Eternal Lands Official Forums
Soul

Item restrictions

Dragon armor requires human nexus 7.

Ah. Right. No drop is a slightly different topic then. Or at least a side item.

It would not work for what Soul wants, which seems to be KF specific and seems to relate to dragon armor wearing opponents being too hard for him.

Well, I dont think that evening up pk by making everyone use the same armor will solve the pk problem...it would only make fights last longer which would be boring imo :| And nathan, i didnt say dragon-armor users are 2 hard for me

Since EL has always been designed to be open and flexible, putting in required levels to be able to wear an item doesn't seen right.

Hmmm EL isnt open and flexible though....... If I dont train my magic I cant cast Higher spells, If I dont train summoning I cant summon Dragons, So Why if you dont train a/d should you able to use the top tier items ?

Giving items a REQ level would make the lower level capped arena's more competative aswell, since low levels players will all be equally geared

Since EL has always been designed to be open and flexible, putting in required levels to be able to wear an item doesn't seen right.

What if a recommended level was added, and that affected the break rate of the item? So, you can still look pretty, but how much of a risk ia a low level player take in breaking expensive items?

If penalties Must be given, the only thing that should have a higher chance of breaking is a sword, but that should only go so far. A person not knowing how to use a certain weapon or piece of armor may be clumsier though.

Now, if you guys really want penalties, how about you combine some notions. A person will get used to wearing armor or using a weapon eventually, even if they are not all that great. They could Learn to use it for each strike or block they perform. One "book" per human nexus. Each time they use the item, they could get a point in that "book" and every lower "book". If a person doesn't have enough points for that level, he would get a penalty of the 1/2 the percent of points that they are lacking. This is the only way that I think it would be fair to do this and it would penalize the older players that don't usually wear armor just as much as the newbs.