Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RallosZek

IDA helm nerf

Hi,

with the latest nerf of the ice dragon armor, the radiation protection is gone on the helm. I think the nerf was intended for PK perhaps a/d training, where CoL is pretty much the hat of choice, so can we get the rad protection back for it's harvest hat value?

If you wear an ice dragon helm for radiation protection, perhaps you would like a steel helm instead. They cut radon pouch damage down to 15 from 30 and they cost a lot less than dragon armor.

I don't understand why they would want to devalue something that is rarely used.

People don't really use Ice Dragon Helms that much, do they?

Not for PK, lets put it that way.

And I'd be surprised if it was actually used at all.. Apart from the Harvesting, but you're best off using Steel Helmet tbh.

The ice dragon helm is 2 emu, has heat+cold protection, some extra health/mana and had rad protection. That was the reason I bought one - the "all in one for 2 emu" deal. Steel helm is worse then tit greaves, cause at least tit greaves have cold protection.

I think its a good and reasoned proposal. The nerf of IDA was meant to reduce its power on pk, and the helm isn't trully used one pk.

I think its a good and reasoned proposal. The nerf of IDA was meant to reduce its power on pk, and the helm isn't trully used one pk.

Indeed.

If radu was trying to make the dragons armors worse, he should change the radiation protection on the Red Dragon Helm of Life and Mana, since that's the dragon helmet that most people use now.

The only thing that I can think of that gives radiation damage from players is a radioactive titanium long sword.

The only thing that I can think of that gives radiation damage from players is a radioactive titanium long sword.

I can think of a radio rapier too.

Edited by Garnoo

Yeah:

Radioactive Titanium Long = 14 rad damage

Radioactive Rapier = 15 rad damage

Scythe = 5 rad damage

I still think changing the RDHOL&M, to make it a little less 'good' is a idea radu should consider. :confused:

wow.....didn't know that much was radioactive. How about "I glow in the dark"?

I Glow in the Dark

Costs: 7 pickpoints, 250 gc

Causes 5 points of damage to any enemy in combat.

Every time you hit or are hit, your opponents take 5 additional points of damage.

I.E.: the counterpart of gelatine bones perk. Nothing to do with weapons giving radioactive damage, nor with armor giving radioactive protection.

Edited by Dilly

I still think changing the RDHOL&M, to make it a little less 'good' is a idea radu should consider. :)

Because everyone is using it and it ruins the PK, right?

I still think changing the RDHOL&M, to make it a little less 'good' is a idea radu should consider. :)

You changed the Ice Dragon Armor because it was quite OP, same goes with the helmet. :)

You changed the Ice Dragon Armor because it was quite OP, same goes with the helmet. :)

Seen as how fragile the RDHoL&M are (broke 2 of them in the last 6 weeks myself), and seen as 120kgc still is quite a fair amount to have to spend to replace it after it breaks, I'd say the OPdness is pretty justified. And I believe that was the idea when Radu introduced that helmet, as well as scythes: something that's well worth using, but also quite expensive, and very fragile.

Seems to me this helmet turned out exactly what it was supposed to be.

You changed the Ice Dragon Armor because it was quite OP, same goes with the helmet. :(

The helmet was changed for consistency.

I don't see the virtue of that. Also, all dragon helms have radiation protection *except* ice dragon and consistency of the armor line should be preferred over consistency of a change set.

I don't see the virtue of that. Also, all dragon helms have radiation protection *except* ice dragon and consistency of the armor line should be preferred over consistency of a change set.

Not really. ice dragon helms is made from a different material than red dragon helms for example. Consistency is over material properties (whether a particular material can do radiation protection or not).

Edited by hussam