Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

My server is having problems

I think all the people who had bots with labrat have been extremely patient.....I think we need our gc/$ refunded as it doesnt look as tho the server is going to be working anytime soon....its been weeks.

I have sent an email...no reply...any suggestions?

I think all the people who had bots with labrat have been extremely patient.....I think we need our gc/$ refunded as it doesnt look as tho the server is going to be working anytime soon....its been weeks.

let it go ;)

let it go ;)

Why should she?

let it go ;)

Why should she?

wel i paid 100$ to for 1 year hosting but since labrat doesnt log on nomore doesnt response on mails it doesnt look like we get any refund

let it go ;)

Why should she?

wel i paid 100$ to for 1 year hosting but since labrat doesnt log on nomore doesnt response on mails it doesnt look like we get any refund

Well that doesn't sound like a legit reason to just "let it go"

Lol, labrat probably sold all his stuff he got and left the game with a lot of irl money. But I feel sad for all the people who trusted him ;)

let it go ;)

Why should she?

Well that doesn't sound like a legit reason to just "let it go"

wel i pretty sad about it to but what u wanna do about it?

Lol, labrat probably sold all his stuff he got and left the game with a lot of irl money. But I feel sad for all the people who trusted him ;)

Anyone who knows Labby just a little wouldnt be saying such!

I understand ppl running low on patience atm, but Labby is not one to let anyone down, trust me, he must have a very good reason for staying away this long!

Don't forget, he has a real life as well, and a very busy one, I may add! No one knows what happened for sure, so please, dont go speculating or acusing him of cheating!

JezeBelle

I understand ppl running low on patience atm, but Labby is not one to let anyone down, trust me, he must have a very good reason for staying away this long!

Don't forget, he has a real life as well, and a very busy one, I may add!

Oh yes, posting a message here is very time consuming. And don't say "maybe he doesn't have internet anymore" because there are even cybercafés in the desert.

and he did have time to reply to my forum pm not long ago. (about selling Agneum)

seems he really did run off with everyones money/gc and is trying to make more money out of it by selling Agneum.

either that or..

what happened is unexpected, the money he owed ppl is alot and he already spended it before the server crashed, now he's trying to work his ass off to repay the ppl he owes

Occam's razor. Since he is seemingly still replying to forum PMs, yet not posting here, it seems obvious he is still working on the problem. If he really had made a break for it, I doubt he'd be responding to PMs on this forum.

Not that I'm saying those who paid don't have the right to an explanation, but it is within the realms of possibility is he swamped/angry/dishearten at this, or simply has no updates to post. Making wild accusations is highly counter-productive to any progress being made.

Well if he has had an internet connection (which he does because he has read forum PMs sent to him) it would be expected for him to post a reply to the people waiting now at least a month.

If he has time to respond to a forum PM about the sale of agneum which might I add this...

Selling Agneum and her inventory; including over 4 million gc

from: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Unofficial_EL_For.../1816208/1/#new

Does that not look like he is trying to sell a bot with 4 million gold coins though some of that coin belongs to certain people in game?

I have faith that Labrat will return the gold coin or $$ he owes to people but that feeling can none other than diminish over the period of time he has not responded to peoples request to contact them or pay them back.

No?

I too have faith in teh ratty ones honesty..and would like to point out the most obvious motive to selling agneum would probli be to pay for new hardwares(parts) and a return of teh server for teh bots as a result (possibly). yeah i know it sucks that our bots are down, but if u need to be making gc meantime, just manually log your bot on, clear it with mods to remove teh items for private sales from your main chars. I am sure this can be cross referenced with records of who owns which bot and can be allowed, despite teh obvious "no trading with alts" rules, if it came down to it...but defo check BEFORE you try it.

Then just buy/sell teh hard way thru usual market dealing til labby sorts something. Safe.

I too have faith in teh ratty ones honesty..and would like to point out the most obvious motive to selling agneum would probli be to pay for new hardwares(parts) and a return of teh server for teh bots as a result (possibly). yeah i know it sucks that our bots are down, but if u need to be making gc meantime, just manually log your bot on, clear it with mods to remove teh items for private sales from your main chars. I am sure this can be cross referenced with records of who owns which bot and can be allowed, despite teh obvious "no trading with alts" rules, if it came down to it...but defo check BEFORE you try it.

Then just buy/sell teh hard way thru usual market dealing til labby sorts something. Safe.

1. It is not illegal to trade with your bot even at storage because as the character being a trade bot (same thing with storage bot) you are allowed to directly trade with it. (This is not me making rules but clearly stated in another thread)...

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46217

You cannot use the bot to transfer items to another one of your characters though or use it to help someone else with their alts as this is making your bot an illegal "middle man"

2. You can use the free service that Dogbreath and his team provides in the meantime if you like or keep him as your permanent host if wanted and they provide a great service.

Click to view Dogbreaths hosting service

3. With all due respect for Labrat of course I really don't think selling 4 million gold coin to pay for parts should come before paying back the people that are owed gold coin back. Pay off your debts first and then work on paying for what problems he might be having with the hardware (tbh he did not mention any hardware problems but something with the code iirc)

The databases for the bots are fine, it is only the bot code and frontend that has been lost, which are recoverable.

Also on another another note...

It is pushing two months now sense the hosting went down but he said this...

It is a lot of work but luckily it is only going to take a short time.

One cannot help but get the feeling that he has disappeared due to the lack of communication. Also someone that paid for a service should have every right to ask for a response to questions concerning repayment of overpaid dues and issues involving status of progress if planning to stick with the service in the future.

I have a lot more than 4 million gold coins on my bots, there is almost 5 million (4.9 million and change) on Agneum alone, not counting my other bots.

I am working away (by away I mean away and staying away, not commuting) 4 days a week, and trying to fit a life into the remaining 3 days. You try it sometime.

Thank you for being patient, I know it has been trying for you all.

The money and items on every bot is safe, if you need to feel free to log onto your bot and verify it.

Find a new host if you can't wait for me, I will sort out refunds upon my return. I am not going anywhere, I am just not here at the moment.

ofcourse he is back..he was never gone..as i said..have a little patience all, I told you he had good reasons for not responding instantly..^^

Has the World gone this bad that we don't even trust..a Labrat anymore??

ts..

*hugs*

I'll wait for you, Labby-dear..and so will TinkerBelle..I wouldnt dream of having her handled by anyone else but you!

Jez

OK Labrat, lets have an update please mate, been hoping for my patience to be rewarded but a lack of Passion in my EL life has kinda led me to not play anymore. I would like to know if theres any possibility of getting my bot back before her yearly bot charge is due to Radu again, and that's coming up fast again now mate. I realise ya got stuff to do and this is probably very low on your priority list to get her fixed up and running again, but if this IS the case then I'm gonna assume it aint gonna happen at all (no hard feelings about it, just being realistic) and I will inform Passions shareholders that the bot will not be back and will organise the final shareout. Somehow. I seriously hope however that it wont come to that and you will amaze, bedazzle and astound one and all by triumphantly making Passion appear again out of the virtual ether so she can stand on her box once more and pedal her wares.

Either way mate, have yourself a good New year, from PYE and the ACErs.

Dogbreath does bot hosting for free, its an excellent service with almost no downtime on bots

you could let him host Passion for you

Labrat - Last Active on Forums:

16th December 2009 - 05:30 PM.

Edit: Labrat* not labat :)

Edited by Frost