Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rusikus

Changes in Harm spell.

U know how much me drink SR use HE's , destroy armours and weapons to training a/d in 4 years? And so? ^^

Just a quick calculation:

From lvl 1 a/d to lvl 100 a/d:

lets say you get 500 attack and 500 defense exp per monster (i don't know the average rates)

then you need to kill about 87500 monsters to get from lvl 1 to lvl 100

with 1 restore per monster it means using 350000 HEs and 109375 SRs which means you need:

(350000 * 7) + (109375 * 14.5) = 4,035,937.50 ... so ~4M gc

From lvl 35 to lvl 100 magic:

lets say you have high rationality and get 250 exp per mana drain

then you need to cast 173000 mana drains to get from lvl 35 to lvl 100

173000 mana drains = 1038000 AEs = (1038000 * 8gc) = 8,304,000 ... so ~8.3M gc

Rotfl U are pr0 warior and pr0 mathematician xD

Rusik, you're pulling numbers from random gossip. Yes, I have landed a harm of 215 to a very low level player without rationality to satisfy ppl curiosity of the potential in the harm spell. This was done with +10 mag bless and +5 ratio, not sure if target had gelly. A proper opponent has rationality and magic level, which both take some of the edge off from the harm. They also often wear dragon stuff, which is a slight decrease to dmg. All in all the harm drops down to ~160 and has wide damage range. Your speculations are based on absolute maximum, just to make things look worse than they are. Those times I was #1 mage in game, and being in the top means you are supposed to be powerful. You are well ranked in a/d, you should know.

What you should think with this suggestion of yours is also the average players. A lower lvl mage has 60-80 harm with maxed ratio. Over 100 isn't too uncommon, and some manage to get maximums fo 150 with potting. Past that dmg we are talking of serious "Wizards". Most of these haven't got 140+ oa to spend pps, or any bought nexus or pps. This means sacrificing relevant attributes in order to get some more ratio than the average gamer. I have reason to believe you have maxed reasoning and the top20 magic gives some balls behind the spells. Nothing is stopping you to get that will up if the mage build is so overpowered. Sad part is that would make you suck in fighting. It has already been mentioned that true sight and magic immunity gives you full protection against magic users, you can easily take them down due to the attribute issues.

And comparing a/d train cost to mag train cost is pure bullshit. Those 4 years brought you breakages, but also drops to cover them. If a trainer bothers to think their attributes, training brings no breaks and only profit (until yeti, which is whole another story.) And PVP... I bet there are some bought nexi or pps too involved. Money isn't your problem here. In cost we are talking of only training here, because it was brought up. Not the PKing cost.

I am not against the nerfing in player vs. player, but the suggestion done isn't completely thought.

And it's funny no one ever bothers to complain the overpoweredness of remote heal. Omfg you remote healed 120+!!! NERF!!!

I'll just sit back and wait for future suggestions, when rangers get mean levels and kill someone, or summoners get active in PK.

Btw, still got the One perk? Maybe those mines are overpowered too.

/agree

[To be deleted upon original post removal]

Well it's taken 3 years but now i've finally seen Gohan say something worthwhile :P

You really don't wanna go there ... If you have something worth saying, do it, if it's crap like that, leave it out.

[/To be deleted upon original post removal]

So Rusikus, instead of praising the leetness of Groomsh maths, why don't you give a thought on my post, since I guess you are da man here, starting the thread and everything.

I think it's a idea to think about so let's hear your thought on my addition to your original suggestion.

-Gohan

Rotfl U are pr0 warior and pr0 mathematician xD

Care to explain ? :confused:

You copmare 100 a/d and 100 magic lvl ? :P

How hit i have with almost 150 att ? 50HP with thermal? 4% chance 150HP with BOD? (if U dont have red cape)

How hit have Wizard with 100 lvl magic? 420HP in 1 sec.

Mathematician where your calculated cost my destroy armours and weapons ha? And my many many lost rostogol stones ha?

Gohan!

And no matter how much time you put into a game, some things are really ridiculous, like I remember seeing Azayal take a Black Dragon 1v1, it's a dragon, legendary & mythical creature, under no circumstance should anyone be able to take it 1v1, wether they be mage or fighter.

U know some about legendary&mythical ??

Who killed the dragon 1v1?

Only in poland legend: Szewczyk Dratewka killed Wawel Dragon ^^

And maybe looking here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George#..._and_the_dragon

i think u should also calculate armors+wep+rostogols lost on a/d trainings and count again + to create pr0 warrrior ( min RD killer 1vs1 ) u need like 2 yrs of trainings at least 8h/day , to create a mage with mag lvl who can easly kill RD ( lets say 15 harms ) u need like 6 months and MD partner . i wouldnt say thats fair.

You copmare 100 a/d and 100 magic lvl ? :confused:

How hit i have with almost 150 att ? 50HP with thermal? 4% chance 150HP with BOD? (if U dont have red cape)

How hit have Wizard with 100 lvl magic? 420HP in 1 sec.

Mathematician where your calculated cost my destroy armours and weapons ha? And my many many lost rostogol stones ha?

You don't have to use expensive armors and weapons for a/d training and therefore you don't need to carry a rosto.

Also i guess 4M gc will cover a LOT of broken armors and weapons. And then you get at least drops which cover some costs for training.

Dugur already stated that there is NO WAY to make 420HP damage in 1 second and there is a way to completely make you immune against magic.

@force: i don't say that it isn't faster, i stated it's more expensive...

This what U said is a theory , with non expensive armour (with rostogol ofc) would be alot under!

420HP in 1 sec is possible , Dugur harming me 210HP per 1 hit - double harm (1sec) = 420HP

I have a pro suggestion:

Use harm yourself when being attacked or attacking someone!

Oh and yes you can harm two times in like 0.1 second.. depending on your ping. For me that comes down to ~120 dmg when someone forgets MI.

Edited by ProHibited

I think you should start another topic on rangers. They can take 60 AP and hit you 90% of time for 40's damage without problem. Time taken... well, whatever it takes to gather 900k gc to take the armour piercing and do the ranging guest + take the perks. Easy hits from minimum distance. Using special arrows they... OMG they hit bigger damage than you! Ignoring the years of training in a/d!! Oh the humanity!!! Did I mention they do it while staying invisible? (and all this in a month, with a little paypal fun if they can be arsed) Aaaaaaand... no magic immunity will save you from them.

I want to congratulate you for ignoring totally my posts. There it is clearly written that on high lvl players there isn't really hits of 200+. Against low level stats I managed to luckily land two hits ~200 in a row. But this is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that you can easily protect yourself against all magic with magic immunity.

You can use true sight against invisible.

You can easily survive against a mage, because in most cases (atm) they have also weaker attributes fightwise.

You conveniently ignore these only to get things look worse than they are.

What I would like to hear from you, instead of whining, is some creative feedback on Gohans suggestions because this thread is going nowhere. Or at least broaden the vision from the very narrow weapon dmg vs. magic dmg.

And what comes to fantasy/legends etc. We can talk books and tales, but it's not this game. Many things are just random poop, like chivalry. Letting lady go first from the door wasn't politeness, but convenient way of letting the villain behind the corner stab the lady instead of you. Later it might sound nice thing and heroic. Find the relevant from the bullshit.

Oh My Pig!

I said one more time i want justice between magician and knigt!

Why naked wizard with some essences do it big demage ha? and knight in full armours with weapons for 90$ do it 50 HP demage? Ridiculous!

"Hand Wand" with big demage and mayby "Wizard Cloak" will be honest between magician&knight!

Thats all!

Oh My Pig!

Why naked wizard with some essences do it big demage ha? and knight in full armours with weapons for 90$ do it 50 HP demage? Ridiculous!

"Hand Wand" with big demage and mayby "Wizard Cloak" will be honest between magician&knight!

Thats all!

No it will be not.

Your knight, can fully block all magic and slay a wizard in NO time.

Your knight can survive a melee battle for quite long - a wizard is dead in very few hits...

Oh My Pig!

Thats all!

No it will be not.

Your knight, can fully block all magic and slay a wizard in NO time.

Your knight can survive a melee battle for quite long - a wizard is dead in very few hits...

No Way! Magician use Ward MI removal and so? I must no moved? Summ some and i move! MI dont security in 100%

Practice i cant kill magician , diss+tele often!

Edited by Rusikus

You obviously lack gaming skill and therefor want the game changed so you become more powerful, gg?

FYI, I made you a suggestion that you could just debate on, because it'd be a reasonable idea, which yours wasn't.

And let's just face one thing for real.

The current system is sort of imbalanced, but in one thing, you are rather mistaken.

Your knights are already way too strong, not too weak. The imbalance is both are overpowered.

But what I really wanted to say, look around different games (don't shoot me), think for yourself about epical (word?) stories.

Can you give me one example of where you find a Spellcaster to be weaker then a Fighter?

I personally can't rly tell I do or instantly know where to find that.

It's in fact even normal that magic is by far stronger then a human force.

The difference is mostly in the fact that here your damage is very spammable.

Anyway, Rusikus, stop your whining and debate on the reasonable suggestions made in your thread and let's make it fair for everyone, k?

-Gohan