Eternal Lands Official Forums
Looter

Potion of Speed Hax

Do we want the hax back?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Speed Hax brought back ?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. If Speed Hax is brought back would you use it ?

• yes
    • no

As many of you are aware i am the only person in game that is still able to run using the Speed Hax(at least as far as im aware). The hax was disabled a few months ago because of its LACK of use however i am amazed at the attention i have recieved in game by still having this ability, i have recieved many pm's asking how speed hax works and where they can buy the potions only for me to disapoint them by telling them they can't because it is now disabled. Many of these people did not even know Speed Hax ever even existed and most of these people where not newbies. Taking this into consideration i believe Speed Hax was not given enough time to take off before it was disabled so i am now campaigning to bring it back.

I must make it clear that should it be allowed back it is very unlikely entropy will adjust the food usage or the recipe for making it, to those that are against the food consumption etc i would ask you to consider this: you have the choice to NOT use it. so please lets not whine about that here. This poll is simply about if it should be brought back so that those who want to use it can do so.

Benifits of Hax

Hax can improve your game and be an advantage to you and can be alot of fun too.

You can get around much faster allowing you to complete your objectives much quicker which in my opinion pays back for the food consumption.

With high EMU and use of the tele room spells you can be a awsome mule for guild events.

It is also excellent to use for death bag recovery, i have returned quiet a few death bags in the last few months as i can be there very fast indeed.

It also has great possibilties to organise new contest like races and maybe some sort of marathon, should it be brought back i plan to host some myself.

Are you a bot owner and find your time is taken up by having to walk back and forth from storage to your bot? then hax could be what you are looking for !

If you are a pr0 joker hunter imagine the possibilities while Haxed.

Its great for doing hydro runs too making it much faster and does make it harder for "some" pkers to catch you.

You can play your game the same as before, it is NOT true that while using the hax you can not mix ect, you should be aware that while you are stood/sat still the hax has no effect on food consumption, you just need to be sure not to let your food value go to minus 30.

Im sure i could think of many other uses but i will leave it at that as this thread will get too big to read :icon4:

Food Consumption

The food consumption was considered the main problem by alot of people, i have to admit it was a problem to me too the first few weeks i used it as the slightest lack of attention could be very costly, i had to use 3 potions on my 1st day, before long i could manage a week, now months if not forever (10 pots in total). Regardless that it is only clicking i see it as a skill that developes over time, it became second nature and i no longer have to think about it hardly consentrating on the food at all.

I find the best way is to use toadstools though i do not have the ability to use bones so therefore i can not compare. to get the stools i simply harvest mass amounts when im too busy doing something in real life to allow me to play el properly, like if im watching a movie or busy working in photoshop or even surfing the forums, sometimes i buy them too. antidote potions are not that big of a problem as the amount of times you are poisoned usually isnt that often and when it is if you know how to handle it you can run long distances only requiring 1 antidote potion... i have run to the hydrogenium mines 100's of times and only ever taken 1 potion which gets used at the mine and never died due to the poison infact i even made it there a few times without being poisoned at all, this is a good demonstration of just how far you can run.

Feasting potions can be used though in my opinion this works out to be more expensive and if you are carrying a full load i found the odd toadstool is required.

also remember that the food consumption is based on a percentage of the total weight in your inventory, i find if on running from votd storage to norcarn storage with nothing much in my inventory i can do it with alot less shrooms and less posion to deal with.

Economy and game play

Speed Hax can effect the economy in a bigger way than most people notice, it will make more sales in shrooms, antidote, bones, pof, sr, he, ingredience for these sort of items too. Also adds more fun for the lenny hunt. In conjunction with the tele room spells its possible harvesters can be more efficient

Most importantly though is is the hax's ability to make the game more fun and exciting, since i learnt to control the hax my game play has been much more fun, exciting and more profitable than before and would like other people to be able to have that opertunity. When i 1st started playing el about 4 years ago one of the 1st things i was disapointed about is how slow the game was without the ability to run, i have seen it suggested many times from other people and im sure most of you thought the same. With this in mind i think at least hax is better than nothing right? at least those that want to give it a go can do right? I sincerely believe hax is one of the best updates el has ever had to improve gameplay if only enough people would give it a chance.

Sorry for the huge post but this is my only shot at getting the hax back and i feel strongly about it and i had to get across things you may not have considered :P

P.S if you feel strongly about it too why not help me in my campaign by spamming the url in your guild channel a few times for me so that i can get as many people to vote as possible :D

Edited by Looter

I do think if it comes back, that Lenny should have perma-hax. Fast Leopard, harder to catch (too many Lenny furs in the game no?), a bigger challenge, and it then makes more sense to use his fur in the potion.

I voted "Yes" twice, wouldn't use it often, but I would use it (running in contests ftw \o/, and faster hauling wouldn't hurt, except for poison :whistle:)

I do think if it comes back, that Lenny should have perma-hax. Fast Leopard, harder to catch (too many Lenny furs in the game no?), a bigger challenge, and it then makes more sense to use his fur in the potion.

Not necesserily, too much lenny furs in game only due to lack of use (speed hax pots).

If speed hax comes back, those furs will be gone fast for new speed hax pots :whistle:

Are you a bot owner and find your time is taken up by having to walk back and forth from storage to your bot? then hax could be what you are looking for !

I agree with all but this one comment because bot owners are allowed to stock their bots at storage 2x per week.

Other than that I would like to see a return to game as they were gone so quick I was never able to try this out and was looking forward to doing so :whistle:

As I see it - the implementation was well thought out...

It gave everyone the chance to run for specific reasons/occasions (As looter pointed out)

It was of sufficient cost to prevent everyone running at all times (as when first implemented)

Looter has proved that a 'fast' lifestyle is possible in EL - if you so wish.

So yes please lets have it back.....

As for me using it - on occasions - yes, permanently.... no!

I voted yes, please bring it back, and no, I probably wont use it.

I have pretty low emu, gelly bones and power hungry, and I found for me the toads where deadly :whistle:

Though this is just me, I can certainly see the benifits for people. And Having Lenny hax'd is a great idea, making him more dangerous, and harder to track down

Let me explain to you what you just wrote: If it does come back, make it harder to get Lenny furs, increasing the price of the speed hax even more when people were refusing to buy them at the old cost.

The only reason there's currently a lot of Lenny furs in game is because they're useless. That won't last long if they get a use again.

You're not helping there.

Haven't voted, but honestly it'll take a helluva lot of support for me to even consider ever making these again. Speaking as one of the few makers of them. Most of the other potters who could make these were just as frustrated with them before, doubt that's changed since they've been gone.

I agree the price should be fairly low and for that to happen the price of furs has to fall so it would require plenty of furs, maybe its possible to have him haxed and increase the furs another way like make lenny run all day, or easier to kill or drop more furs (sometimes), in time the prices would stablize im sure , anyway thats not the issue here lets get the hax back 1st, in time the potters will establish a fair price.

i think too many winers didn't give the hax a decent chance back then, didn't use it myself often cos i didn't see any use for it at that time.

Voted 2x yes even tho i wont use it all the time

imho the speed hax didn't get a decent chance

Voted 2 x yes, wont use it all the time and only started to use it a few times before it was gone. If its brought back and you want to use it, have fun and use it, if its brought back and you dont want to use, dont use it, but above all don winge about it.

As one of the people who missed this 1st time around from being out of game for a little while - yes please I would liek to try it out.

Voted yes x 2

Drake

I voted yes*2. I never did get a chance to play with the potion last time since I was busy with other things like maxing out my mule. Hopefully I won't have to read the book again...

Voted x2, was still playing around with the food cost when it got axed but Looter's post has helped. Would like to try again for occasional use like invasions etc :rolleyes:

Yes x2, I was not in-game when this was implemented and also taken out. I think it would make a great addition to the game if the potion was highly marketed.

Voted Yes and No. I used it before, and don't think I would use it again, it does not really fit in to my game play style. That being said, I know others who would. I disagree about lenny having hax, it would make it impossible for some of the lower levels to kill him.

I am for anything that will consume some of the lenny furs I have in sto :)

Would love to see it back ingame. Certainly gives a boost to the active players (the non-afk kind of gamer) that want to use it.

I will try it, but i doubt i will often use it alot.

I agree the price should be fairly low and for that to happen the price of furs has to fall so it would require plenty of furs, maybe its possible to have him haxed and increase the furs another way like make lenny run all day, or easier to kill or drop more furs (sometimes), in time the prices would stablize im sure , anyway thats not the issue here lets get the hax back 1st, in time the potters will establish a fair price.

Also a possible change could be that the formula with 1 leo-fur gives multiple potions. (increase the other ings a little maybe)

Bad idea to make lenny go hunt all day or be even stronger then he already can be :-)

Also a possible change could be that the formula with 1 leo-fur gives multiple potions. (increase the other ings a little maybe)

Bad idea to make lenny go hunt all day or be even stronger then he already can be :-)

Yeah, good idea, since it only gave only one potion per leo fur.

The fact is before there was too many potions because not enough runners, hopefully if its brought back there will be enough so should solve that problem, no one knows untill we give it more time, then perhaps entropy can increase/decrease lenny fur as he see's fit.

@at nightraver i think 1 lenny fur makes 15 potions if i remember right.

The fact is before there was too many potions because not enough runners, hopefully if its brought back there will be enough so should solve that problem, no one knows untill we give it more time, then perhaps entropy can increase/decrease lenny fur as he see's fit.

@at nightraver i think 1 lenny fur makes 15 potions if i remember right.

haha oke :-)

I smelled the sarcams at the god's post :-)

my bad