Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
humanalien

lead and lead based armor

well i had this idea since there are now more radiactive weapons and enviroments and monsters with i glow in the dark (also radiactive)

i thought directly of lead, this metal was in real life very early in use (roman civilization), and i schould give very good radiation protection.

let say:

lead helm 3 rad protection 15 emu

lead greave 6 rad protection 30 emu

lead cuises 9 rad protection 35 emu

lead plate 12 rad protection, 50 emu

so full set : 30 rad protection and 130 emu

but it schould only give as much defense as leather armor since lead is a very soft metal, but it schould protect you agaist glow in the dark if you wear the full set.

it should have a high break rate (like aug leather) so not made for long duration combat.

very heavy to wear.

with this stuff the rad damage you get on some places can be raised. so when there are precious resources on some places the will be harde to get without this armor.

lead ore should be common but heavier than gypsum.

Could be used when you mine - maybe making mercury and when you make radiactive weapons .

You could get damage without protection.

Edited by Zamirah

could be used when mining hydrogenium, as you don't need that much EMU for the s2e swords. however, titanium is a better option for this since it also has cold/heat protection.

When you mine, you want to have all the emu available you can possibly spare. With the aug pants you get 1 rad protection for 4 emu (reduced radiation damage from radon by 5), several other existing higher level armors have radiation protection too (steel helmet 1rad/2emu, titanium helmet 1 rad/1emu). Lead armor is not a useful addition for harvesting, even radiological workers only don a lead apron when doing relatively high risk stuff, and dont walk around in them. If someone can make the radioactive weapons, I bet they also have a few higher level armor in storage.

Thumbs down from me.

Maxine

Could be used when you mine - maybe making mercury and when you make radiactive weapons .

You could get damage without protection.

lead probably also gives heat/cold protection

[snip]

even radiological workers only don a lead apron when doing relatively high risk stuff, and dont walk around in them. [...]

Thumbs down from me.

Maxine

Hmm, what I remember from radiography, the personnel involved hid behind a wall at the moment the radiation came on. So they might not wear

lead aprons all the time, they do protect themselves even for low-risk operations (radiography). Logical, since all doses are considered

cumulative over life.

As for other operations, lead protection is only needed for X-ray and gamma radiation, not for the other forms.

I think using one of the aforementioned armor pieces is good enough for a harvester (particularly hydro harvester). even with full tit set, you still get some radiation damage in the cave. this can be solved with a tit helm, however, but then you lose material points. yet another option is tit helm of life, but there are not so many in game. so i believe using one of the lead armors instead of some tit armor piece would solve the problem too. however, i don't see anyone wearing a full set tbh