Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Looter

Update Notice

Its become clear that many people either do not use the forum often enough or not at all, i think it would be a good idea to spam the odd message when we have new updates, this way people are aware whats new and will help get people to use the forum more.

Its become clear that many people either do not use the forum often enough or not at all, i think it would be a good idea to spam the odd message when we have new updates, this way people are aware whats new and will help get people to use the forum more.

I know, so many people do not or barely read the forum. I give

returning players update-run-downs, all the time. Perhaps the lastest changes should

Appear in the text on MOTD?

"Hi, and welcome to Eternal Lands...

*News: ?"

Or #news ?

On good and funny quote:

Complainers of the World Unite

"If you play an online game that you enjoy, there's one surefire way to spoil the experience: read the forums on the official site. There you will find a vast

underworld of lost souls keening their misery onto your screen. A game you thought was entertaining, well-balanced and attractive will be torn apart before

your very eyes and pronounced lacking in every conceivable way."

:P

I think only the changes from the last month or two would do. There could be a link that points to the game updates section on the forum. Heck, just the link would do. If Radu wanted, he could probably have it give a message when there was an update within the last month or two.

robotbob, that was a funny quote. That might be true too.

On good and funny quote:

"If you play an online game that you enjoy, there's one surefire way to spoil the experience: read the forums on the official site. There you will find a vast

underworld of lost souls keening their misery onto your screen. A game you thought was entertaining, well-balanced and attractive will be torn apart before

We are WAY ahead of you!!! :):D :D

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...;hl=complainers

On good and funny quote:

We are WAY ahead of you!!! :D:) :)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...;hl=complainers

I did get that link from that particular thread, but I avoided linking a link to a thread,with a link, to a...:D

Easier just to quote it, and reference link the original.

Slimpickens idea could be implemented client side only, since there is already a "click logo" thing added

to the client. Although that may not help those who wish to avoid the forum, but the alternative, is more

text sent by the server. Perhaps the client could check once a day, download it to a file, and the client can display it,

but then we could get a auto update encyclopedia too :)

The news forum has a nice RSS feed, so use it.

Yes, it would be pretty in a box in the www.eternal-lands.com main page :)

(i use it in a personal EL blog)