Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

HE, why arent they made?

Dilly, in my point of view there is no shortage of SR's on the market. And the shortage of HEs/AEs are due to most alchers doing steel bars instead of those two essences, this also in my opinion. Prices gone up for all the raw material items, why i can find steel bars readly available for selling and for the essences i need to resort to friends?

Your way of playing the game is fine and all, but some players want to get gc (to be able to train expensive skills and/or just look cool), and why not the most gc they can? its natural of their human nature. To try to force the harvesters to sell for lower prices "for the benefit of everyone else" is just anti-capitalist, imo.

You missed my point, or observation rather.

It makes perfect sense to me for someone to rather keep the stuff they mixed and use it to level another skill, instead of selling whatever it is they mixed for a price that is hardly profitable.

Maybe harvesters should charge less

Maybe mixers should be a bit greedier

Maybe buyers should be a bit less greedy

Or maybe everyone should try sympathise with 'the others' so nobody's short of anything.

I think I will sooner see a flock of pigs fly by my office window, than to see the day that happens though.

Anyways: i think this thread has also shown that if you have enough social skills, it's not that hard to find what you need. The stuff is still out there, just need to know where to look.

Edited by Dilly

People should not forget that the on-site bots may charge alot less for silver and iron if their owners are not greedy.

People should not forget the idea of buying bags at the harvest site or paying someone half price on site may give a drastic savings.

I am not sure, but there used to even be hyperspace bag sales. I think a few hyperspace bag hunters may have ended that one though.

MasterZen, are those steel bar prices based on 3.3gc iron ore with 1 gc for food or 3gc iron ore with about 1.5gc food and 2gc profit? Either way, those are nice prices. I tend to pay 50gc for steel bars.

People should not forget that the on-site bots may charge alot less for silver and iron if their owners are not greedy.

People should not forget the idea of buying bags at the harvest site or paying someone half price on site may give a drastic savings.

I am not sure, but there used to even be hyperspace bag sales. I think a few hyperspace bag hunters may have ended that one though.

MasterZen, are those steel bar prices based on 3.3gc iron ore with 1 gc for food or 3gc iron ore with about 1.5gc food and 2gc profit? Either way, those are nice prices. I tend to pay 50gc for steel bars.

I dont buy any of my ingreds (thats why it got boring i guess :))

I harv a huge bag of coal and start hauling, then make some fe's (hoping for some efe of course)

Then i make 40 steel bars per run and make about 500 steel bars per day..

So in this matter i dont have to charge high prices, it's just takin me longer..

I play this game for the fun of it, i dont need huge gc to keep my lvls updated. I might not end in top 10 of any skill, but that isnt my goal, i got my own relaxed goals :)

And lorck don't get me wrong, i dont want people to change the prices, i know how it goes in real life, we all live in it i hope.

But it is a fact that if ya have a certain market build up, it's not strange that the newer people into the market will compair their own prices with those of longer playing people. And they eventually might even raise the price more, like in real live the children rule the future :)

I'm sure, most players can still find their share of he's and srs and steel bars.. But at what price?

It's not my problem at all, i just work to make my stuff and don't mind at all (ok its boring, but hey, a/d training isnt all that fun either)..

Edited by MasterZen

MasterZen, the 50gc that I pay doesn't exactly cover ingreds (only covers about 95% at current market prices). Some charge more for steel bars. I should keep you in mind when I want steel bars. :D

Well , when mini events came lot of ppl stopped play/harv coz they were afk-harvers (like harv when learning/cooking etc).

I know Harv med helps a lot (broked 2 on 140k silver) but its still hard to get lot of ores

Chryzies r easy too, but another prob. is low emu.... max now is 960 . means like 470 ore per trip, means 235 HE..

Suxx enough, so i am making 50-60k he only for myself, not for sale.

And pof price/cooldown time etc isnt problem, problem is - lot of AFK harvers quit

And about making sr... makng stockable br and sell them to MIRA for 15 ea way faster than look for buyers on market

Thats all

Right... most of them simply will keep their stuff to use for other skills.

Or the same. EMP are quite nice "mixer oa". Just need to keep gc in storage to buy that occasional 50k+ ogre toes on market and you're fine.

Fact is that SR isn't use in that high quantity by trainers, so really few people can serve the market (Erma/Piner can handle it by themselves if they wanted to). Being able to sell SR quick is more about contacts then anything else.

Also for summoners it's more profitable to make their own SR, given the strong connection throughout the skill with pots., I'm sure there aren't that many summoners that leveled it without veg nexus.

Edit:

You can really only blame fixed NPC prices that don't scale with the times for HE shortage. Anything silver based should be re-evaluated, so that base price can go up.

Edited by RallosZek

Right... most of them simply will keep their stuff to use for other skills.

Or the same. EMP are quite nice "mixer oa". Just need to keep gc in storage to buy that occasional 50k+ ogre toes on market and you're fine.

Fact is that SR isn't use in that high quantity by trainers, so really few people can serve the market (Erma/Piner can handle it by themselves if they wanted to). Being able to sell SR quick is more about contacts then anything else.

Also for summoners it's more profitable to make their own SR, given the strong connection throughout the skill with pots., I'm sure there aren't that many summoners that leveled it without veg nexus.

Edit:

You can really only blame fixed NPC prices that don't scale with the times for HE shortage. Anything silver based should be re-evaluated, so that base price can go up.

In the mean time, I'm keeping Trader stocked as much as I can with silver ore and trying to have him pay a reasonable price based on his location half way to storage. While I may not have time to try to mass produce HE, I'm at least on silver whenever possible instead of dung. OF course you can always check Camael.

Edit:

In the mean time, I'm keeping Trader stocked as much as I can with silver ore and trying to have him pay a reasonable price based on his location half way to storage. While I may not have time to try to mass produce HE, I'm at least on silver whenever possible instead of dung. OF course you can always check Camael.

That would be a lot more useful if you can trade in mule form (or only with bots for all I care). I don't mind for 1 emu stuff, but for heavier things, I find myself being more productive by harvesting/mixing at mine then running back and forth a bot.

Edited by RallosZek

It's typical to see that most of the post i've read here is all about the time spend on certain products..

Last time i checked EL wasn't meant to be a speed game, sure with the mini events the game slowed down, but hey, if u just pay attention to the game, even the mini events aren't that much of a pain either (if ya wanna cook while playing a game, then go play scrabble with a RL friend)

Atm, im making air ess, i harved the diamonds and flowers and now bringing it to silver mine, about 10-11 runs a day, and i indeed will have only 1300-1430 air ess (making 130 per run, only 600 emu) but i will have 2500 silver ore after 10-11 runs, do this for 7 days and u will have 8k air ess and 14k silver (7k he's)..

It's relaxing, it gives a stone every now and then, it gives exp, no matter how little, cant expect else when making air ess, it gives money eventually and at the time being im reading chat and having fun pissing people off..

Cant think of anything better after a day of work that i dont need my gf for..

hey all, Demon_Mage here. Most people remember me as Lord_Cain, i used to sell HE's by 10k's.

after awhile, i gave it though..."20k silver, 10k mums" 10k HE for 80kgc

then i thought about LE's.... "10k silver, 20k sunflowers" 10k LE for 50kgc

if u notice, flowers are fast, easy and lightweight to harvest, but harving 10k silver MORE than usual is quite noticable, and its not even less than the cost itself. (from 80k to 50k price) so in my opinion, its the silver that bothers people. perhaps change the harv spots, change the ings needed for HE's, make silver more lightweight, or just be able to harv silver faster