Sign in to follow this  
Ozmondius

Irinveron Yeti Spawns

Anyone who trains in the Irin yeti spawns understands a few things:

1) The south spawn is the best non-pk yeti spawn in the game

2) People wait for hours to get it

3) The north spawn is often unused

4) The north spawn is arguably the second best yeti spawn in the game

My thought is that usually people wait in line, often a long one, for the south spawn instead of training the north spawn because they fear losing their turn at the south spawn. There are more and more people training yeti and more coming up through the ranks. As I trained the north spawn and watched person after person walk by me to wait in line for the south, I had a thought: why not start the "line" at the north spawn. The person training the north spawn is next in line for the south. Instead of waiting hours in line, maybe you can get some training in while waiting for the better spawn. It would take some coordination and cooperation, but maybe it could work and everyone could be more productive?

What are your thoughts?

Makes sense, would take cooperation for it too work. Taking the south spawn out of turn would be concidered serping then.

More Yeti spawns would be good too. If you are not training you are not taking the chance of losing a Brick, more yetis, more bricks. Good for the game.

De NooB DaveMage

Edited by Inglor

Lol attila, when have you ever seriously trained yeti? but yes, I usually just go to the iscarlrith spawns. easier to get and I don't mind walking through doors. usually I see hecklar or talloth in the spawns, but there is 5 spawns in the caves, singles but I'd rather get exp while waiting for the "double" there. I'd say 50% of yeti trainers have hellspawn, so the outside/inriveron spawns are really the only option for them. adding more yeti spawns, with decreased spawns and decreasing say nmt/arti rare drops instead of the GC drops would do alot of good.

When i get some good astro, i go to irinveron, and i usually find the "bad" north spawn open, and i train on it. Dunno why people don't go fight them, its still good exp & drops, at least for me. :confused:

Btw, i agree that the yeti spawn time should be lowered, and you just can't have everything. If for more spawns/lower respawn time we have to accept lowered drops, i think its a fine deal.

Lol attila, when have you ever seriously trained yeti? but yes, I usually just go to the iscarlrith spawns. easier to get and I don't mind walking through doors. usually I see hecklar or talloth in the spawns, but there is 5 spawns in the caves, singles but I'd rather get exp while waiting for the "double" there. I'd say 50% of yeti trainers have hellspawn, so the outside/inriveron spawns are really the only option for them. adding more yeti spawns, with decreased spawns and decreasing say nmt/arti rare drops instead of the GC drops would do alot of good.

I trained Yeti when you was a wee one and your mom was still changing your diapers, guess that was last year :whistle:

Attila :confused:

Oh please, mother jokes how intellectual. I don't mind though, seeing as your an old bloke I won't have to put up with you much longer.

On topic: Lorck, most of the yeti trainers would rather keep it as is, instead of lowering the gc drops again w/lowered spawn times. They instead would prefer for the capes/books/rings drops etc to be lowered. boedha who has 48 toughness, still gets crits from cockatrice for 50s lol. At that point, I find it incredibly stupid to remove instinct to put into vitality unless your at the level where your defence level is high enough that 48 coord is all you'll need to block 90%. (5% already from update).

Ozmo's idea makes too much sense not to do it.

I'll use the proposed system... but really need to see a lot of the other regular irinveron yeti trainers posting here saying they'll play too.

Edited by Korrode

Oh please, mother jokes how intellectual. I don't mind though, seeing as your an old bloke I won't have to put up with you much longer.

On topic: Lorck, most of the yeti trainers would rather keep it as is, instead of lowering the gc drops again w/lowered spawn times. They instead would prefer for the capes/books/rings drops etc to be lowered. boedha who has 48 toughness, still gets crits from cockatrice for 50s lol. At that point, I find it incredibly stupid to remove instinct to put into vitality unless your at the level where your defence level is high enough that 48 coord is all you'll need to block 90%. (5% already from update).

tbh i wouldnt mind if the Gc gets lowered, if its the amount Radu said (15gc less average)

considering the lines at spawns, i'd have to agree :\

Maybe we make another poll for 35 sec respawn single spawns and not bitch about drops this time?

It's a nice idea.. And I would consider doing it.. Although, people say more Yeti spawns are needed, I'd like another 1-4 Cockatrice spawns in-game. AFAIK there are 4 'trice spawns, and 2 of them (WV are sucky to train because WV map lags/6 million trees, impossible to click anywhere).

Anyways, I'm not to bothered if people do this or not, sitting afk waiting for a spawn is usually no big problem. And whenever I am on that spawn, people come, and leave, and not wait.. Only people I really see waiting for that spawn, is Smurf, Incubus, me, and maybe a few others.

Good luck with it either way, I prefer my OA exp, than drops.. So I'll stick to my trice. ;)

I'd like another 1-4 Cockatrice spawns in-game. AFAIK there are 4 'trice spawns, and 2 of them (WV are sucky to train because WV map lags/6 million trees, impossible to click anywhere).

I'd honestly LOVE to be able to train trice. I know i have the levels/attribs to do it too...

...but can't, because 400ms ping and 70dmg+ crits = too many poofed rostos :\

EDIT: errr.. soz for off-topic comment ;p

Edited by Korrode

I'd like another 1-4 Cockatrice spawns in-game. AFAIK there are 4 'trice spawns, and 2 of them (WV are sucky to train because WV map lags/6 million trees, impossible to click anywhere).

I'd honestly LOVE to be able to train trice. I know i have the levels/attribs to do it too...

...but can't, because 400ms ping and 70dmg+ crits = too many poofed rostos :\

EDIT: errr.. soz for off-topic comment ;p

that would actually be a pretty good idea, add a few more trice in EL, there still are a few un-used cave that can be added 1-3 trice, or a combo of trice+fluff, trice+chim etc, if needed i can take some screenshots of a few un-used areas that would be appropriate for them