Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Quimbly

pvp afk

i vote yes for full chars wipe :>

Make a pole :whistle:

or replace everyone's armor and weapons with fur cloaks, wooden staffs and fur hats :P

A simple solution would be to make the server disconnect if there were no mouse movement or keyboard input for a given period of time, 10 minutes or so. This would have the added "benefit" of making afk-harving impossible, as well as reducing the harvest xp gained by all, since a lot more will miss the hourly reset of the xp giving harvest counter.

there are some of us who have genuine reasons for going AFK , its not all about abusing the AFK system and my example is thus :

I look after my 4 month old boy full time , and even tho im logged into EL im not necessarily sat eagle eyed clicking like a maniac on something, im AFK literally .... im sure there are others with genuine reasons for going AFK

btw i really wasn't serious about the character wipe :whistle: although it might sort alot of problems out it would obviously have its massive downside of peeps leaving

I think if multiplay is allowed, AFK a/d training will be obsolete. You could go fight yourself. That is perhaps more disturbing than the idea of AFK pvp which I thought was illegal since I could have swarn AFK monster training was illegal.

Coming next update, it will be impossible to heal the last person you fought with, so this should solve or significantly reduce the AFK PvP.

Coming next update, it will be impossible to heal the last person you fought with, so this should solve or significantly reduce the AFK PvP.

Is there a good system that can catch auto clickers?

EDIT: And I don't so much mean a macro because I know you can catch those but an auto clicker similar to back in one click per harvest days.

Edited by Paul Brown

very easy to bypass... :P

Edited by Michic0_oL

Why don't just disable healing spells and pots in guild maps, it'd make a fine job.

Why don't just disable healing spells and pots in guild maps, it'd make a fine job.

Great way to stop anyone and everyone from using guildmaps altogether. Oh sure.. i could still harv fruits in our guild's map then. Other than that, guildmaps will then be nothing but a total utter waste of serverspace.

Great way to stop anyone and everyone from using guildmaps altogether. Oh sure.. i could still harv fruits in our guild's map then. Other than that, guildmaps will then be nothing but a total utter waste of serverspace.

Ok, I know it is extreme proposal but is it better to allow EL afk pvp while playing another game, as it is being commonly done now?

But, to be honest, I don't care. It's been here for long, let it continue if that pleases those who train that way.

try to not forget that even more people actually pvp with both pvp partners actually online and at keyboard?

try to not forget that even more people actually pvp with both pvp partners actually online and at keyboard?

Yeah....not being able to heal the person you last fought with would kinda hurt the idea of doing friendly pvp with someone who is actually paying attention.

The server side AFK cutting off xp for the one person that is server side AFK would stop their xp. It could probably be expanded somehow to block anyone from getting xp from that AFK person. I can just imagine what would happen if that was to happen.....pkers complaining about not getting xp for killing someone that they find AFK on a pk map.....as if that would be something to be proud of or a challenge or much xp or even deserving of xp since there is no challenge.

Entropy, you are disabling the Gatherer medallion when the person is server side AFK, right?

Yeah....not being able to heal the person you last fought with would kinda hurt the idea of doing friendly pvp with someone who is actually paying attention.

No one prevents you to go to a secluded pk map to train there, but ofc it is a matter of choice. Limiting pvp to pk areas would make a substantial change. On the other hand I understand that those who paid for guild maps deserve to get some benefits for the money spent, hard choice.

very easy to bypass... :huh:

Really? How? By summoning shit?

by giving the essies to a friend and he will heal the afk pvper for you -.-

by giving the essies to a friend and he will heal the afk pvper for you -.-

nah i thought at first of th "summoning shit" - but as you said "last PERSON you fought with" so i supposed animals and summons wouldn't work. It's easy to pvp somewhere with two other people pvping, just attack one of them and heal ur pvp...

But i think people doing afk pvp are mostly training their defense so you don't need to heal them often due to the low damage you would inflict. I was able to train 1 hour just with 3 restores during a pvp which is like only 500 hp. Your partner can can just log off relog and heal you or attack another PERSON and heal you.

edit : but the "not able to heal last person attacked" would for sure be dissuasive for thoses AFK trainers.

Edited by Michic0_oL

Well it will make it harder if more than 2 people are needed for AFK training. Of course, it is almost impossible to make it .. impossible, but I can do stuff to make it harder. I think this is a step in the right direction.

Of course, it is almost impossible to make it .. impossible

Would that statement be true if you completely removed the option to cast remote heal in PK area's?

No one prevents you to go to a secluded pk map to train there, but ofc it is a matter of choice. Limiting pvp to pk areas would make a substantial change. On the other hand I understand that those who paid for guild maps deserve to get some benefits for the money spent, hard choice.

And now i dont understand ppl who buy guild map :confused: