Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dilly

Lenny / Invasions channel

Not so much a suggestion, as it is a plea, to move Lenny's message and invasions to another channel, or maybe make a different channel for the PK messages.

For a while, channel 6 has been an 'all topics go' channel. Since the PK central messages came ingame, it has however turned into a ´spam, insult and blame the ficus channel´. I´m a chatty person, but at the end of the day, I have the channel open mostly for Leonard sightings and kills, and during invasions, and it´s close to impossible to follow what´s going on anymore with all the different things going on at the same time. Maybe we could give channel 4 new life?

Personally I think the PK msgs should be moved to #4

Remove the bot spam and place them in a new unused channel (seriously hardly anyone likes them anyway - they won't be missed except for the bot owner who's bot spams the channel)

I have to agree, I think channel 4 would be a much better home for the @PK central messages. All the invasion talk and lenny sightings are completely lost in the channel now.

I agree. We definitely need to fix the invasion channel, be it segregation of content into different channels or more strictly enforced topics during invasions.

Although for me personally there's no upside to separating lenny messages and the PK central messages into different channels, there's also no downside... so if it'll make some ppls happy then i'm all for it :D

I would like to see the pk central messages and resulting chat moved but not to 4 please. PK should definitely have it's own channel.

Personally I don't mind the PK central messages including bot ones...it's what follows and the silly name creations made for forced "funny" "xxxxx killed xxxxx" messages that are annoying. I don't think it's fair to channel 4 to burden it with that either.

I think it should stay. It doesnt hurt anything, but it doesnt help anythig either. You can see that all of the posts here are by people who dont PK (with the exception of Korrode) and im pretty sure that is what the PK Central was for, the PKers. None of you should complain anyway, Ch6 is off-topic 99% of the time anyway.

btw

the only reason why dilly wants it moved to ch4 is because no one goes on that channel anyway (ch6 is used for general chat)

Nu dont touch channel 6, move lenny to 4

Agreed with Infa:

if im not mistaken channel 4 is general chat, so if you are a chatty person #jc 4.
Edited by Mario

Agreed

Agreed with Infa:

if im not mistaken channel 4 is general chat, so if you are a chatty person #jc 4.

Im with Dilly, either Move Lenny and Inva Chat somewhere else, or give PK Central a new home. Basically not because it is spammy as it is, rather than its too much in Topics in one single channel which doesnt make sense at all... why would you put Invasion Announcements, Lenny Announcements AND PK into one single channel... didnt understand that idea at all yet.

Sincerly,

Fabi

P.S.:

Notice that the Main Focus of chan6 still was pve? :( Inva? Lenny? :) As much as it is the more ore less officially offtopic channel

the people who came there first were there for the Lenny Sightings and the Invasions.

After all it would just make more sense seperating this into 2 different channels to not mix up PvE and PK in one.

Agreed with Infa:

Then you should be in 4 not 6. :(

If we are going to end up with a "PvP channel" then i have a follow-up suggestion; it should be lightly moderated.

If we are going to end up with a "PvP channel" then i have a follow-up suggestion; it should be lightly moderated.

@6 IS lightly moderated. It's not our fault a handful of people have taken advantage and abused that.

(Don't you have your own forums and game to not moderate? :( )

@6 IS lightly moderated.

More lightly then!!111~

(Don't you have your own forums and game to not moderate? :) )

I am soldier for anti-content moderation in all realms i tread. :(

Doubt it will be changed, because ch6 is radu's channel and if he wanted them someone else he would've put them there no?

No-One forces us to join the channel. and ch4 hasn't been used for almost a year now lol, it's whole reason why I moved to ch6.

I wouldn't mind the PK Central moved to ch4, but it doesn't affect me much anyways seeing as I mix now.

I cbf'd with lenny, or invasions. but seeing as ch6 is the gen chat channel, it's either that I join that and chat, or I leave the game.(I know some people would love this)

Game is ridiculously boring without chatting. That being said, big additions NEED to be made to the game for PKers, and it being one of the main reasons I've quit PK, until changes are made.

my 2 bob.

Edited by Luigi

the only reason why dilly wants it moved to ch4 is because no one goes on that channel anyway (ch6 is used for general chat)

oh thank you for thinking for me, but you're wrong.

I don't care about the channelnumber, for all I care Lenny/Invasion go to channel 56565498 or any other random channel number, just as long as they get separated from the PK Central messages, I just suggested ch 4 because it seems to have gone unused for the most part.

Not having been ingame for a few days unless it has gotten worse that it was then personally I dont see a problem with the chat being mixed, BUT what I would suggest is:

The PK central msgs only appear if the person who died gave the winner(s) PKI, should do away with most of the "stupid name alts" and "bot bombing alts"spam msgs.

Edited by conavar

I agree with Dilly, Ais, et al. Something has to be done about channel 6. To say it is mildly frustrating to have to watch that is a vast understatement. The pages of spam are endless. Oh yeah, guess I could just leave the channel and go sit by myself in channel 4. But then there is no info about Leonard, invasions or mature chat. If I'm not mistaken, that was what channel 6 was supposed to be. It was getting worse and worse until the PK messages started, now it is out of control. No offense Korrode, but since when did Unofficial Forums get there own channel? I'm a sailor irl, so I'm not afraid of profanity :( but I hardly see the point of allowing UF style chat on official channels. I don't need to read 'Fuck off, shit, racist and sexist remarks' etc. If you want to attract and keep new players, I doubt this is the image you want to project (and yes, newbies DO find their way to ch 6). If radu wants to swear, that's his business, it's his game. Others were given 1 inch and taken enough miles to circumnavigate the globe a few times.

My 2 euro cents

Edit: Not taking a dig at Korrode or UF - I'm sure they serve their purpose, but becoming increasingly irrelevant (only as char market :))

Edited by XenaMT

The amount of, well, downright stupidity in the channel increased ten-fold with the pkers overrunning it.

Before, it had its occasional bouts that made anyone with sense leave the channel a while, but not often. Now it's just completely intolerable.

The channel was, with only occasional exceptions, a decent place for (its purpose) keeping up with any Lenny info and finding out a little advance notice if an invasion is being planned and such. Mixed with some general chatter outside of that which didn't consist almost entirely of spam "LOL"s and other IQ-reducing crap like Xena mentions above that is just unbearably stupid.

Those who are actually there for Lenny tracking, invasions as relevant, and some general idle chatter have pretty much been run off by what is now essentially the "incredibly stupid nonsense" channel.

I still don't think channel 4 for the pk announcements is a bad idea. It goes right along with guild ads and such, and that's where the pkers used to hang out before channel 6 got destroyed (as I recall stopping visiting channel 4 for that very reason).

Excellent idea...

Not onlythat in a recent invasion - there was still pk spam filling the channel and requests for invasion info wer lost.

In the past - if there was an invasion going on - the off topic spam tended to disappear.

(p.s. you can remove pk central spam )

#ignore [@pk central

The amount of, well, downright stupidity in the channel increased ten-fold with the pkers overrunning it.

[...]

I still don't think channel 4 for the pk announcements is a bad idea. It goes right along with guild ads and such, and that's where the pkers used to hang out before channel 6 got destroyed (as I recall stopping visiting channel 4 for that very reason).

Well, if you can ignore it... why is the problem that bad? The channel ALWAYS has mods on it to moderate your acclaimed "IQ reducing" chat.

I love the idea brought across that if you're a PKer you supposed to be stupid? Absolute bullshit.

Every time I've read some of your PK related "claims" I've laughed to myself. What ever attitude you got against PKers, you need to get rid of because quite frankly, this game wouldn't be around if it wasn't for them. How far do you think this game would get with the small list mobs to fight? Once you're at yeti, that's it. You got no other way to train other then to pvp. You think a fighter wants to take up tailoring? Not only does PK need to improve, but so do the armors. The dragon armors were brought into the game BEFORE the attribute cap, and then the attribute cap came and no changes were made to the armors/weapons to compensate the might cap. End game fighting is quite plain and boring, yeti yeti acw pvp yeti yeti. Whilst the "mixer" class gets new items to mix, the fighters have been stuck with the same mobs. but these suggestions are for another thread, and I'm sorry for hi-jacking this thread. It's just some players narrow-mindedness that has pissed me off lately.

-bigk.