Eternal Lands Official Forums
PaulB

Is taking death bags considered "dispute'ish"?

Taking deathbags good/bad?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that taking deathbags IN NON PK maps is against community rules?

• Yes it is against our community rules
    • No because if you die without a rosto that is the risk
    • I'm not sure what I think on this issue
    • What's a deathbag?

Ok so here you have it!

After reading through a number of "Disputes" there are a few people that dispute people for taking their deathbags.

I would like to hear what the general community in EL think about this issue.

I voted "NO" because I firmly believe that if you die without a rostogol stone on then it is your fault and should face some penalty.

Every time I have found a death bag I usually post on channel 4 "I found a db in "such and such" map, PM me with contents to claim".

If I do not get a reply then I keep the contents but I don't think people have to do this at all.

So give your thoughts on this issue and post a vote.

Thanks,

PaulB

Voted yes, as it is against our guild rules to BJ DB's. Is it wrong if your not following rules, no ofc its not, however there is a moral aspect here. If you dont care about others whatsoever the bag will go, that is the person who finds the bags perogrative, his choice no one elses.

People who loose expensive kit while not carrying a rosto should not complain they know the risks, tough luck, however i personally will try to return all bags and have in the past returned some very expensive DB's.

Carry a rosto or dont carry the kit.

Voted no.. BUT: you have the choice of being a nice guy and returning the stuff nonetheless. Guess it all depends on guildrelations, personal likes or dislikes and a general personal judgment.

But still... not carrying a rosto when you are wearing expensive gear is just silly.

Since taking deathbags is againts CZE guild rules, we all abide by them. Even, if you lose some expensive stuff, I think that the penalty is quite harsh and can easily bankrupt your storage, if you're unlucky.

No. The community is jaded and inherently stupid.

One - It's a game.

Two - It's been stated that if you drop a bag, it's no longer yours. Buy a Rosto. Better yet, don't do activities from bags! Spending large amounts of time trying to level is a part of the game. If you try to take a short cut by working out of bags and someone bag jumps you, well tough luck.

Three - Community rules are pointless. It's just a way for people to get retribution because someone took advantage of their stupidity.

Edited by sora_barzahd

Better yet, don't do activities from bags! Spending large amounts of time trying to level is a part of the game. If you try to take a short cut by working out of bags and someone bag jumps you, well tough luck.

This isn't the kind of bag jumping I am talking about.

I am talking about death bags.

Taking a bag that someone is sitting on and mixing/harvesting is a dispute as even you are carrying a rostogol stone you can still loose it.

I think there is a big difference in the two.

Three - Community rules are pointless. It's just a way for people to get retribution because someone took advantage of their stupidity.

Not always true :pickaxe:

I voted no. You know the risk, don't whine.

Community rules? Although they are there and I do respect those that believe in them. I do not. I have to do what is right for me, not what a community thinks is right. Now if what is right for me is the same as the community eh that can happen too and usually does, but I don't let the community decide for me as to how I should behave. I behaved like this long before I came to EL.

i think you guys need to first answer this question. what defines good or bad? Im sure the nazis thought that they were "good" while others thought they were "bad". perhaps thats a harsh example. but what makes something "good" and something "bad"? are "good" and "bad" merely defined by you parents, religion, role models, life experiences? "is matter "good" or "bad"? Also during what point in eternal lands did the general consensus become "bag jumping is bad"? Ive been around for a while and my speculation is that it was such a tight knit community back then that it wouldent be good to be considered the "bad guy" but now the community is not very tight knit at all. its fine to be the "bad guy" because its hard to keep people from trading or talking to or helping this "bad guy" someone will allways help. i havent been paying much attention to the EL community lately but id assume most of the "bad guys" stick together and help eachother. So now we have some people bag jumping and some not. obviously both parties feel they are doing the proper thing. but then who is doing the rite thing? so therefore no community could effectivly make a rule on it without defining good or evil.

So its open season on DBs now ?

Hmm Im sure when I joined this game the right thing to do was make an anouncement on a few channels that youd found a DB and to PM contents to claim it.

Perhaps that was more to do with the first guild I ever joined, which was a great group of people who are still going strong

These days I honest to god walk right past any bags on the ground because I dont have time to chase someone around EL trying to return thier shit as the last DB I found it took me about a month to return the contents :bow_arrow:

Voted no

Cant really have a " community " Rule to protects your items when the game gives you a 100% guarantee no drop on death. Community rules as your rosto ftl

But that being said I think outside of any community rules its the right thing to do as a person to return a non-pk db, I have done it in the past (even to red tagged guilds when the db has contained 1mil+ worth of items) and I will continue to do so in the future.

For the simple reason I know how much hard work can go into getting those items and I wouldnt like to spoil ppl's fun by depriving them of them.. that just my personal opinion though *shrugs*

I voted no, but also think it's a kind player who returns a db. Kind gestures to other people both in game and out are to be appreciated, not necessarily expected.

I dropped a CoL once and a newbie picked it up. He wouldn't even respond to my PMs when I saw him selling it on ch3. Fortunately, I paid a friend to buy it back for me. Not acknowledging me out of guilt or wtf ever was taking it a little too far, but meh, whatever - my mistake.

I think it depends.

If it is a newbie DB, I think it is poor taste not to return it, if you know the owner.

But if it is a high level player training without rosto, well, sucks to be him.

I think it depends.

If it is a newbie DB, I think it is poor taste not to return it, if you know the owner.

haha no its even more fun when its a newb and u take all his poor stuff & newb pots :bow_arrow:

it's more likely that someone will return a bag with nmt/tit armors then a bag of a newb ;p

Ok so here you have it!

After reading through a number of "Disputes" there are a few people that dispute people for taking their deathbags.

I would like to hear what the general community in EL think about this issue.

I voted "NO" because I firmly believe that if you die without a rostogol stone on then it is your fault and should face some penalty.

Every time I have found a death bag I usually post on channel 4 "I found a db in "such and such" map, PM me with contents to claim".

If I do not get a reply then I keep the contents but I don't think people have to do this at all.

So give your thoughts on this issue and post a vote.

Thanks,

PaulB

Good question. A little common sense never hurts, but then again, using a little common sense would help avoid 95% of scams (yet posting about those are perfectly acceptable). I would say that taking DBs outside of invasions and pk is "disputable"...also depends on how experienced the player is.

#edit: didn't vote, I didn't really like the options

Edited by Shujral

I think it depends.

I agree, mostly....I post on general and newbie help channels regardless of the contents and PM if I know whose it is. Haven't found a db w/ high level swag, but would spend much less energy trying to return it than I would the db of an apparently newer player.

Voted No

But I've always returned DBs (and will always do) to their owners who ever they are what ever the bag's contents are (It's a personal rule for me).

Any way. If you die without a rosto, you risk not being me who finds your DB :bow_arrow:

Just a random thought. Isn't there just too many community rules? Isn't it like the most of them cover our own foolishness? (e.g. DB bagjumping, scamming, etc.) Let's stop this madness. Community Rules FTL!

Voted no.

I'm a person who always tries to find the person who lost it,

no matter how worthless the contents are. If I see a deadbag,

I do everything I can to get it back in the right hands.

You can count on me to be a Rosto with legs if I

happen to be the one who finds it. I ask this,

just be mindful of what you could always lose if

you happened to die at any point.

:)

Why do people on this forum fail at making good poll options? :@

Didn't vote, the simple answer is no.

We should have a community rule against people making polls with either stupid, incomplete or totally biased voting options \o/