Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rusikus

Changes in Harm spell.

Considering low risk, easiness and little cost of using Harm spell on PK, I would suggest to:

1. Limit Harm spell to 75hp.

2.Possibility to give more damage than 75hp with "Harm Wand", price ~450k at EL Shop about 90$ with

medium degraded chance, or weaker version for 150k, at Shop ~30$ with degraded chance like BOD.

3.Make harm spell dependent on difference in magic levels of caster and target.

As curently top mages can harm even for 210 HP, while best fighter weapons like BOD/Scythe max

150hp with low chance to do that. BOD degrades very fast (like normal bone), and it's expensive, Scythe too.

Mages don't need to use expensive eguipment and don't have to care about rostogol stones.

P.S. ...and maybe "Harm Ward" with 4% chance breakthrough MI ? :pickaxe:

Edited by Rusikus

Lol how many times did you get killed by mages in hulda? ^^ It's fine as it is now anyways, Dugur harmed 210 Iirc, but he had max ration and 100+ magic level.

Also 4% chance to bypass MI? LOL? Great 96% for it to be resisted and 100% GC sink. GG.

Edited by bigkav

The harm ward is pointless because there is MI removal ward. Atm wards don't have automatical area effect, but needs movement to trigger it. I believe most PKers are happy with it this way, KF will be empty the moment there's a chance to bypass MI without the opponent moving. Just in theory ofc, in practise no one bothers due to no win in killing in KF with them. Happyhappy gc sinking for nothing.

And what comes to the idea of capping harm to 75... it's not complete shit, but it's thrown out just to make magic skill near useless in PK or at least not a real threat. Already the MI stops 100%

First idea, if there's real need to change harm *coughMIcough*, is to nerf it only against players. Monsters would still enjoy the mass dmg, there's already some heavy resistance on many of them. Dragon armours have decent resistances, but tbh that won't protect you much. (Here we could compare #1 a/d person with shit load of bought pps to 100+ mage with max ratio. Most say the a/d person is trained and is rightfully strong, but mage is just pain in the ass loser. If you train to the top, are you allowed to be über?) Why not make the spell dependant on the armour? (I think this has been also thought ages ago) Make leathers highly resistant against harm, steel/titanium/bronze more vulnerable and dragon armours enjoy the current dmg. This way those über that can survive in less armour can enjoy more protection vs. a mage. Those lower lvl cannon fodder can then be more competitive in dragon gear against them, but get slaughtered when failing MI.

And my opinion on the harm wand.. it's total bullshit, I like the idea of playing with skill, not the equipment. When I need item to get proper harm, I'll just swap to some other skill that might have more potential. It's a shame that in basic fighting the equipment does so big a difference atm, but that's just my opinion and should be just ignored.

Or make armour decrease harm capability...

So only naked/leather wearing mage still has uber harm...

With armors they harm less

I think about "Hand Harm Wand" like Wizard :pickaxe:

Armor with more resistance or protection? This is ridiculous :icon13:

U harming me (2x210HP)and i lost rostogol , I killed U what U lost? Some essence? This is unhonest.

Edited by Rusikus

Can't remember killing you and less that you'd have killed me with me losing anything. Only thing I recall is that past week I harmed you in hulda just to remind you to use MI or TS, no death involved here.

Can't be arsed to follow the namechanges of everyone, and if losing rostogol hurts so much, don't use one. Last time I killed anyone was before my reset a month ago.

This is just epic post of boohoo where evil naked gnome came and took a candy from a baby.

Only ridiculous here is You suggesting gamechanges based on personal loss without putting proper thought on overall game balance. I hear IP has great beaver spawns, try one.

I talk about all PK not the Hulda , a talk about Wizads and Knights U know?

Wizard (naked Wizadr) fast killing for low price (5HE+3DE) , Knigst need armours and weapons and? max hit 150HP with 4% chance ;p

This is unhonest IMO!

Then tell me is it "honest" to have a spell that nullifies all offensive spells?

Is there a similar effect available to stop all physical damage?

Is the OSoMN too weak in your opinion? Ever asked for something to stop that?

You just got schooled because you fail to use magic immunity, and now want something to compensate for the lack of gaming skill.

I posted on topic above in the first reply. This can be continued from that.

I dont use OSMON !

Hmmm and what do U think about it? ^^

3.Make harm spell dependent on difference in magic levels of caster and target

Edited by Rusikus

Your magic level and rationality add some protection against magic already.

Why don't we also add chance to bypass MI depending on lvl difference of target and caster...

Is it really honest to just want a skill nerfed because you can't cope against it?

This sounds like a typical knee-jerk reaction post for some kind of death or humiliation and is now being tarted up as a "suggestion"

This sounds like a typical knee-jerk reaction post for some kind of death or humiliation and is now being tarted up as a "suggestion"

Agreed.

You sound kinda like a sad puppy here.

uh, yea. I was right, MI already pwns this spell 100%, next time use it instead of using personal regret to make up some "suggestion" because you can't cope that someone actually put immense time into the magic skill and knows how to use it.

MI dont security in 100%, why? Can use MI removal Ward :P

I repeat again, this is not about me only about the injustice between the magician and knights

Knight training a/d over the years , this is higer costs and on PK must have armours , weapons and rostogol , potions , essenses and max hit is 150HP and chance 4%

Magician training magic very simple , low costs and on PK can have leather clothes or naked and some essenses and hit=420HP in 1 sec.

Pr0 Wizard must have "Hand Wand" and i think maybe "Wizard Cloak" ^^

Rotfl!

I want a change agresiv spell only , Wizard have too much Harm "for free" and thats all !

Eh what is your magic level ?

Have you tried to get to Dugurs level ? I bet no, because you would NOT say it is for free ...

Imho protection against harm is also for free. Cast MI and you'll almost ok.

Also, if your harm fails (for whatever reason) every fighter will kill you in no time.

I repeat again, this is not about me only about the injustice between the magician and knights

Knight training a/d over the years , this is higer costs and on PK must have armours , weapons and rostogol , potions , essenses and max hit is 150HP and chance 4%

Magician training magic very simple , low costs and on PK can have leather clothes or naked and some essenses and hit=420HP in 1 sec.

MI really has 100% protection, if you see a ward dont move to dont be you MI canceled. Use TS pots to see the lurker, and a mage is defeated. He is useless, if you can use what the game offers you.

Lol at the 420 damage, nobody is able to harm that much!

And nobody forced you to be a fighter and to choose the "harder way" you could have been an "easy and cheap" to level mage!

Do you have any idea at all how many AE's it takes to get to dugur's magic level??

I will not comment the cat fight from previous posts.

I like the way game is developing. It gives the chance to people who train different skills (fighting, summoning, magic, ranging, engeneering) to have something to say on pk map and on normal maps during invasions or while killing high lvl monsters.

I am totally against the idea of restrictions for mages (even if I am not a mage myself). I am glad it is no longer 'fighters domination' game :P

Lol at the 420 damage, nobody is able to harm that much!

Lol? Is able in 1 sec , ask Dugur ^^

Do you have any idea at all how many AE's it takes to get to dugur's magic level??

U know how much me drink SR use HE's , destroy armours and weapons to training a/d in 4 years? And so? ^^

Edited by Rusikus

U know how much me drink SR use HE's , destroy armours and weapons to training a/d in 4 years? And so? ^^

Just a quick calculation:

From lvl 1 a/d to lvl 100 a/d:

lets say you get 500 attack and 500 defense exp per monster (i don't know the average rates)

then you need to kill about 87500 monsters to get from lvl 1 to lvl 100

with 1 restore per monster it means using 350000 HEs and 109375 SRs which means you need:

(350000 * 7) + (109375 * 14.5) = 4,035,937.50 ... so ~4M gc

From lvl 35 to lvl 100 magic:

lets say you have high rationality and get 250 exp per mana drain

then you need to cast 173000 mana drains to get from lvl 35 to lvl 100

173000 mana drains = 1038000 AEs = (1038000 * 8gc) = 8,304,000 ... so ~8.3M gc

Rusik, you're pulling numbers from random gossip. Yes, I have landed a harm of 215 to a very low level player without rationality to satisfy ppl curiosity of the potential in the harm spell. This was done with +10 mag bless and +5 ratio, not sure if target had gelly. A proper opponent has rationality and magic level, which both take some of the edge off from the harm. They also often wear dragon stuff, which is a slight decrease to dmg. All in all the harm drops down to ~160 and has wide damage range. Your speculations are based on absolute maximum, just to make things look worse than they are. Those times I was #1 mage in game, and being in the top means you are supposed to be powerful. You are well ranked in a/d, you should know.

What you should think with this suggestion of yours is also the average players. A lower lvl mage has 60-80 harm with maxed ratio. Over 100 isn't too uncommon, and some manage to get maximums fo 150 with potting. Past that dmg we are talking of serious "Wizards". Most of these haven't got 140+ oa to spend pps, or any bought nexus or pps. This means sacrificing relevant attributes in order to get some more ratio than the average gamer. I have reason to believe you have maxed reasoning and the top20 magic gives some balls behind the spells. Nothing is stopping you to get that will up if the mage build is so overpowered. Sad part is that would make you suck in fighting. It has already been mentioned that true sight and magic immunity gives you full protection against magic users, you can easily take them down due to the attribute issues.

And comparing a/d train cost to mag train cost is pure bullshit. Those 4 years brought you breakages, but also drops to cover them. If a trainer bothers to think their attributes, training brings no breaks and only profit (until yeti, which is whole another story.) And PVP... I bet there are some bought nexi or pps too involved. Money isn't your problem here. In cost we are talking of only training here, because it was brought up. Not the PKing cost.

I am not against the nerfing in player vs. player, but the suggestion done isn't completely thought.

And it's funny no one ever bothers to complain the overpoweredness of remote heal. Omfg you remote healed 120+!!! NERF!!!

I'll just sit back and wait for future suggestions, when rangers get mean levels and kill someone, or summoners get active in PK.

Btw, still got the One perk? Maybe those mines are overpowered too.

Changes to full combat system would work, balance it all out?

Nerf harm to 96 damage(Ratio*2) , make MI give resistance and it stacks with other spells and stuff.

Change resistance to give proper magic defense, but no immunity unless it is with a very special spell that lasts 10 seconds and gets cast only once every 1 minute (some sort of spell cooldown) and make it a "target" spell that you can use on others.

That's your magic nerf.

Then because everyone loves Rusikus and his no-life everlasting AFK defense training, we very much nerf the chance to block attacks and make defense give a damage reduction rather then a block chance. And you could possibly introduce fighter stances like:

Balanced - both attack & defense, normal attack/defense stats with a moderate chance to block, yet no higher then 25%, to avoid the defense tanks that just spend their life reading books while AFK defense training. (GG afk OA 168 btw)

Aggressive stance - No blocking, slightly higher damage, up to +33% with an additional 15% chance for criticals.

Defensive stance - 66% chance to block, -50% damage.

Therefor the uber fighters should no longer exist either and may be more effectively removed from PK maps, rather then being capable of taking on 6-8 people at the same time, blocking everything and winning.

Possibly this system best applies to PK, as the 25% block chance would kinda be hard on training.

And yes, I kinda always thought the combat system could use a revision, mages are OverPowered despite MI, but so are the fighters as there are too many 1-man armies.

And no matter how much time you put into a game, some things are really ridiculous, like I remember seeing Azayal take a Black Dragon 1v1, it's a dragon, legendary & mythical creature, under no circumstance should anyone be able to take it 1v1, wether they be mage or fighter.

-Gohan

P.S.: Kinda quick post on a noon break, not able to rly think too much right now. Could possibly debate on this for a long time, with many possible ideas. If any interest... Entropy?