A/P protection Spell

"Guardian wind"

Gives protection against critical hits from arrows and bolts by 60% for 40 sec

sigils: Change - Local - Air

Reagents: 10 air - 10 matter - 5 magic

Requierd Magic Level: 45

Magic exp Given: 220

Mana subtracted: 35

After a while humping arround in KF , with 60 a/p , 50+ rang level and Wilhelm Hood.

I think its more balanced that meele figters can get some magic protection against the power off a/p.

And that they can choose to hunt down the ranger or burn some mana.

just an suggestion.

greatings :icon13:

Edited by elg3neral

A/P protection Spell

"Guardian wind"

Gives protection against critical hits from arrows and bolts by 60% for 40 sec

sigils: Change - Local - Air

Reagents: 10 air - 10 matter - 5 magic

Requierd Magic Level: 45

Magic exp Given: 220

Mana subtracted: 35

After a while humping arround in KF , with 60 a/p , 50+ rang level and Wilhelm Hood.

I think its more balanced that meele figters can get some magic protection against the power off a/p.

And that they can choose to hunt down the ranger or burn some mana.

just an suggestion.

greatings :)

How many people got Pked by rangers?

How many people got Pked by rangers?

rangers are quite dangerous nowadays tbh.

there are a few capable of dealing constant 40s of damage with elvenbow, if not killing you, it at least makes you run, unless you get to them.

They use to shoot arrows from distance when you are engaged in combat with other person. To get hit by constant 70 damage while fighting is not great i would say.

Nice spell, needs to last longer, 40 seconds is nothing, should be ~90-120 seconds IMO.

Rangers are annoying now in KF, and make it almost pointless to go in with one there.

Have to say kudos to elg3neral for this suggestion, as it would effect the damage you deal yourself. I am all for it myself, bigger spell bar would be great too.

Sounds like some good ol' fighter whining. It never gets old.

Funny cause its elg3neral thats the ranger, he realizes how his AP pots are OP'ed, and would be nice if there was a defense against it.

Funny cause its elg3neral thats the ranger, he realizes how his AP pots are OP'ed, and would be nice if there was a defense against it.

I was actually referring to everyone else's (excluding Entropy) posts, but I guess I should have mentioned that.

How much are those pots these days? This would severely destroy their usefulness.

edit: And, just why should fighters be able to completely defend against Rangers? That just gives another Fighter|Mage dead circle which everyone hates.

Edited by Aphistolas

Who said it will make the rangers useless?

I have 11 Ap pots and still do good you dont need AP pots to own really, they are just a plus - kinda like bronze swords for fighters.

And AP pots are 15k

I still think there's a huge difference between a bronze sword, and spending 900k on pots to get maximised AP, just to have that bonus removed completely. Perhaps the effect of the AP spell could be merely reduced, rather than totally cancelled.

Edited by Aphistolas

If one person has 60% Armor Pierce. And the other person has 60% protection against it. It's not nullifying the effects of AP.

You have a .6 chance to crit. They have a .6 chance to block it. Not 100% either way.

I was actually referring to everyone else's (excluding Entropy) posts, but I guess I should have mentioned that.

How much are those pots these days? This would severely destroy their usefulness.

edit: And, just why should fighters be able to completely defend against Rangers? That just gives another Fighter|Mage dead circle which everyone hates.

destroy their usefulness ????

A/P is great stuff , not only in Pk but also in hunting and invasions.

I believe in the balance and that every kind of skilled attack against an other player. You must be able to defend yourself.

I'm not suggesting a potion but an spell so fighters need to use their precious mana to get a decent defence.

I almost get 100% critical hits and I'm not even No.1 ranger . with that spell i still have 30~40 % damage rate.

So ranging wont have an dead circle

And those who replied are not whining because they are right. For me you are the one who is whining just to spam bullshit without any knowledge about this case. So please spam in an other topic.

We PK because we love it,And to test our tactics and skills against other guilds/players.

Ranging in PK is allot of fun and very use full but it need to be balanced like every other fighting skill.

I believe in the balance and that every kind of skilled attack against an other player. You must be able to defend yourself.

I'm not suggesting a potion but an spell so fighters need to use their precious mana to get a decent defence.

I almost get 100% critical hits and I'm not even No.1 ranger . with that spell i still have 30~40 % damage rate.

And those who replied are not whining because they are right. For me you are the one who is whining just to spam bullshit without any knowledge about this case. So please spam in an other topic.

We PK because we love it,And to test our tactics and skills against other guilds/players.

Ranging in PK is allot of fun and very use full but it need to be balanced like every other fighting skill.

Lol, obligatory insults aside, clarify your first post please. Do you mean it should bestow complete protection against maxed out AP, or just 60% of whatever your AP is?

And tbh, I really don't care why/how you PK. I was just trying to see it from the pure ranger's POV, which seems to lack input in this thread. Where's Cruella when you need her? :confused:

Sounds more like you don't know what your talking about.

Lol, obligatory insults aside,

Yes good idea !

clarify your first post please. Do you mean it should bestow complete protection against maxed out AP, or just 60% of whatever your AP is?

First post was an suggestion. there are ofc more possibilities to suggest, like

1- 60% protection of your total piercing including level , perks , bow. this will force the PK rangers to get those a/p pots to get effective in pk. good for the economy.

2- nullification of archery a/p gained by the a/p pots . This is more friendly for starting rangers.

3- 60% protection of a/p gained by a/p pots . I think its still to powerful for the peeps with full a/p.

And tbh, I really don't care why/how you PK.

Good to know that.

I was just trying to see it from the pure ranger's POV

Go and try it out then!

, which seems to lack input in this thread

There are not many effective PK rangers yet

Where's Cruella when you need her? :P

??? What i know is that she never used ranging in PK and even didn't PK at all.

I use ranging actively in PK.

Take number one fighter, put him fight with someone that can stay alive but not hurt him and bring a PKing ranger. The ranger can do 40-50 dmg about 90% of time every second. The #1 will be busy restoring and the result of the fight is different. In multi situation you can cooldown/mana deplete with quite effective percentage using special bolts.

Ranging is a serious threat to anyone, and if they can't get rid of the ranger they are in trouble. Either bring a friend or die alone atm.

Some way to protect against it isn't totally unreasonable, but making it nullify ranging like MI does to magic is too much. If 60% of rang damage is absorbed by the spell, works. If it nullifies AP, works. If it works as a xx% mirror perk against ranging, interesting :)

Other options are implementing armour set that works good against ranging, so having a part of that in use would reduce the ranging risk. This sounds like a waste due to not having ranging in PK in so active use and lacking monsters that would shoot you (renegade gnome cannon team, orc archer, gobling slinger, flamethrower yeti)

i think it's a great idea - especially getting a use for air sigil :)

Nice spell, needs to last longer, 40 seconds is nothing, should be ~90-120 seconds IMO.

agree with this, other protection spells last 90 or 120 sec so IMHO it would be logical that this spell should also last for either 90 or 120 sec

bigger spell bar would be great too.

agree with this too :)

EDIT:

but not from lvl 45, perhaps 42 or 47 seems better? ...

between magic levels 40 and 50, currently there is only True Sight at lvl 45 and no other spells become available between those levels

i just think it makes magic leveling more interesting when you need only a few levels to unlock a new spell... makes things more interesting ...

Edited by zmurf

I use ranging actively in PK.

Take number one fighter, put him fight with someone that can stay alive but not hurt him and bring a PKing ranger. The ranger can do 40-50 dmg about 90% of time every second.

I don't PK - but am the #2 ranger atm - and have maxed AP, WT & ER perks.

On a stationary target ie a fighter engaged in combat, I hit virtually every hit for 32 with trainers, 50+ with PK (no idea about magic/fire/ice etc) - I would have to agree with Dugur on this - a ranger can be useful. However, if you can get to attack the ranger they are weak.

Anyone who has seen a ranger dealing with Bethel should know the damage that they can do!

Just curious, does armor subtract from the damage and/or chance to hit a person?

Usually, an archer outside of EL would have to manage to either pierce armor or manage to shoot at a weak point in the armor.

Monsters however don't have anything that could be considered armor except for the scales of a dragon.

The armed orcs and armed goblins have armor, but it is leather which could be easily pierced.

Just curious, does armor subtract from the damage and/or chance to hit a person?

Usually, an archer outside of EL would have to manage to either pierce armor or manage to shoot at a weak point in the armor.

Monsters however don't have anything that could be considered armor except for the scales of a dragon.

The armed orcs and armed goblins have armor, but it is leather which could be easily pierced.

Unlike in melee combat, you get exp also when hitting and not doing damage. Targets armour takes damage off normal hits and AP hit goes past armour.

Your hit chance is based on skill, lighting, distance and perception. (unless I'm completely mistaken)