Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anamir

More Allarounders in the game

If u ask for a fighter y he dont mix some potions or armors, rings etc the ansewr is allways the same: I wont spend pickpoints with nexus cause i have to spend all of them in my attributes. I think this, in some way, limits the point of view of some players that as soon as he get his player stronger enough he just quit .. sell the char and etc. IMO ppl should have an alternative to fight without ruin the char for any other skill. So i was thinking in some *very* rare capes that comes in drops for *very* stronger monster such as:

Excavator Cloak of inorganic -> excavator perk + 4 inorganic nexus

Fast regeneration of Magic -> FR + 4 magic nexus

Power saving of vegetal -> PS + 4 vegetal nexus

No more tear of human -> NMT+ 4 human (so some workers can fight using dragon armors /great swords etc.)

Conjurer cape of Animal -> Conjurer + 4 animal nexus

Of course they would not mix the top items of any skill.. but they could be considered as "amateurs" in the skill...

Well i dont know (im terrible with names for items ..) but i really think this would improve a lot the playability (such word exists??). THats my idea .. The "buy nexus with hyd" should do some like that but after the removal stones they r used (almost) only to get more pickpoints to spend @ attributes ... i make potions and alchemy and i still can fight a little (well ok i die a lot) but this "formula" kept me playing for 4+ years ..

Fell free to comment/improve.

Not a good idea imo.

If a fighter really wants to mix things then just stop buying nexus and removing them to attributes.

If they are going to use the system to their ability in that way then why make it so they can have the best of both worlds?

In EL you have choices to either become a straight fighter with the loss of ability to manufacture items unless you give up the PP for the nexuses.

Now not only will they be able to continue OP their characters but then they will be able to cut out the people who actually spent the PP on nexus to manufacture items and loose out on the profit made selling the items to the fighters who cant mix them.

Instead of more capes, I think it would be more fun (and more useful to a wider cross-section of people) to have a #day of nexus. It could be random (like Scholar's day is) that adds 1-5 nexus to one of the categories. This week it might be +3 to Inorganic. Next week you might get a +1 to animal.

Since so many of the #days have good and bad versions (for balance) then perhaps the range should be from -5 to +5. But I think the negative numbers would be too frustrating to people (kind of like bad astro) so I'd lean towards positive only.

Because of the problem of equipping things that would last past the #day, perhaps human nexus could be excluded from the possibilities.

Because of the problem of equipping things that would last past the #day, perhaps human nexus could be excluded from the possibilities.

Or make it so if you don't have the nexus to wear the item you cannot move until you take it off.

Just like when I am in mule form and morph back to regular I have more than I should be able to carry and cannot move until I either drop the items in a bag or drop in storage.

This would stop others who also #reset wearing things like CoL/armors and train wearing them without the proper nexus.

Not a good idea imo.

If a fighter really wants to mix things then just stop buying nexus and removing them to attributes.

If they are going to use the system to their ability in that way then why make it so they can have the best of both worlds?

In EL you have choices to either become a straight fighter with the loss of ability to manufacture items unless you give up the PP for the nexuses.

Now not only will they be able to continue OP their characters but then they will be able to cut out the people who actually spent the PP on nexus to manufacture items and loose out on the profit made selling the items to the fighters who cant mix them.

Hi Paul,

i can understando your point of view but what im telling is that fighters (most of them) just wont stop stucking pps @ attributes .. they just cant .. the fight in KF is, now more than ever, very intense and few pickpoints is the limit between life and death. U may say "ok .. so let them just fight and let me mix my stuffs" and i understand that too .. but i think if they could mix some basic items of every skill everybody would enjoy more the game. At the end is all about have some fun .. so let them have some fun in MANY ways .. this would (i think, and i can be wrong of course) stop a little this "quiting" and "sell char" and all ..

Instead of more capes, I think it would be more fun (and more useful to a wider cross-section of people) to have a #day of nexus. It could be random (like Scholar's day is) that adds 1-5 nexus to one of the categories. This week it might be +3 to Inorganic. Next week you might get a +1 to animal.

Since so many of the #days have good and bad versions (for balance) then perhaps the range should be from -5 to +5. But I think the negative numbers would be too frustrating to people (kind of like bad astro) so I'd lean towards positive only.

Yes .. that was my first idea .. but i think it wouldnt happen as we idealize .. no book would be readed to. maybe some day. i can mix. with a lot of failure. one augmented pants ... with an equiped item the fighters could really train the skill .. improve them advance some levels .. train a skill is about constance .. make the thing with some regularity. thats y a random day wouldnt work too (IMHO)

About the "equiped thing with more human nexus" i think when u reset and keep e.g. a COL equiped u CAN walk .. but if u die (even with rosto) u drop the item (i really heard this from anyone that i cant remember and im not sure about if this is true but it could avoid what u said).

They are free to do as I did - buy nexus for hydro bars.

It's not so hard, I bought 24, only animal left before I have for everything.

Fighters do already buy nexus and buy removal stones to get more attributes, it's a choice what you want to spend your pp on.

(I did'nt buy a lot from the EL-shop and nothing from goldsellers, it's hard work.) :)

Edited by Zamirah

Yes .. that was my first idea .. but i think it wouldnt happen as we idealize .. no book would be readed to. maybe some day. i can mix. with a lot of failure. one augmented pants ... with an equiped item the fighters could really train the skill .. improve them advance some levels .. train a skill is about constance .. make the thing with some regularity. thats y a random day wouldnt work too (IMHO)

I don't agree with that. Mixers already know about stocking up for special #days (scholars, joule, etc). This would be no different. You'd train up a skill with the normal grinding methods we all know and love and have some ingredients saved away hoping for the right nexus #day so you can try to mix something good.

It would be very similar to what people do know with the no-knowledge #day, try some stuff you haven't read the book for. But a nexus #day would force you to read the book (gc sink anyone) in the hopes you'd get a chance to try a mix.

Excavator Cloak of inorganic -> excavator perk + 4 inorganic nexus

Fast regeneration of Magic -> FR + 4 magic nexus

Power saving of vegetal -> PS + 4 vegetal nexus

No more tear of human -> NMT+ 4 human (so some workers can fight using dragon armors /great swords etc.)

Conjurer cape of Animal -> Conjurer + 4 animal nexus

Since they give 4 nexus points, those capes should be ubber-rare and cost at least 2M gc (buying 4 nexus for ~500k gc equals that).

Also have a chance of breaking in whatever they do...

Excavator Cloak of inorganic -> break while harvesting

Fast regeneration of Magic -> break while using magic

Power saving of vegetal -> break while mixing

No more tear of human -> break while fighting

Conjurer cape of Animal -> break while summoning

Since they give 4 nexus points, those capes should be ubber-rare and cost at least 2M gc (buying 4 nexus for ~500k gc equals that).
Also have a chance of breaking in whatever they do...

A cape worth 2M that can break? That's a good way to have them not used, or not worth anywhere near 2M.

It's a nice idea, and one that has come up before.. I still prefer the idea of a #day than a cape.. 6 hours of making/leveling what you want isn't so bad, if you think how often it will happen.

(May even increase PK cos of people doing hydro runs, and make people loose bricks. :))

How does this benefit people who put points into nexus already? Do we all just reset?

Too powerful IMo, but of course all the pure fighters will love it.

How does this benefit people who put points into nexus already? Do we all just reset?

I have to agree with you on this.

This idea is only geared toward people who don't want to spend PP on nexuses or do buy nexuses but only to remove them with stones.

I think that if you want to mix then you are forced to spend the hydro or OA points on nexuses to mix.

Here is a better idea....

All those fighters who are buying hydro nexus actually keep the nexus for a little while BEFORE removing and manufacture some items you need.

maybe merging the no-knowledge and no-nexus #day in a single one would be interesting... so in THAT day every player that have the enought level could mix/craft/wear/harvest whatever he/she wants :)

You forgot that most pkers never got past the fold out page of human/elf/dwarf fighting. On topic though, you also forgot 'cape of the raging mixer' . Whereas you take all their nexus points and divide by 6, truncate the decimal point and apply the whole integer to all attributes accross the board. Ok, too strong, leave out the human nexus in the formula.

I like the #day thing too. So then instead of a cape that cost 3mill gc (probably) a fighter can wait for the day, and even when the day happens newbies can use it to.

Edited by BunnieRabbit

I don't mind the idea of a day like that, but in general, I think that if a person builds their character so heavily towards one thing, they should admit they screwed up and go buy the removal stones. They should not have to rely on a special day or a special cape to fix the problems that they created by just dumping all of their pickpoints into a specific thing. Next thing you know, they might put all pickpoints into vitality and will and just sit there shrugging off cyclops attacks and then wonder why they can't make any good potions or rings or anything.

Yes. All the pure fighters would love having an unfair advantage. Especially since it being a cape would most likely make it a monster drop which the fighters would bring into the game while they train. The cape notion is no good.

How does this benefit people who put points into nexus already? Do we all just reset? Too powerful IMo, but of course all the pure fighters will love it.

If the nexus is random, and the bonus range is also random (1-5 for example) you could wait months for the right #day, with the right nexus, with the right bonus, at a time when you're actually in-game to use it. That's not "too powerful". :pickaxe:

Better idea is to remove the negative perks that make certain nexuses so expensive.

For example;

As a competitive PK'er, taking inorganic 2 does not in fact cost me 2 pickpoints, it actually costs me more like 17 pickpoints.

If i'm going to harvest silver so i can make my own HE's, i don't just need inorg 2, i also need to not have HoS and HS.

If i'm going to level manu, crafting, etc., i don't just need the pp's for the nexus, i also pretty well need to be not Antisocial, 'costing' me another 10 pickpoints.

Removing those kind of perks altogether solves the situation, as it brings the cost of inorg 2, for a competitive PK'er, down to a true 2 pickpoints.

I'd love to see Anti, HoS and HS removed from the game, so long as it comes with monster stat changes for Chims->Yeti to compensate for the lack of attributes we'd all have.

Edited by Korrode

Better idea is to remove the negative perks that make certain nexuses so expensive.

<snip>

I'd love to see Anti, HoS and HS removed from the game, so long as it comes with monster stat changes for Chims->Yeti to compensate for the lack of attributes we'd all have.

I completely agree that certain perks (such as HoS and antisocial) are overpowered (that they should either have more consequences, or give fewer pickpoints).

I don't think there would be much issue in the gap of chims -> yeti, so much as the ever-increasing number of fighters hitting the wall of being stuck on yeti forevermore (and quitting).