Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

Increased Gc drops from monsters

you can train them decently, but still not make decent gc.

you can make 11k an hour, but 4k of that goes to supplies, the remaining goes to broken armors, leaving not much for pk.

you think its decent cause you base it on being able to find a double spawn whenever you want

but there arent much spawns, and the ones we have now are being camped 24/7 by people.

in order to get a spawn you would need to sit afk at one and hope someone is done there while you arent afk from waiting so long.

so you'd still end up with 7k in 3-4 hours

Just because you cannot make decent gc while getting good exp at the same time doesn't mean yeti needs adjustment

you fail to see the point, its not about me

are you really thinking 7k in 4 hours is alot of gc? i dont even make that much in 1 hour, im just taking your example of what someone could make.

its your example, not mine

maybe if more yeti spawns got added there would be np, 7k an hour might seem alot, but its nothing if you cant find a spawn most of the day

Just because you cannot make decent gc while getting good exp at the same time doesn't mean yeti needs adjustment

Excuse me but;

EL is a game and we play games to *enjoy* right? while playing EL, *every* player has to enjoy the whole game, it doesnt make sense when you play craploads of hours training and you cant even supply your training stuff... We, mostly a/d trainers, did make a choice to earn our lives with fighting. It was working very good like 4 years ago, to be honest. But the more expensive stuff was added, the harder fighting became. I was actually training on flufs 2 years ago and they were dropping max 25gcs meanwhile the best armor was iron set which was around 20kgcs. Look at now, flufs drop 30 (35 maybe)gcs and pretty crappy drops (1/9999999 rate of NMT? or its totally removed?) and tit sets are 140kgcs or about that price. You see the problem here? Their drops have been increased only 5gcs and the armor needed to train them is 7x price now? Oh come on.

People was actually enjoying the game 4 years ago, because while we were playing, no matter what we do, we were getting good enough profit to waste for fun sometimes. But now, when you feel like PKing, you have to think 10 times before that, because you will have to harv craploads of hours to get your wasted for fun gcs. Thats not the point of games IMO.

Tell me, who cares about economy? What would happen if drops were higher? what would happen if flufs were dropping more stuff? What would happen if there were alot of NMT capes in EL? There would be no competition then? NO WAY. Still the more level you have in skill, the better rate you would success. Its for the funds for EL? Then make only shop items as rare, like increase the amount of gc coming in EL and slightly decrease the rate of binding stones etc (shop items) so people will still buy those from shop. Oh i forgot, its almost impossible to make EFE's after update anyways.

Let people enjoy EL, not make them sit on their ass and harv for countless hours (which is a pain in the arse now) just to have some FUN which is the main point of GAMES.

-Kaddy

EDIT# Typo

Edited by Kaddy

I will only comment on Mcw since that is what I train atm (and Dcw/Fcw drop more)

Imo the max amount of Gc doesnt need to be higher, what needs to be changed is the lower point, which will hopefully make a higher average Gc drop overall

Im not sure what the max Gc drop for a mcw is (but its not high) but the lowest is 0 (no drop), Imo they should drop EVERY time. Now if the max drop is 50 I would suggest the lowest is 35+ (which isnt uber GC drops but atlot better than now)

or

Remove the special drops from mcw (Ts pots, books, Tit long) and replace that with a higher max possible GC drop Ie: a range of 50-150

Edit: This should be the same for all mobs, a trade off between special drops and gc, if a higher max GC drop is wanted then the chance to find a special drop (book,armour,nmt,sword etc) should be lowered or removed

Note: Before people say "serp them for money" its not worth it... serping for a 2 gc drop, people would be better off going and hogging a lower players troll or fluff (which I do sometimes and really really annoys them :( )

Edited by conavar

I started to post, but Kaddy said the same thing I was typing, without my bullet-list-poolza :(

But really EL is not a PK\PvP game, its a PvE \ Skiller leveling game with a Pk option.

The pk option looks to be a rare event designed to allow PvEs to duel and blow off their

excess gold coin, then return to farming\mixing\leveling. If you try to PvP\Pk on a daily basis,

without the later, you have no choice but to buy gc with USD or mine 100ks of ores, for a

few minutes of it. (Less now, due to the No Drop maps, making it low risk\no reward)

I doubt it has any intention of ever leaving the pure sink status.

(It was mentioned, the pk server is intended to be the main, someday. It makes EL a real PvP game.

{I cannot for the life of me, find the post where Radu makes this statement, its there, I'm certain}

Although I doubt this is the case any longer.)

I stopped pking entirely, my gold coin needs dropped off dramatically.

pk server being main would be nice, if our chars get transferred over and no a/d cap ^^

wouldnt have to worry about gc then, just multiplay :(

made some posts about it in other topics, but it didnt seem to get attention from officials, so thought id try making a topic

monster drops always stay the same, more expensive items get added, but drops stay the same resulting in problems were facing now. Goldfarmers, huge inflations

Wouldn't it be easier to balance by making items less expensive? :)

*Readies thread for takeover in direction of OP items*

Korrode, help me out here! :(

Lets take a look at the progression of competitive PK in Eternal Lands.

There was a time, referred to as "the good old days" by those that were there for it, when PK was highly active and enjoyed. There were minimal complaints about PK, minimal complaints about monster gc drops... well, certainly a lot less than today. Back in this time, there were no summoning stones, no accuracy and evasion potions, no 20kgc bronze sword that broke every 5 minutes, no list of swords required all with a 25kgc+ price tag, no 50kgc halberds, no many hundreds of kgc dragon armours, etcetera.

What i listed above and much more was implemented over time, going from Ti serp's and Iron Plates as the top, through to what we have today. The decline of PK, and the complaints of PK'ers, have increased in an exponential line as all what we have now has been implemented. The reason for this, to me at least, is blatantly obvious:

The cost of competitive PK has increased at least 10-fold. Has the gc income of PK'ers increased 10-fold along with it?

If it hasn't (which ofc; it hasn't), then there is the problem. Obvious, no?

Before i move onto possible ways to address this, lets look at the varying costs of PK for people of different levels.

The likes of Dushan is presented with a challenging fight in PK much less often than the bulk of other Eternal Lands PK'ers. As players push up the a/d/oa(/pp_buying) ladder, the amount of fights they'll encounter where they must use all of those expensive available resources begins to drop. I've no doubt it's quite wonderful being top 20 a/d, rarely needing to summon, rarely needing EMP's, acc, eva pots, hell not even needing Dragon Armor for 99% of the 1vs1 fights you'd encounter... Too bad these people whom a challenging PK fight has become a rarity for make up a very small percentage of the PK'er population, and hence their experiences with the cost of PK do not represent the majority, and should be given much less weight in the decision making process.

I once heard Radu say something along the lines of 'you can make plenty of gc from fighting, look at Marro, he's proof'.

Marro is a part of that small minority group, and using him as a baseline is unwise. Not to mention; Marro doesn't engage in competitive PK.

All that said, there must and always will be a "newb stage", where you're simply too weak to be at all competitive in an open PK area like Kilaran Field or the arena in Nordcarn, but this "newb stage" should not be coming to an end only after 3+ years of playing and 140+ a/d. There's arenas provided for up to 80 a/d where it's hoped that "competitive" does not equate to using the best of the best available equipment and items in the game. (Whether or not this is the case is for another topic.)

So requirements for competitive PK for everyone from ~80 a/d through to the very top needs to be considered.

Things being A-OK for that minuscule amount of people at the very top does not mean 'yay everythings great', at least certainly not in my opinion.

Anyways, enough ranting about why using very top fighters as an example to justify the current system is unwise, at best...

...and on to the possible ways to solve the problem... which are, of course, very simple, and have been suggested many times before, often by me:

1. Leave all the items and equipment at their current prices, and hugely increase gc drops, as gc drops have not been increased to coincide with all the new expensive stuff we've had implemented in that last few years.

2. Reduce the cost of PK equipment dramatically, across the board. Adjust the NPC buy/sell prices and the ingres of armors, weapons, potions, summoning stones, etc... so they're all much cheaper. If we do that, then we'd only need to increase gc drops on 80-130 a/d monsters maybe 3 or 4 fold, to make regular competitive PK viable.

Problem: PP buying (OH YES U KNEWD IT WAS COMIN). If pickpoints could not be bought, there'd basically be a guarantee that PK'ers getting these 'high' gc drops while they train would burn all that money with a variety of mixers. Potions, Manufacturers, Crafters, Summoners, they'd all get a piece... hell we might even be able to gather some extra gc to burn on a new outfit from the Tailors.

But, no. Give fighters more gc now and some of them will PK a lot more. I would, Sqwurl no doubt would, many would... but we'd all still put some of that gc towards more pp's, and many out there will put ALL of the increased gc towards pp's... not PK'ing, not burning stones, potions, rings and what not... just hydro hydro hydro, and nexus rem stones.

So, in conclusion, a 2-fold increase in monster gc drops from Cyclops through to Yeti still wouldn't be enough even if PK equipment and item costs were halved... but hell, at least it'd be a step in the right direction. As for the pp buying issue, well, if it's not going to be removed, what can i do? I'd still prefer the increased gc drops so those of us who would use it to PK more, can and do... i guess nexus rem stones only come into the game so fast anyway, so there is a 'speed limit', at least.

The final thing i'll state is to anyone who would say "u can PK in Ti long an leathers you know"... you are not the urban EL definition of a "PK'er"... and when i slap you to the underworld in one swipe of my halberd it brings me no joy.

you fail to see the point, its not about me

are you really thinking 7k in 4 hours is alot of gc? i dont even make that much in 1 hour, im just taking your example of what someone could make.

its your example, not mine

maybe if more yeti spawns got added there would be np, 7k an hour might seem alot, but its nothing if you cant find a spawn most of the day

My point is that getting 11k gc is possible to get on yeti in 1h, if someone is unable to get that much then it means he isn't strong enough to fight yeti and their drops shouldn't be increased but the person who is fighting them should get stronger ... It's like, my harvest lvl is 70 and I can harvest 120 dung in 1h while someone can do it in 20 mins and then I should complain about getting 2 dung per 1 harvest just because I'm unable to get the max out of it because I don't have the required lvl :)

But I agree that maybe adding another double yeti spawn wouldn't hurt :pickaxe:

in how much time?

in first post 2 people said they earn ~1.2k each 2 hours, even if they didnt use much He/Sr they would earn 2.4k in 4h, 3.6k in 6, 4.8k in 8 hours, thats not much for a whole day

1.2k / hour ? lol thats shit low, i think i get at least 3-4k/hour on chims ^^ i have to try again to figure out :) maybe its a bit less... but i know 1 load = about 1-1.2 million xp. i get like 300k/h and 16/20k so yes at least 3-4k/hour according to my calculations.

so the pro's of increasing it are:

- increased competititve pk

- less need to buy from goldfarmers

- less huge inflation on items all of EL needs

- stronger economy

- more fun for fighters

cons:

cant think of any, looked through the topic but others didnt post any cons.

can keep saying "well just serp something lower for Gc" but thats being said for years and no one is doing it, instead we drive your Rosto prices (and other things) up by buying Gc.

do the prices of rosto's need to go up to 50k each before someone say's "hey, there is something wrong here, why do people buy from goldfarmers?"

simple, if you have no gc and no way to provide yourself with a sufficient amount of gc by doing the skill you love you buy Gc, its obvious fighters can use some extra gc.

i know what im talking about, played 4 years and never had to buy Gc in the old times, i could train a few days and buy the armor/weapons i need, or pk the items.

with the rosts coming and the adding of more expensive items while keeping the drops the same i resorted to buying Gc, driving your rosto prices up.

never had more then 100k gc and will never get more with the way things go now, and i know several people with the same problem.

the only way we are able to keep on being a fighter is by buying Gc.

why do players need goldfarmers? because they need gc which the game doesnt provide enough, would they need goldfarmers if they earned enough in-game themselves? no.

compare it to a fire, take the oxygen away and a fire will die, take away goldfarmers customers and goldfarmers go away

I'm really curious, on what do you spend so much gc? I never had a need to buy gc, kf was made no drop so you don't lose gc by dying any more, if you lose gc while training than maybe you're doing something wrong :)

I'm really curious, on what do you spend so much gc? I never had a need to buy gc,
The likes of Dushan is presented with a challenging fight in PK much less often than the bulk of other Eternal Lands PK'ers. As players push up the a/d/oa(/pp_buying) ladder, the amount of fights they'll encounter where they must use all of those expensive available resources begins to drop. I've no doubt it's quite wonderful being top 20 a/d, rarely needing to summon, rarely needing EMP's, acc, eva pots, hell not even needing Dragon Armor for 99% of the 1vs1 fights you'd encounter... Too bad these people whom a challenging PK fight has become a rarity for make up a very small percentage of the PK'er population, and hence their experiences with the cost of PK do not represent the majority, and should be given much less weight in the decision making process.

I often have to fight more than 4-5 people in kf due to lots of enemies, and I use acc/eva pots, having red capes break, bronze swords too and I still manage to have gc for pking (and I do yeti maybe once a week, sometimes not even that much) ... also I don't have a single pp bought and I got 15 pp's that are not placed in attributes so I'm not really that strong :)

I often have to fight more than 4-5 people in kf due to lots of enemies, and I use acc/eva pots, having red capes break, bronze swords too and I still manage to have gc for pking (and I do yeti maybe once a week, sometimes not even that much) ... also I don't have a single pp bought and I got 15 pp's that are not placed in attributes so I'm not really that strong :)

You're still a lot stronger than most you would use acc/eva pots a lot less than say, myself.

You may need acc/eva pots when 4-5 people jump you, i need acc/eva pots in a good percentage of the 1vs1 fights i'd have in KF, let alone when being ganged.

While you're breaking red capes and bronze swords, lower level people are breaking drag armors (or at least Ti armors).

I cant deny even i'm better off than people 10+ a/d below me, at least i can dodge a good percentage of EL's PKer's hits. Try and consider the bulk of EL's PKer population, not just how things are for you. pl0x.

I often have to fight more than 4-5 people in kf due to lots of enemies, and I use acc/eva pots, having red capes break, bronze swords too and I still manage to have gc for pking (and I do yeti maybe once a week, sometimes not even that much) ... also I don't have a single pp bought and I got 15 pp's that are not placed in attributes so I'm not really that strong :pickaxe:

Either you have no irl or there is something really wrong in what you have said here.

You actually told that you do yetis once in a week and lets say you got 40kgcs there, and again you said you break bronzes and red capes too. As a massive PKer (of weekends :icon13: ) i can certainly guarantee you that you will break more than one bronze sword and more than one cotu in a week which will be total more than 40kgcs.

Can you explain how would you manage to have gc for pking with fighting let alone the pots and SR's etc...?

-Kaddy

PS. I was referring to the ones who LOVE to PK and doesnt wanna be forced to harv shitloads of stuff to have FUN.

Reselling things help a bit :icon13: and I don't break things as often as most of you skeptic ppl so I don't lose much gc on pking :pickaxe:

PS. I use bronze sword only when I'm outnumbered

Reselling things help a bit :icon13: and I don't break things as often as most of you skeptic ppl so I don't lose much gc on pking :pickaxe:

PS. I use bronze sword only when I'm outnumbered

I think you dont get us or trying to be ignorant as hell (excuse my language please.)

We wanna earn our livings with only fighting like any harry potter can make thousands of millions profit with only potioning (my n00b potter alt is richer than me -.- but i m not a goldfarmer and i wont sell the gcs at all) and like any alcher can make millions of millions profit with only alching. If it doesnt sound fair enough then i dont think we are the one has problem in here.

If anyone needs a fur cloak and skunk hat combo for pk, I can give you one, just ask

Can you tell me the point of posting this except trying to be funny but failing?

Edited by Kaddy

Well certainly

Apparently people are having trouble at becoming ebul rich trainnning levels

Let me make this simple for j0 understand

1) If you cant make money trainning yetis because you break too much armor, lose to many rostos then you shouldnt be trainning yeti

2)Maybe you dont need all the fancy weapons and armors to win a pk fight. There are so many new items in game to use that are cheap and effective to give you great advantages.

3)at level 80a/d .....and trust me a/d trainning is a lower priority for me then tailoring skill, I can make 7k / hour on trolls. I dont know 1 potter and alcher that can make this amount of gc's IF they harvest/collect vials, wine, mead, ores, flowers, bars, etc etc themselves.

4)The amount of people at the 120's a/d is growing fast. Instead of offereing a BETTER suggestion....Radu is trying his best to keep everyone from being ebul rich in game, do you really think he is going to add more gc's drops? Perhaps you should be asking for a New Mob, that would better fit the levels your at?

5) White tigers are a good souce of income? No the furs dont sell for 90 anymore, but they still sell for 60? +meat +bones?? ahhhh but you wont get 600k/hour on them will you.. To bloody bad! Go kill phantom warriors?? good drops / spawn time on multiable spawn? Every try that? You can make a dam good living fighting, just sacrifice your xp/hour once in a while.

1) If you cant make money trainning yetis because you break too much armor, lose to many rostos then you shouldnt be trainning yeti

The number of players that can train yeti is not more than 10-15, the number of players training on dc/fc/fluf (which are close to eachother) is more than 200 already (or more dunno). So i have to think about the bigger part, got it?

2)Maybe you dont need all the fancy weapons and armors to win a pk fight. There are so many new items in game to use that are cheap and effective to give you great advantages.

I, myself, dont use any fancy stuff (if you mean rare stuff, like jsoc etc)and still cant provide the amount of gc by only fighting but if you mean i should use like tit chain, lol please run to the closest window and throw yourself out.

3)at level 80a/d .....and trust me a/d trainning is a lower priority for me then tailoring skill, I can make 7k / hour on trolls. I dont know 1 potter and alcher that can make this amount of gc's IF they harvest/collect vials, wine, mead, ores, flowers, bars, etc etc themselves.

I made my alt potter and only with SR's, i have like 1mgcs with only high 60's pot level, which i worked only around 4-5 months. And with my main char, i have been training for more than 1.5 years and still broke with 5kgcs? I just lol'ed.

4)The amount of people at the 120's a/d is growing fast. Instead of offereing a BETTER suggestion....Radu is trying his best to keep everyone from being ebul rich in game, do you really think he is going to add more gc's drops? Perhaps you should be asking for a New Mob, that would better fit the levels your at?

With the new mini events, the harvestable items' prices will go highher and higher whereas the amount of mob drops are still the same, if this is strong ecomony, i dont have anything else to say...

5) White tigers are a good souce of income? No the furs dont sell for 90 anymore, but they still sell for 60? +meat +bones?? ahhhh but you wont get 600k/hour on them will you.. To bloody bad! Go kill phantom warriors?? good drops / spawn time on multiable spawn? Every try that? You can make a dam good living fighting, just sacrifice your xp/hour once in a while.

Why should i sacrifice my exp/hour ratio when an alcher can still get HUGE exp/hour (compared to exp to next level ratio) with steel bars or get nice exp with HE's and still can make more profit than me? or when a potter can still get huge exp from (compared to exp to next level ratio) TS pots and still can make alot more profit than me? (Dont try to proof it against, my closest friend irl is potter and he is uber rich atm and made only TS and SR pots and HE's, and have alot more stuff than me in his storage.)

-Kaddy

I wont even try to get fancy with all the quotes here

But do you really think a potter is getting the same xp/hour as you can fighting?

I made 1.8 million xp in 2h 40 mins the other night fighting during Tao Sun, Show me 1 potter or alcher that can make this amount of xp..

Granted, potters can make good gc's however, have you added up the time need to harvest the flowers for say creature food? People sell these flowers for 1.5 each, add up vials, and food used / pot and it is pretty expensive. I have a 74 pot level and can make more gc's on trolls when you add the time needed to collect ingreds. But this is the thing you dont get I guess. Experince costs money in just about every skill. And I bet you, I can stop all other skills now, just fight mobs and make 1million gc's in about 3-4 months.

So cry me a river, maybe you would make more gc's fighting if you were not full time on forums complaing. ??

You said it best when you said "Why should i sacrifice my exp/hour ratio " you dont have to at all, but your going to pay for it, and be broke I guess.

Granted, and I agree, when your trying to train chims, it is hard to make a go for it. Drop down to fluffy for a few hours, you will pay for your next few hours chim trainning np. I will even come help you mule pots,books from the spawn if you ask me.

might sound rude, but you are blind wizzy, get that plate away from your face and see whats going on.

you either A) have no clue and just want to voice an opinion on something you have no clue about, or B: you havent been around long enough, dont get out of a cave or storage much to see that fighters arent earning any gc.

you might want to read through the topic again, you arent reading very well

instead of suggesting something that has been said a million times before and isnt working, suggest something good, post good criticism or stay out, your making a fool of yourself

oh http://s1.zetaboards.com/Unofficial_EL_For.../1163210/1/#new

ofc he is against it, he wouldnt earn $$ anymore from goldselling

Edited by Sqwurl