Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

My server is having problems

As the title says, due to a problem (I am not exactly sure what, I think everything was in my ~ by the look of it) I am having to reconstruct all the websites and bots etc.

I found out about the issue 8 hours ago and since then I have been on a recovery mission.

The databases for the bots are fine, it is only the bot code and frontend that has been lost, which are recoverable.

Unfortunately I am away this weekend (prior commitment I cannot get out of) so I will have to leave it mid-recovery and get back to it either late Sunday night or Monday morning.

I apologise to anyone that this has caused issues with.

:)

And I just paid 100Kgc for hosting.

I hope you can fix this ASAP because I really need my bot up ;)

Thanks for the info at least.

Update:

I have moved everything I can off the server onto my home computer and am now (slowly) reconstructing everything.

I wish I knew what happened but the simple fact is that I went to bed and it was fine, woke up and it wasn't.

The last thing I did was auto upgrade wordpress and went to bed, got up to a fine impression of a wiped partition.

Going away this weekend didn't help any, believe me it was the last thing I wanted to do.

I spent all monday and most of this morning downloading everything I could off my server - I have approximately 80gb of gzipped stuff to sort through, I need to configure all my sites from scratch in apache, set up a DNS server, set up mysql, set up webmin, recreate the databases, install mono (.net for linux), recover and successfully compile the bot source, then finally I can activate the bots.

This is but a small part of the massive list I have to do to get my server operational again, sorry I haven't found the time to keep you better informed. Be glad you're not here right now, I am being evil to anyone around me as I am under just a slight amount of pressure.

If you don't hear from me for a while I apologise in advance, it is because I am busy doing stuff I consider more important than writing TPS reports at the moment.

good luck with fixing it all, will it take a few days or week(s)?

It is a lot of work but luckily it is only going to take a short time.

Many thanks for info. I just need to know how long should we wait till bots are back. If we should wait on your server or try to host on different one.

Thx and good luck!

Thanks for the update. I hope this gets sorted out very soon and if possible could you tell me if we lost all the trade logs with the bots because I let guildies sell items on Bronco and use the trade logs to determine how much gc they get and which of their items sell.

The databases are fine, all trade logs are intact.

The databases are fine, all trade logs are intact.

If people start getting too desperate, I'm willing to allow temporary access through my server using my Trade bot code,

I do recomment people be patient and wait for Labrats server to come back up, because that'll be less of a hassle trying to get everything set back up.

wel iam sure every1 worried now since u sell agneum and problem alrdy takes longer as a week and people lose a serius income hope u come with a update soon maybe i shouldnt ask this since u stressed but do we get any refund for this ?

Custom clothing does still work right?

if so is there someone we can pay for it to get it added while you are gone?

I don't have any of those files or I'd offer to host those.

If there are people that feel strongly those need to be available and have large portions of the content in their download dirctories, PM/email me and we can talk about whether I'll set something up.

S.W.

I don't have any of those files or I'd offer to host those.

If there are people that feel strongly those need to be available and have large portions of the content in their download dirctories, PM/email me and we can talk about whether I'll set something up.

S.W.

And I now have a little over 1k of LabRats custom files available at www.eternal-lands.us

awesome :)

so how will it work from now on if someone wants custom clothing?

I'm working out the little details, but any files I get I can get back to LabRat when his server comes back up.

If anyone thinks I'm missing files still, please contact me.

Hi,

I host the whole custom-clothing collection at www2.gm.fh-koeln.de

I can make this a permanent hosting; the only problem I see is, if there are different servers everyone who wants to see your new clothes has to configure the corresponding server.

To find out more have a look at my EL-Services-Page...

Greetings

Sir_Odie

Edited by Sir_Odie