Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Input on a ~70 to ~110 a/d PK tournament

DO NOT VOTE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE POST  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you compete in such a tournament?

• Yes, irrelevant of equipment restrictions.
    • Yes, but only if there's certain equipment restrictions.
    • No, because I am unwilling to pay a 2000gc entry fee.
  2. 2. What degree of equipment restrictions is best?

• Allow everything except BRoD.
    • Allow everything except BRoD, BoD and Bronze Swords.
    • Use Korrode's 'Showdown' set of equipment restrictions.
  3. 3. Where should the event be held?

• Kilaran Field, so there's no death penalty.
    • WhiteStone Arena, so there's rosto/drop death penalty.

DO NOT VOTE IN THE ABOVE POLLS UNTIL YOU'VE READ THE BELOW INFORMATION.

I often hear players ~70 to ~110 a/d say that currently PK in EL is simply suicide for them, so i am considering running a PK tournament with Combat Level based weight classes. (The Combat Level calculation is not perfect, but it works well enough for determining melee combat strength, and it's all we've got :P )

Firstly; do NOT vote in these polls unless your attack+defense is equal to or higher than 140, but equal to or lower than 220, as this event will only be for people who meet that criteria.

IF YOU MEET THE CRITERIA BUT SIMPLY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN PK, THEN DON'T VOTE.

As i am an active PK'er from an active PK guild, i understand many people may be unwilling to divulge detailed information about their attribute setup to me for calculation of their combat level. Luckily, WolfWitch (who, for any of you that don't know, is an official game moderator) has graciously offered to handle obtaining your stats and calculating your combat level, then giving me only your combat level.

The event will be a Melee Combat tournament (but, all Magic spells will be allowed). Any forms of summoning, ranging or mine-laying will not be allowed.

There would be a 2000gc entry fee. This is mainly an attempt to try and ensure those who sign up actually show up on the day, as competitors not showing up can really screw up the event plan/layout.

The gc collected from entry fees will go into the prize pool.

To make this tournament as enjoyable for as many people as possible, i have a few questions to ask all those that meet the entry criteria, of which you can see in the form of polls above. I'll go into a bit more detail on each of the asked questions:

-------------------------

"Would you compete in such a tournament?"

1. "Yes, irrelevant of equipment restrictions."

Choose this if you would sign up to compete even if your preference on equipment restrictions is not going to be used.

2. "Yes, but only if there's certain equipment restrictions."

Choose this if you will only sign up to compete if your choice of equipment restrictions (from the options in question 2) is used.

3. "No, because I am unwilling to pay a 2000gc entry fee."

This one is pretty self-explanatory, do note though, that I will not run the event without an entry fee, so if mostly people select this it doesn't mean the event will happen without entry fee, it means the event wont happen at all.

"What degree of equipment restrictions is best?"

The first 2 choices here are self explanatory, the third option;

"Use Korrode's 'Showdown' set of equipment restrictions."

...means that the following equipment restrictions would be used:

Certain weapons and items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).

The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).

Any fire/ice/magic/thermal sword.

Medallion of Life.

BRoD and BoD.

Normal Branch and Bone.

Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia).

The Bronze Sword.

Dragon Armors.

Ranging equipment (bows/crossbows/quivers).

Mines/Caltrops

This is a test of strategy and strength, not riches and items with random chance magical effects.

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

Normal Iron, Steel, Titanium and Bronze armors.

All normal shields up to titanium.

Moon, Unicorn, Stars and Sun medallions.

Crowns of Life and Mana.

Any Cape.

Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.

Any non-enchanted weapons. (any weapons listed in the "Weapons" page in the encyclopedia (that's page 1, not page 2; which has the "Enchanted Weapons"))

The 3rd question is self explanatory.

REMEMBER: Only vote in these polls if you meet the a/d criteria for the event, and if you meet it but are not interested in PK, just don't vote.

If there's any questions, feel free to post :(

First to vote for a change :P

I like the showdown equipment, but voted for the 2nd, cause i dont really mind the mol, nor any ice/fir/therm weaps besides the serp sword ones..

I neither mind what to pay for this event if it will ever take place..

As long as it takes place on a weekend, since european players aint able to play in certain american timezone..

Edited by MasterZen

Also, i will consider extending it up to a+d=240 (~120 a/d) if it doesn't look like there'd be that many competitors in the 70-110 range... but if there's lots, the 110-120 a/d ppls will have to miss out now, but i'll see about running another tournament for them soon.

NOTE: that does NOT mean if you're between a+d=220 and a+d=240 you should vote.

edit:

As long as it takes place on a weekend, since european players aint able to play in certain american timezone..

I'll use my usual timeslot on a weekend, which is like evening for europe, afternoon for USA, and annoying early morning for asia and oceania :S (not so early for NZ).

edit2:

also people please spam all your friends in 70-110 a/d range about this thread :P

Edited by Korrode

Isnt 70-110 too big gap? Im sure that we have enough ppl to make 70-90, 91-110 and 111-130.
with Combat Level based weight classes.

There'll be "weight classes" (like maybe gaps of ~20 CL).

i.e. 70's a/d people wont be fighting 100's a/d people.

I voted for

1. Equipment restrictions

2. Korr's Showdown Equipment restrictions

3. KF

And nice idea the weight classes

Hope I can be online if the event goes on successfully ;)

Edited by FanG

I followed the rules and didn't vote, but, good luck on others following it. I think this general idea is great.

i actually wanna allow MoL and MoM in showdown rules, but allowing MoL makes knowing if a certain piece of orange spam equipment is in use or not hard.

anyways i'll prolly allow MoL and MoM.

Ok well, it's been a couple of days now and there's clear majorities in the votes, so i'll post thread for the tournament and start making arrangements soon.

apologies for the delay in getting this comp started, but turns our i'm quite busy next 3 weekends, so it'll still be a week or 2 before i make a post and start taking entrants.