy and seems it worked quite well.

There is strategy already to help nullify the effect of rangers--use it or figure it out.

yea pk in a group..... sux for solo fighters (who need to flee 20x and chase the ranger who will just ttr on the other side)