Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Merchant bot at beam auction

<CLIP>

I'm surprised the bidding is getting so high for a yearly fee. Is it really worth $80/year to sell newb armor and supplies?

I wonder if the bidding gets up to $100 or more if Entropy will throw in a free blessing, or if that'll be an extra $100?

It is fun to watch though. :wub:

Well, he never said that we had to renew the "lease" on the bot/spot. It would simply expire if people don't find it worth their money and stop paying the yearly fee.

I would not doubt it if he did throw in 1 free blessing. A character with 80 to whatever the max phys could be for a character capable of using the storage would not be as useful...even if it did have access to storage when not trading with someone. You usually have to tell a bot to restock and I don't think any bots have an auto-restock feature because it is not allowed in EL for any other bot. It would have to be added to whatever bot code. Well, that or to get a steady stream of incoming goods. Even then, it would need to automatically store away its goods.

I will ask dogbreath if it would be possible to add such a feature or set up such a thing in another way. He is who I would have the bot running through, most likely. If not him, perhaps via the code that Puppy uses, if Doggy will assist me in such a matter.

Edited by nathanstenzel

I have talked to dogbreath and things sound a bit easier now. He says it is not difficult to direct trades to inventory (newbs might trade from newb sto).

Else than that, the winner could allow people they trust to be able to tell the bot to withdraw and store items.

$100 and I'll throw in giving Ent, Roja, and Aislinn having access to customize the bots non-trade responses to provide additional help and information.

TradeBot is online near NewbieStorage on IP and busily buying up items from newbs on IP or things the newbs might find helpfull.

Access to the bot is not limited to newbies only, so starting summoners and bone eaters may find it a handy source since new player on IP have been stoicking it with stuff like that.

A couple things I'd like to add:

This is directed to the more experienced players: Please remember this is a newbie TradeBot, geared to both teaching newbies how to use bots (and soon will have general help information available too), and to encourage them with a means to more easily buy the things they are learning about and need. It isn't helpful if a pr0 player keeps buying off all of the HE's or LE's, or wooden shields for a quest. You all know how to get that stuff and can afford it. Please remember the purpose.

On the other hand, it's great if you more experienced players come sell your leather armour and iron swords and a hundred HE's or some healing potions every now and then.

Also feel free to pm myself or Learner with ideas of things you think could be added that newbies want/need.

One question: its legal to fill the bot with rat tails with an alt, and buy the tails with main char?

Seriously, is your main char that weak, that you need an alt to kill rats? :lurker:

Piper