Entropy

Depletable Resources Poll

Depletable Resources  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes!
    • No, omfg, will ruin teh game!!1!
    • I don't care.

Instead of asking for a vote maybe Entropy should just implement it and tell us to vote in 30 days to keep it or nix it. People (not all but many) fear change.

i thought that was the purpose of a test server but just my opinion

I just cannot understand how anyone could vote yes on something to make the gameplay worse. That makes no sense.

Probably the sort who would like to have someone make water in their cornflakes.

Edited by IngalfTass

How can you possibly know if it will make the game play worse if it is not yet known how this feature would be implemented !?

If you don't have enough information you cant possibly make judgments like these, and if you don't start thinking about the idea and its implementation you can not form a well thought trough opinion and thus not make a good vote.

Implementation takes time so not everything can just be implemented, it pays off to check for players interest beforehand.

And personally I do not think that this idea will repel new players too much because it just adds to the game's realisticness (;)). What does repel new players is the complexity of the game. When new players do not have a clear enough overview of the possibilities and the world-layout they might leave again.

A well thought-trough tutorial might help (there used to be a tutorial when I started playing for the first time.) Show (visually) how basic things work; like the storages, teleportation, fighting, harvesting, alchemy...

How can you possibly know if it will make the game play worse if it is not yet known how this feature would be implemented !?

Implementation is irrelevant.

It will reduce available resources. That will make gameplay worse in and of itself.

Less of something might be good...less athletes foot would be good. Less swine flu works for me. Less resources? I don't care how you implement it, you are making water in my cornflakes.

Voted NO.

I might amend my vote if the need for mass-harvesting, IE, the fact that it takes a LOT of resources to get anything, gets reduced... Just my quick thought.

It will reduce available resources.

Just not true. The available resources will be enough. From what I understand from the original plan (which even can be tweaked if needed, of course), there would be TWICE as many resources in game than would be needed in total. I'm pretty sure the idea is not to LIMIT resources really (what a lot of people seem to be thinking), just change the way you get them.

The resources would be available. You just might have to move around a little to get them, instead of always getting everything from the same old ore deposit or flowerbush closest to storage. You'd prefer having 1 map with everything cramped together so you only have to walk a few steps for all your needs?

Maybe YOU think for YOU gameplay would be worse (although with what you say I'm pretty sure you see things way worse than they would be). For others it would enrich their gameplay.

No water in my cornflakes ty, I'd prefer cream.

Implementation is irrelevant.

It will reduce available resources. That will make gameplay worse in and of itself.

Less of something might be good...less athletes foot would be good. Less swine flu works for me. Less resources? I don't care how you implement it, you are making water in my cornflakes.

Well, IngalfTass is taking a 7 days vacation from the forums.

Personally, I think we need more details, because i' m not sure exactly what is happening here, and I have read multiple times.

What stopped me from voting yes was the fact that : If resources are gone in every cave you go to, and you get there, you have to keep searching, map to map until you find that resource again... and then there are only a limited amount of them there.

Would it be possible to implement this where the resource doesn't have a limit on how many can be harvested there, only how many each player can harvest before moving on? Or is this the general idea already?

Edited by DarthCookie

what if we put a 20K limit on all, you can either harv one item or 20 different items in a 24 hr time slot, would this help? Really it doesn't matter, it's totally getting away from the initial post. I am for it and I will try to help some friends that I know are not forum members get here to cast a vote. Seems lately no matter what Entropy tries so many are so quick to say "NO"

Bring on the change!!