Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frodewin

Special invasion with kill contingent

What do you think of an invasion, where each player can only kill a limited number of critters? Thus you need a certain minimum number of players to participate in order to kill them all. This solves the problem that

weak invasion creaures get quickly slain by strong players, which gives weaker players less motivation to join in fighting an invasion.

For the roleplaing aspect, the creatures could be some kind of undead (zombies, vampires ?) which can only be killed once by a particular person. Once a player kills one, the remaining become immune against that player. There should be definitely different kinds of these for various A/D levels. To fight back such an invasion it is thus adviseable to consider which creatures you kill. And the weak ones remain for the noobs :-)

ah, yes, in order to make this work, the monsters may only attack players with A/D where they have a chance to win over the player, otherwise the auto-attack kills the idea.

(Has images of the Borg, once you use a weapon on them, they adapt and the weapon is useless. But then, I watch and read too much Star Trek perhaps.) :hiya:

So if i kill 1 cyclops i can't kill it anymore and it WILL attack me, so it will be an everlasting fight until someone else comes and kill it for me?

Hmmm... rather not :hiya:

One person can still come and kill all with harms / do the final blow without being engaged in combat and finish with magic.

If this was easy to fix (make magic kills count) it'd been done ages ago I assume. This in mind the idea would be too much work to make happen.

On the pkserver we dont have these problems, but i'd like to respond:

Well having some kind of rate limiting to invasion could work

It could be just killcounted and people killing way overpowered

(like 33%+ of the total critters on a map) could be autoteleported to IP

Wouldn't solve everything, but would be something

Edited by RotationZ

Not sure how it works (as in respected by the stronger players) but the A/D limit on some of the invaded maps that the invasionholders put up is a better way to do it rather then programming the creatures to get killed ones/strong player and several times by a weak player that might die 1-2 times and then maby give up because the creature they can kill have lots of stronger monsters next to it.

Edited by Entris