Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

HE, why arent they made?

(maybe add some crys out of MM mine?)

There are chrysanthemums in MM not far from the mine.

One annoying thing with HE is the food costs. I would say that is the 2nd biggest reason for there not being enough HE.

No, that doesn't play a part at all. It hasn't changed and with mules in game there is no shortage of mixing food. Besides, steel bars are abundantly available and cost 5 more food. A harvester's choices have been broadened:

- iron @ .87gc per emu but close to storage

- quartzes @ 1gc per emu

- emeralds @ 1gc per emu

- diamonds @ 1.16 per emu

- silver @ 1.25gc per emu

- extract flowers except toadstools/mullein/tree mushroom @ 1.5gc per emu

Funny thing is, the cheaper per emu, the easier to find, since time is a more valued commodity.

Wow....can you add in average steps to storage to that? (asks for something that would be harder to provide, but goes with the "easier to find" notion.

I personally for the past month have been getting my sr/he at the bots in the feros cave :)

perhaps certain bot owners should consider moving to popular yeti spawns? :D

Since mini-events I find myself moving more and more towards a/d and less mixing. I only make HE/SR's for me and then on occasion for guildies now for the simple fact that I used to be able to sit and do 8-10k of silver in a row and do that several days in a row, now I'm doing good if I can make it to 3k I just can't stand the constant spam of the mini's.

So as an individual I am putting less final product out in the market and using more myself as I am doing A/D now instead of heavy mixing/harvesting. perhaps there are more like me.

Would increasing the speed of which silver can be harvested help?

i.e. Silver currently is rec. harv level of 24, Sulphur is rec. harv level of 14.

If Silver harvested like Sulphur does, would people be more inclined to harvest it more?

i.e. Silver currently is rec. harv level of 24, Sulphur is rec. harv level of 14.

If Silver harvested like Sulphur does, would people be more inclined to harvest it more?

I doubt it, only the real harcore harvesters can harvest the amounts of st00f that people used to do.

Increasing harvest speed would be nice, but how many times a year do really really nice things like that get implemented ? :)

I know from the last few times ive logged in for a few hours, ive wanted to chat to people I havent chatted with for ages so sitting and harvesting / mixing HE was exactly what I did. Then sold them, but mini events did what theyre supposed to do and slowed production right down ..... hence the possible or percieved shortage of something like HE.

Slower production. Aparently its good for the economy

I think the speed is not important, but :

2 nexus are needed

A book are needed - hard to get for new players because they need MM to go there.

So they need gc for MM/harvest capes amd books (silver/HE) before they can start to make HE - and start training magic.

Sulfur - a leather glove :)

I think the Bookseller should be moved to a more newbie friendly place like VOTD.

Edited by Zamirah

Having 120k SRs in storage I can't help but wonder how anybody can think there's a shortage of them, must be that my usual middleman is on leave :medieval:

I sold 70k he since end of june (day that i started playing again)

I had 10k srs on auction for 2 weeks without anyone bidding or even willing to bid on it, untill i finally had someone buy 7k, i used the other 3k myself..

There is enough of both in game still..

Only the newer alchers and probably potters also, stick to the price they once sold some for (saw he going at 8-9 and srs 15-16), i sat at storage once and sold a pk'er 1k he for 10k (he offered, it was not my wish)..

If newer alchers see that they probably try to sell it at that price, some rich people will buy a bunch and newer alchers dont see why to sell for lower..

Edited by MasterZen

I used to sell the extra silver ore I brought back to storage after mixing LE or bars.

With the mini events do I not sell any ore/minerals/flowers, only if friends need.

I think I'm not the only who do this.

imo I noticed essence sales and a general decrease in market channel after mini events were implemented.

I find this kind of odd though because I don't find the events to be bothersome while harvesting silver. Sure, I cannot harvest afk anymore (which I miss ;) ) but not so bad.

I think the main reason for the decrease was how many mixing/harvest services players that left after mini events came into play. Look at ELG guild for example...

Wonderful/Sanddragon/Bruno would harvest/mix for people but vanished without a trace after the new events came into the game. I know that ELG always had minerals/ores/essences for sale and having that guild die out did a small toll on the EL market.

Now multiply that by how many other harvesters/mixers quit and you might notice a trend.

double ack.

to compensate for that the customers should harv more silver as it was proposed...

regards

Isn't it good that pkers must spend the 2 pickpoints in inorganig and can not take Harvester of Sorrow so easy ? :)

Then they can not always train and the spawns are free again for others :)

or harv when spawns are taken (when they dont make gc) so they get an income 100% of the time they are online

HoS is no big deal btw, i still harv sometimes, bought 2 inorganic and provide myself with energy and matter ess

still like to buy HE instead of making them though ^^

Once was a harvester/mixer/seller, now due to mini events I am a harvester/mixer/user. its a pain to harvest just what I need for HE, let alone provide for the EL market hoping to make a small profit if any. Harvest 2k silver ore, break a harvest medallion (or three) and you are in the red, no profit to be made. harvest without the medallion and wait for the headache that is sure to follow (orange spam). IMO its not worth it. Easier to just mix my own, and go about my EL life. ;)

I harvested quite lot also before harvest events and harvest quite lot even now, that's not the problem...

Sometimes I am not able to sell 5k HEs and 1k SRs in a week on my bot (and it sells HEs @7.1gc, SRs @14.5gc ..

these prices are there for a long time now - at least 6 months).

So usually i don't bother to make more until all are gone ...

Edited by groomsh

I harvested quite lot also before harvest events and harvest quite lot even now, that's not the problem...

Sometimes I am not able to sell 5k HEs and 1k SRs in a week on my bot (and it sells HEs @7.1gc, SRs @14.5gc ..

these prices are there for a long time now - at least 6 months).

Don't bother with your bot, just: /korrode selling HE

;)

One annoying thing with HE is the food costs. I would say that is the 2nd biggest reason for there not being enough HE.

No, that doesn't play a part at all. It hasn't changed and with mules in game there is no shortage of mixing food. Besides, steel bars are abundantly available and cost 5 more food. A harvester's choices have been broadened:

- iron @ .87gc per emu but close to storage

- quartzes @ 1gc per emu

- emeralds @ 1gc per emu

- diamonds @ 1.16 per emu

- silver @ 1.25gc per emu

- extract flowers except toadstools/mullein/tree mushroom @ 1.5gc per emu

Funny thing is, the cheaper per emu, the easier to find, since time is a more valued commodity.

Wow....can you add in average steps to storage to that? (asks for something that would be harder to provide, but goes with the "easier to find" notion.

Won't do you any good. 35-40 minutes for me to load 840 emu with wormwood. The few steps to storage don't matter at all.

IMo it would be batter to add mini harv events to negative perks, who want it will get few pp's. Well i havn't played EL for some time, but tried mini events and they will destroy game. It was good side of EL that you could put char on harving and do something else. That didn't effect game too much, cause you would need to send him to storage and back, normal events were enough to disturb you. Silver price was 2.5 gc even before them, now i would increased price to 3.5 cause it's too much of work and it's even more booring. With this price of HE will go to NPC price, so fighters will buy it form NPC and almost no1 will mix them.

This is only now with HE's, but sam will happen with other products. Only what will still be playable will be fighting.

Let's be real, EL is going down for last 2-3 years. How many are there active players (without alts), more less than before. I wouldn't recommend friend to play EL cause now it's not even worth to kill time, but that's critical point of EL, only players can drag other players (their friends) to play it and help them in lvl-ing. Total new players (without knowing anyone in EL) will quit after few days.

For me it's sad that game with very good potential to became very good game will end like nothing. Only who is to blame is Radu if he didn't have such ego and wannabe teh god and if he listen more players and their suggestions. Well that's my opinion, it's Radu's game and he can do whatever he want wit it.

This was my first so long post, but probably the last ;D

Let be honest.

Silver is a precious ingredient of many products, not only HEs.

Top favourite place for silver and, especially, the health essences - the Trassian cave: is gone.

Mini events - not such a horrible change, but BIG reason of harvesting alts disappearing. That reduced amount of all harvestables rapidly.

Other interesting changes caused increase of a/d training (instances).

See it?

It's simple. All by all, there are less players harvesting and more are doing something else. Why not? They deserve it. Maybe less new players are harvesting and the older are moving to higher league. Current silver harvesters could not cover the demand.

Many people before me stated it correctly and pointed it out - like srs vs. brs for potion training. And fighters are often trying undercut the price - that does not encourage mixer to make things for selling.

Speaking for myself, not so hardcore harvester any more, I want to play too :pickaxe: And why should I make HEs or srs if I can earn gc by another way - I think this is also point which have many harvesters found.

Peace 8)

edit add: ... after view into Ermabwed's storage I think this is useless :) but just in case: If you want to make an srs order to me, feel free to ask!

Edited by Vidriel

Just something i noticed in the past days: People trying to sell SRs on market get approached by other who offer 13.5kgc each and won't go higher. Why? Because they wanna sell the SRs on and make some profit.

This particular seller harvests all his ingreds himself, and even then won't make massive profit.

But in other cases, people who buy the BQ and maybe even the bsf, would get double screwed situations similar to this one: harvesters won't budge and even raised the silver price (and keep trying to get more for iron and coal as well, for example), end product buyers always want to pay less, and try to get the price down, so where does that leave the mixer? Right... most of them simply will keep their stuff to use for other skills.

Dilly, i don't see a problem on the "consumers" or the "raw material suppliers" point of view. Of course both groups should try to get the most profit... But i do see a problem on the mixers side, every trying to "undercut" the other.

If someone want to buy for price bellow you want to sell, just don't sell, if enough mixers did that, they would get larger profit.

In fact, nothing really changed to harvesting and alching, even with the mini events it's still boring as hell to dedicate urself to lvl in this skill once ur above a certain lvl..

Especially harvesting, the people with higher harv lvls have millions of resources harved but only 120 each hour gets exp..

Everytime i leave this game for a while and i come back, prices changed (all the time towards more expensive, never cheaper)..

But what we keep on forgetting is that the harvesters themself are ruining the economy by increasing the prices, which goes towards the fact that the usual buyers stopped buying (besides those that dont mind to pay 2.5 for silver and 3.5 for iron, which is pretty much crazy)

I did not change much in my prices, my he's are sold for ~7 (always been this price) and the steel bars are priced at 48gc (no fun to make them anymore tho)

I used to make loads of he's, i think i made 80% of my lvl 100 with he's only, so this counts for around 400-450k he's..

I used to buy a lot of silver at 2gc and make he's to sell at 6.5 with a few even at 6 and in guild for just 5..

To keep me selling at these prices i can't buy silver at 2.5 nor iron at 3.5 cause then i'll have to up my prices, which i dont wanna do..

It's the community itself that has to protect price increasing, a LOT of players buy at the forum market harvesting shop everyone knows it, but as in RL the biggest supplier makes the price, so if the harvesting shop changes silver price at 3 newbies will notice that also and change their price to 3 also..

This way it won't take long untill we indeed be better of buying he's at the npc and in this way kill the player market fully..

I harv my silver atm and can't say i really hate the mini events, i still harv 5k silver a day or around 3-3.5k diamonds a day..

Sure, this used to be more, but as i mentioned earlier, harvesting always has been boring..

I watch tv during harvesting and its easy to see when u stopped harving, just dont leave the comp when ur harvesting, cause indeed, with the mini events that is pretty much impossible to do..

But what we keep on forgetting is that the harvesters themself are ruining the economy by increasing the prices, which goes towards the fact that the usual buyers stopped buying (besides those that dont mind to pay 2.5 for silver and 3.5 for iron, which is pretty much crazy)
They are doing what people are supposed to do, trying to get the most benefit for their work, i don't really see a problem here. If the prices were "frozen" in a communist way, then i would see a problem.
I did not change much in my prices, my he's are sold for ~7 (always been this price) and the steel bars are priced at 48gc (no fun to make them anymore tho)
To keep me selling at these prices i can't buy silver at 2.5 nor iron at 3.5 cause then i'll have to up my prices, which i dont wanna do..
You should try to adapt to new times, being a trader is more or less a game where you try to get the best opportunities.
It's the community itself that has to protect price increasing, a LOT of players buy at the forum market harvesting shop everyone knows it, but as in RL the biggest supplier makes the price, so if the harvesting shop changes silver price at 3 newbies will notice that also and change their price to 3 also..
If they increase the price too much, people can undercut them, and then they lose business opportunities, its how the things work in real life too.

Lorck, I was just looking for an explanation as to why possibly, more 'mixers' are holding on to their stuff or only selling to guildies and friends.

My drive in EL is not to make profit like a maniac. I play a game to relax, not to have another job that doesn't even pay me cash. I am too lazy, and bothered too little to expect to make good profit anyways. Sure I could harvest my own silver or iron or coal, but seen as I have always had a strong dislike towards harvesting, I decided to buy it all (i usually only harvest the flowers, and atm gypsum), and spend the time that saves me on the things that I do enjoy. My levels allow me to basically make close to anything I could possibly want to make, and if I really can't get my raw materials on market, I'll just harv what I need or go get it from an NPC.

Increased market prices are what they are, but if apparently an endproduct buyer feels the need to posts on this forum because there is a lack of things that he needs to be able to train, then I do still think that the post I made earlier explains at least part of the reason for the problem.

Dilly, in my point of view there is no shortage of SR's on the market. And the shortage of HEs/AEs are due to most alchers doing steel bars instead of those two essences, this also in my opinion. Prices gone up for all the raw material items, why i can find steel bars readly available for selling and for the essences i need to resort to friends?

Your way of playing the game is fine and all, but some players want to get gc (to be able to train expensive skills and/or just look cool), and why not the most gc they can? its natural of their human nature. To try to force the harvesters to sell for lower prices "for the benefit of everyone else" is just anti-capitalist, imo.

I find that making a small qty of HE a nice side effect of silver mining. I just take in fruit & Chrys and make what HE I can and keep eating the fruit. Very small qty per trip, but a nice little bonus when mining silver.