Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anamir

More Allarounders in the game

I don't think there would be much issue in the gap of chims -> yeti, so much as the ever-increasing number of fighters hitting the wall of being stuck on yeti forevermore (and quitting).

I'm not really meaning "the gap" between chims and yeti, i was meaning stats changes to all creatures from chims to yeti (from chims to trice, actually).

i.e. i suggested to remove those perks, so a lot of people would be down 20+ pp's, and since already a person can't train a chim/yeti until they're well over the creatures a/d, not lowering the monster's dex/react would make the amount of a/d you need over them too high. (i think it's balanced and sensical to need more a/d than the creature to 'train' them, just not way too far over.)

It is nice ideea, but:

1. only if the nexuses gained from those items can be used in producing only some items....

2. do not include human and animal nexus in there

Only reason i think this would not be implemented in any form to the game is beacause radu is always saying that people are responsible for their own character.

So if u decide to not gain experience in other skills but harv/att and def, u will be stuck with that untill u decide to gain some experience in other skills also, i don''t think Radu will help them with that in any way.

I believe i read somewhere that korrode has 6 skills at 0, thats his choice, why would the game help him to change that?

And like Zamirah said, she worked hard to get certain pp's and certain skills at certain lvls, i think especially for players like Zamirah it would be unfair to have such days, she spent 5 pp's on vegetal and suddenly a day appears which would make her spend pp's worhtless (since there are no pots with vegetal need of 7+)

Cause its not only the fighters that are effected with these days, also the known all arounders are effected, those that have spend so many time to build their chars, it would feel like loss time if u put in such days.

my 2cents

if you want more allrounders in the game, then favor the allrounders, not the onesided pk'ers.

I have invested some points in nexuses and it was my choice, cause i think its more fun that way. I still think, i'm a bit an allrounder but with focus on fighting.

If some 'pure' fighters have no fun in the game when they reach some level, thats certainly more a problem of fighting/pk part of the game, not the nexus part.

So we should think of changes in that field. Why e..g not favor fighting in a group more compared to fighting alone, then the need to be the one top PP buyer would be reduced maybe.

The proposal, that you make, just questions the whole PP system. To rethink that system is probably a good idea, but the proposed capes are not a good idea imho.

Rethinking the PP system could involve introducing 2 kinds of PP and diversify the whole skill system that way, but this will be a bigger debate.

If some 'pure' fighters have no fun in the game when they reach some level, thats certainly more a problem of fighting/pk part of the game, not the nexus part.

So we should think of changes in that field. Why e..g not favor fighting in a group more compared to fighting alone, then the need to be the one top PP buyer would be reduced maybe.

Rethinking the PP system could involve introducing 2 kinds of PP and diversify the whole skill system that way, but this will be a bigger debate.

Yes, fighting as group would be nice.

I think a reason for so many high level fighters to leave is the endless levelling.

You get a level, all other do the same.

It's why I got tired of fighting in this game.

I think a cap on everything but oa would be the only way to make people stay.

When people have no reason to train will they have more time for PK.

And dragons should be stronger so they can only be killed if teaming up.

For new players would it be good to know that it's possible to catch up with old players.

And people would use pp for other skills.

Rethinking the PP system would be nice too.

I think a reason for so many high level fighters to leave is the endless levelling.

For new players would it be good to know that it's possible to catch up with old players.

Give dragons a much higher attack skill and "I can't dance". :)

I have done some multi-combat with some friends lately. It is fun. I have seen one guild in SKF training together and they were doing multi-combat. I was even thinking of going after cyclops in a group in EP.

Letting fighters "master" pking would kill the competition and need to keep climbing higher, but it would also make them bored and leave sooner.

If people want more all-arounders in the game, we should encourage people to get those pickpoints and not be a narrow minded killer who only wants to kill something. You should always encourage a new player to have 2 or more skills.

Give dragons a much higher attack skill and "I can't dance". :)

I have done some multi-combat with some friends lately. It is fun. I have seen one guild in SKF training together and they were doing multi-combat. I was even thinking of going after cyclops in a group in EP.

Letting fighters "master" pking would kill the competition and need to keep climbing higher, but it would also make them bored and leave sooner.

If people want more all-arounders in the game, we should encourage people to get those pickpoints and not be a narrow minded killer who only wants to kill something. You should always encourage a new player to have 2 or more skills.

i agree with gnny/korrode - if such things happened we would have soft reset e.i: i would have oa 0/100 and in case of people with bought pps -2/100?