Eternal Lands Official Forums
syni

EL Classic Server

Ok well right now we have a Main Server & a PK server for pking my idea is an EL "classic" Server that would just be an older version of EL

For players who would like to see what it was like years ago in EL or for vets who would like to relive there EL pasts so to speak. This Server would have features such as no cooldown No newer weapons such as(JS OS Cutty etc) No new armors such as(titanium steel dragon) New maps & Many other things would also not be present(mini harvest events the skills engineering tailoring & ranging). This server could be like PK server where you need to pay a fee of 5$ to join.

(also try to keep the flaming to a minimum and try to keep in mind this is just a rough draft of my idea.)

Tell me what you guys think :o

Edited by syni

... EL "classic" Server that would just be an older version of EL ... This Server would have features such as no cooldown ...

Just remember that before cooldown, "classic" EL had mix delays on everything that made mixing actually slower than with cooldown. You'd also be missing several skills (engineering, ranging, tailoring) many harvestables, and bunches of items (all the stuff added after cooldown and therefore not part of "classic" EL).

While I don't like all the stuff that's been added (and despise some of it) I wouldn't want to go all the way back to a pre-cooldown version. Personally, I'd pass on a classic server.

We already have this in game, TD map is as close to old time EL that there is...

pls go and enjoy that map

... EL "classic" Server that would just be an older version of EL ... This Server would have features such as no cooldown ...

Just remember that before cooldown, "classic" EL had mix delays on everything that made mixing actually slower than with cooldown. You'd also be missing several skills (engineering, ranging, tailoring) many harvestables, and bunches of items (all the stuff added after cooldown and therefore not part of "classic" EL).

While I don't like all the stuff that's been added (and despise some of it) I wouldn't want to go all the way back to a pre-cooldown version. Personally, I'd pass on a classic server.

yes i know i left out many things its only a rough draft and it would be a very long list if i put down everything. and i completely understand what your saying. but a classic server would be very unique & enjoyable for some.

We already have this in game, TD map is as close to old time EL that there is...

pls go and enjoy that map

Wizzy i'm not just talking about "classic" pking i'm talking about everything.

Edited by syni

Not sure any suggestion that will further split the already-dwindled number of players is a good idea.

Most of the so called 'veteran' players don't want to train a new character so they wont join a new server.

Same as with the pk server, initially 122 people voted that they will play on the pk server 'for sure' and an additional 78 for 'maybe'. Those numbers do not include the part of the community that does not vote or do forum stuff...

Any idea for a new server should (or could..) be implemented on the pk-server to attract a larger part of the main-server players.

Sorry? classic 1 click mix and 1 click harvest?

:P i hate the 1 click harvest, and don't want to go back to that

Personally I would love it, it would be a lot of fun :)

Classic EL:

-Before pickpoints

-max attributes at 15 each

-required levels

-best armour/weapons tit chain and regular serp

-one click harvest where you knew who had the autoclicker when the bear walked between them and the harvestable (GREAT fun!)

-KF was always hopping, even i was found there sometimes :D

-guilds were more rare (took longer to level then) and you actually knew who was in what guild and their reputations

-no rostos

-no C2

-nobody had stuff they couldn't afford to replace, at least it only took a bit of effort ingame

-lots more good stuff

It would have to be a no-EL-shop zone though, would defeat the purpose.

:P

As I think of other things:

-No map walking

-no tab maps (remember the maze at vermor castle THEN?)

-grubi was pk

Classic EL:

-Before pickpoints

-required levels

-one click harvest where you knew who had the autoclicker when the bear walked between them and the harvestable (GREAT fun!)

-KF was always hopping, even i was found there sometimes :)

-guilds were more rare (took longer to level then) and you actually knew who was in what guild and their reputations

-no rostos

-no C2

-nobody had stuff they couldn't afford to replace, at least it only took a bit of effort ingame

-lots more good stuff

:P

yeah thats all the stuff i was thinking of :D and yes there would have to be no EL-Shop

I actually like this idea alot (Aislinn's list was great), although I severly doubt that it would ever happen.

Classic EL:

-Before pickpoints

-required levels

-KF was always hopping, even i was found there sometimes ;)

-no rostos

-no C2

-lots more good stuff

:)

<3 :) What she said!!

Classic EL:

-Before pickpoints

-required levels

-KF was always hopping, even i was found there sometimes ;)

-no rostos

-no C2

-lots more good stuff

:)

No, thank you.

A game system impossible to enjoy for people with RSI (such as myself).

Personally I would love it, it would be a lot of fun :brooding:

Classic EL:

-Before pickpoints

-required levels

-KF was always hopping, even i was found there sometimes :doze:

-no rostos

-no C2

-lots more good stuff

:whistle:

I miss those days *sigh* Lets go back to them please!

LoL Aisys list sure brings out some great memories :laugh:

And yeah those where always fun to see!

But this suggestion is rediculous imo, you just want all the goodies and sure it would be fun to reelive it but i wouldn't want that forever it would get a tad boring after a while when you know how long this game has come forward in the years that have past since most of those good ol things was in the game

-Classic EL

-EL

-PK EL

-Diet EL

-EL with cherry

-EL with lemon

-EL Max

etc.

No, I don't support this idea because I don't see how it brings new fun to the game-- if anything it's just gonna create more of a rift between servers, or be virtually unused.

-Classic EL

-EL

-PK EL

-Diet EL

-EL with cherry

-EL with lemon

-EL Max

etc.

No, I don't support this idea because I don't see how it brings new fun to the game-- if anything it's just gonna create more of a rift between servers, or be virtually unused.

you forgot EL Zero:P