Eternal Lands Official Forums
Starlite

Mini Harv Events

The point is that ppl who already got those levels got them cheaper (training feros with TS) than ppl nowadays training (whatever they do nowadays, even FCW as you suggest, which is probably way more expensive than TS feros) get them.

Back to the harvesting mini events: players with already high artisian skills got them cheaper then future people will get them. THAT is my point: all these negative changes (newest one being mini harvesting events) favour high level players.

The only way to fix that is to do something really really REALLY bad... lets not go down that path I dont want total reset

The point is that ppl who already got those levels got them cheaper (training feros with TS) than ppl nowadays training (whatever they do nowadays, even FCW as you suggest, which is probably way more expensive than TS feros) get them.

Back to the harvesting mini events: players with already high artisian skills got them cheaper then future people will get them. THAT is my point: all these negative changes (newest one being mini harvesting events) favour high level players.

My grandparents used to travel to Spain in the summer and it would cost them 100 guilders for 2 weeks. My first pack of cigarettes was 3,75 guilders, right now the same will cost me around 5 euro.

The first beer I bought in a pub was 1,75 guilders, nowadays, you're lucky if you pay 2.50 euro.

That's what time and development does to the value of your currency, both in RL as in a game.

Lol, your grandparents didnt make attack, defence or crafting experience in Spain I hope. Did they harvest anything? Guess not. Besides, you will earn WAY more $$$/hour than your grandparents (assuming same educational level). New players will earn less gc than old players did in their low level days cause harvesting is more difficult now.

Is it that hard to understand?

1) Mini events make harvesting more difficult

2) High level players have harvested a lot resources "the easy way"

==> Levelling and earning gc by harvest will be more tough for aspiring players than is was for high level players back in their days.

1) Removal of TS potion makes training AD more difficult

2) High level ADers trained a lot with TS back in their days, making levelling cheaper and/or faster.

===> Aspiring fighters will level thei AD less fast/more expensive than now high level ADers.

1) Yeti's used to drop even more than they do now

2) Some ppl serped tons of yeti's back in the days

===> Those ppl got a big advantage over ppl training yeti's now.

You see a pattern? High level players are favoured by negative changes. and yes, there were positive changes too (like auto-harvest instead of 1-click harvest and introduction of TS in the first place). I aint complaining. But I am wondering how this is that hard to understand.

Edited by machevort

My grandparents used to travel to Spain in the summer and it would cost them 100 guilders for 2 weeks. My first pack of cigarettes was 3,75 guilders, right now the same will cost me around 5 euro.

The first beer I bought in a pub was 1,75 guilders, nowadays, you're lucky if you pay 2.50 euro.

That's what time and development does to the value of your currency, both in RL as in a game.

Lol, your grandparents didnt make attack, defence or crafting experience in Spain I hope. Did they harvest anything? Guess not.

Besides, you will earn WAY more $$$/hour than your grandparents (assuming same educational level). New players will earn less gc than old players cause harvesting is more difficult now.

Why don't you make a poll to see how many players started playing with access to Dung to level harvest.

Ask them how did they felt when they knew new players could harvest tree mushrooms and no longer had to trash 100's of pick axes in diamonds to get the best xp on EL.

New player can now get more xp/hour than previous players due to mini harvest events as they don't just have 120 xp hits/hour.

EL changes with every update, that's why some of us keep coming back to it and enjoy it. But maybe that's because some think of having fun playing EL instead of power leveling.

Why don't you make a poll to see how many players started playing with access to Dung to level harvest.

Ask them how did they felt when they knew new players could harvest tree mushrooms and no longer had to trash 100's of pick axes in diamonds to get the best xp on EL.

New player can now get more xp/hour than previous players due to mini harvest events as they don't just have 120 xp hits/hour.

EL changes with every update, that's why some of us keep coming back to it and enjoy it. But maybe that's because some think of having fun playing EL instead of power leveling.

Yes, there are also positive changes, certainly! But IMHO lately only negative changes which, as Im trying to point out, benefit high level players.

About the positive changes:

The ones you are stating here are bullshit though.

1) There is close to no market for dung. Diamonds are WAY better gc/hour.

2) Tree mushrooms have close to no value. I ve seen ppl try to sell batches of 100K+ mushrooms for less than 1 gc each and fail miserably. Diamonds are WAY better gc/hour.

2) The xp from mini events is neglectable, even to newbies. Admit it, who cares about 100 more xp per hour at the cost of what? Depending on playing style and type of harvestable Id guess 80-800 harvestables. They slow down harvesting and therefore cost tons of gc.

Edited by machevort

I aint complaining. But I am wondering how this is that hard to understand.

You are complaining, just read your own posts.

And I believe people understand your POV, they just don't agree that much with it. and it's their right to do so too, bear with it.

Stop thinking gc/hour and try fun/community, or at least try.

this will be my last post regarding your convo, as it is already off topic

The only way to fix that is to do something really really REALLY bad... lets not go down that path I dont want total reset

Well, there is more than one fix. A simple one would be a level cap (this is used by many MMOs) - then people who play for 12 hours per day might hit the cap sooner, but for the most part seasoned players all tend to be about equal.

I don't think this is even necessary. There just needs to be more content for lower-level characters. Maybe even items with a level cap on them (you can make it from level 30-50, for example) - then they won't just turn into grind targets for people at level 100.

E.g. It will be harder now for aspiring crafters to hit 60S, let alone the 110S some ppl have in craft.

You are kidding right? Crafting is one skill that was made easier for new players. Those 110s people didn't have thread to make or a NPC to buy polished gems.

These changes are not made on a whim, they are in response to players abusing some part of the system. Naturally they will make it harder to get points or gc or whatever.

All those oldbies that have forum IDs under 1,000. the new players can only get 60,000+. Maybe they should be reset so new players have the chance to get a cool low number. Is that really fair?

on topic: mini-events are OK. but could be reduced in rate a little, I think they would still remain effective and be less annoying.

All those oldbies that have forum IDs under 1,000. the new players can only get 60,000+. Maybe they should be reset so new players have the chance to get a cool low number. Is that really fair?

selling forum account with low member number over 600 posts ( mostly BS but hey ) , will accept payment plans , visa , mastercard and donuts

joke , chill peeps we allready know Radu has decided to reduce the frequency of the mini events , lets not make it any worse :)

E.g. It will be harder now for aspiring crafters to hit 60S, let alone the 110S some ppl have in craft.

You are kidding right? Crafting is one skill that was made easier for new players. Those 110s people didn't have thread to make or a NPC to buy polished gems.

These changes are not made on a whim, they are in response to players abusing some part of the system. Naturally they will make it harder to get points or gc or whatever.

on topic: mini-events are OK. but could be reduced in rate a little, I think they would still remain effective and be less annoying.

Lol, you are just pointing out this to prove your "oldie" status. Those changes were ages ago. PLUS I said there were positive changes too. But recent changes are all negative.

Yes, crafting got harder with mini events. You wanna deny WEs are harder now?

Edited by machevort

1) Yeti's used to drop even more than they do now

2) Some ppl serped tons of yeti's back in the days

===> Those ppl got a big advantage over ppl training yeti's now.

Lol, n00b, not at all. The yeti spawn has been decreased by half, the drops were reduced to compensate that.

Speaking of other games, did you find any where you can harvest afk?

Well, I've still have not enough non-AFK time to made a full search, but sure I'll found a few, especially if you keep advising the search :)

For me, this is unfortunately very negative;

I play to 90%, in my work time and can not keep every 5 minutes an eye on the game.

(Sorry for my English. I must translate with Google)

And don't you think that Jesus was right when he said that you can't server two masters? :(

Err... may be I have enough neurons to serve both masters? and Jesus didn't know what that meant back then?

training after TS is not a lot harder, it is a bit more expensive but im really hoping that if radu changes the gc drops for at least dcw (especially a big change for mcw) upwards and cyclops(not a lot maybe to 50-60gc max) then then it will be no harder and more fun to train now than when we had TS. i trained on cyclops when we did have TS and i had pretty good attributes and still made a loss training them that i had to make up by making my own hes, i would even think that less rare drops (books and ti longs) and more gc would be favourable to clops trainers.

This is way off topic. But... must... respond.....

Hell yes it is harder! My xp/hour (and xp/hour for all ppl around my level of 112 119 AD) went down from 350K/hour to 290K/hour without TS on feros. Still feros, fluffs yesterday were even worse, 255K/hour.

MCW rapes me so no option. DCW is similar xp to to Feros, just more dmg. 105 90 or 100 100 with def god is hardly difference.

and you're complaining about xp?!

Do you have ANY idea of how long it takes for a mixer to make 350k xp (Just what you make in an hour)? Especially if you harvest yourself the ings to try having some profit or don't loose too much money? And you still consider that fighting is much harder than harvesting/mixing? :D I wish I could make at least 100k/hour harvesting from scratch. And the mini events makes it even worst and more anoying, so that is why it makes non sense for me to keep harvesting. Fighters gets the fun and mixers gets the the boring harvesting, but still I like more harvesting+mixing, cause I could do it AFK/semi-AFK.

The point is that ppl who already got those levels got them cheaper (training

Sure they favor high level players... but they got compensated (at least a bit) with inclusion of some stuff (Tree Mushrooms, etc). My crafting/manu goals will be now much (but much) more harder than before, supposing I still consider they worth the effort to get to them.

XP and gold given by mini-events is 99.99% (just to don't say 100%) useless, no matter if you are a newbie or of you have harvest > 70. I'm just guessing, but at the end of the day I'll finish with 0.01% more experience and 0.01% more gold. Big deal! Or even worst, I'll finish with 30% less value in what I harvested because it took me just too many clicks and more time than before.

And about of having having fun playing EL instead of power leveling I come to this (and may get completely wrong, but I'll try). What is your OA? "Segor" seems to be an alt cause of it's stats. So I'm sure you are a completely n00b (which I doubt) and in that case you don't know what are you talking about or you are an already leveled and very mature player so you don't care leveling too much from now on and can just "having fun playing EL instead of power leveling". I sure play for both, to have fun and level.

I don't think this is even necessary. There just needs to be more content for lower-level characters. Maybe even items with a level cap on them (you can make it from level 30-50, for example) - then they won't just turn into grind targets for people at level 100.

Yes, more content would be very nice. Specially for lower and mid-level players. I think there is a hole in the continuity of many things from low level players to high level players.

Do you have ANY idea of how long it takes for a mixer to make 350k xp (Just what you make in an hour)? Especially if you harvest yourself the ings to try having some profit or don't loose too much money? And you still consider that fighting is much harder than harvesting/mixing? :) I wish I could make at least 100k/hour harvesting from scratch. And the mini events makes it even worst and more anoying, so that is why it makes non sense for me to keep harvesting. Fighters gets the fun and mixers gets the the boring harvesting, but still I like more harvesting+mixing, cause I could do it AFK/semi-AFK.

Lol yes, I AM a mixer. Check my rankings. I dont consider fighting much harder than mixing, never said that.

Sure they favor high level players... but they got compensated (at least a bit) with inclusion of some stuff (Tree Mushrooms, etc). My crafting/manu goals will be now much (but much) more harder than before, supposing I still consider they worth the effort to get to them.

Thats my point! Thanks for finally someone understanding it :D.

And about of having having fun playing EL instead of power leveling I come to this (and may get completely wrong, but I'll try). What is your OA? "Segor" seems to be an alt cause of it's stats. So I'm sure you are a completely n00b (which I doubt) and in that case you don't know what are you talking about or you are an already leveled and very mature player so you don't care leveling too much from now on and can just "having fun playing EL instead of power leveling". I sure play for both, to have fun and level.

Or I can be an EL player that likes playing EL to chat, while harvesting, and have fun, getting levels along the way....

There were two ways for you to know who/what I am in EL with ease.

- My forum member number

- My forum signature

I only play EL for 3 years, the last one on the PK server, and I never translate my goals into gc, would take too much math.

My last goal on main was alchemy 100, which I got on November 2007, alching for a Guild knowned as Dao and whoever I would want to help. I am almost as broke as a N00b, but I have levels to talk for my fun days on EL's main server. I don't think I ever got to harvest half of what I alched and bought less than 5% of the items, but I still keep my friends close.

Since you are so concerned with my stats, on main its temospena.

Enjoy EL

Edited by Segor

Well, I've still have not enough non-AFK time to made a full search, but sure I'll found a few, especially if you keep advising the search :)

Great, let me know when you do find it.

Err... may be I have enough neurons to serve both masters? and Jesus didn't know what that meant back then?

Then do it, and stop complaining.

Maybe a simple way to balance harving could be to add fruit, veg and toads (food items) to drops and remove them from harvestables altogether. That would free up time purely to be able to concentrate on harvesting plants, minerals and ores, which would surely help eveyone. :)

Maybe a simple way to balance harving could be to add fruit, veg and toads (food items) to drops and remove them from harvestables altogether. That would free up time purely to be able to concentrate on harvesting plants, minerals and ores, which would surely help eveyone. :)

Or you can buy FPs with the money from the drops? :P

I've been watching this thread with interest as I'm harvesting to get to a large AE project at the moment and the mini-events have become a bit of a pain.

I can handle looking back at the screen every few minutes as it's the way I have always harvested large amounts of items. I read forums or chat in EL.

Reducing the frequency of the events is a good thing, thankyou Ent. Arguments about only getting a certain amount of experience when fighting now because in the past someone else got more is ridiculous. The game changes as Ent tries to balance and improve it. Generally balances have to be changed as improvements brought in begin to show problems. This is the way of all games where the developer(s) takes an active interest in what the players have to say, and it is a good thing that Ent does so here.

I know that a lot of us mixers or all-rounders see the difference in effort to gain levels in mixing against the fighting skills. I know for a fact that it is possible to just fight and still have the gc required to buy essences and potions required to support that. You just have to fight things below your maximum ability. Example, I can fight female and male orcs with only basic leather or aug leather armour and not have to restore often. The gc alone from that is more than sufficient to pay for HE and SR. Bones and the limited drops from them make the value of fighting them higher, but are not required. The amount of experience I can get from fighting these is higher than I could ever get from the same amount of time to harvest and mix anything within my mixing levels. This difference will increase with the mini-events, but so what. I have adjusted to all other changes in the game. I am sure I can adjust to this one too

Anyway, back to the original subject. Mini-events have made it a little more difficult to harvest for a large project, but I'm sure that Ent will make the balance better soon.

Let's give it a chance and see how it goes, eh?

Personally I don't see how "more clicking" can mean "adding more to the game".

These mini events are frustating, and frustration (in my opinion) adds nothing positive to a game.

When I commented ingame, someone said "it could be worse", referring to the "1 click 1 harvest".

Well, it could be worse for sure, but it has worsen in any case. We are just coming back to the "1click 1 harvest", just a few steps back.

Grossbouff/Stéphane

For me, this is unfortunately very negative;

I play to 90%, in my work time and can not keep every 5 minutes an eye on the game.

(Sorry for my English. I must translate with Google)

And don't you think that Jesus was right when he said that you can't server two masters? ;)

I just looked his stats, looks like newbie for me and i never met him personaly :)

http://game.eternal-lands.com/view_user.php?user=jesus

Removing food items from harvestables will only hurt people who dont hunt alot. I myself only hunt for bones and the like and concentrate on alc and potions. Without being able to harvest them i will not be able to make things to sell to pay for them. Also some potions need them to make as ing that will raise the cost of them. Just my thoughts :)

Well, I've still have not enough non-AFK time to made a full search, but sure I'll found a few, especially if you keep advising the search :rolleyes:

Great, let me know when you do find it.

If I had a unique feature that distinguish my game from all the crowd I'd value and protect it.

As a side note - there are online mmorpg games where by using a special feature you are getting exp when being offline, so afk is not that bad :):pickaxe:

Well, just to be constructive - I play just one character and I have compared harving my efficiency now with events to the one before the update. To be fully representative it should have been repeated a number of times with different astro, but anyway - my today's trial on iron (several hours) has ended up with 67% of what I used to mine in the same time. It will certainly improve a bit when harv effect bug is gone, but anyway it is quite significant drop of productivity. A subjective feeling is that every harv session now is like the increased harv events day combined with the highest harv astro, on diamonds :devlish: We'll see how it goes after the next update when the rate of the events will hopefully change a bit.

the mini events extra exp and gold is quite fun, but it happens a LOT. other thing i see is the harvesting animation, that fire from your hand isnt stopping after a small event even when it said you stopped harvesting. quite confusing. but i agree its a good idea against gold farmers, but im afraid i have to click a lot now while i need to harvest some stuff i need.

If I had a unique feature that distinguish my game from all the crowd I'd value and protect it.

Oh, so you think that other games don't have it because it's so advanced that no one else though about implementing it, huh?

As a side note - there are online mmorpg games where by using a special feature you are getting exp when being offline, so afk is not that bad :):devlish:

What game? Eve?

Well, just to be constructive - I play just one character and I have compared harving my efficiency now with events to the one before the update. To be fully representative it should have been repeated a number of times with different astro, but anyway - my today's trial on iron (several hours) has ended up with 67% of what I used to mine in the same time.

How about doing the same test while actually paying attention to what you harvest?

Well, just to be constructive - I play just one character and I have compared harving my efficiency now with events to the one before the update. To be fully representative it should have been repeated a number of times with different astro, but anyway - my today's trial on iron (several hours) has ended up with 67% of what I used to mine in the same time.

How about doing the same test while actually paying attention to what you harvest?

67% efficiency is an exaggeration unless you're afk harvesting.

But even if you have a super fast connection and clicking a lot is ok and you're paying close attention, I would say there's like 5%-10% reduction in efficiency depending on the item and how fast it is harvested only because of the high frequency of harvesting events.

I defended additional harvesting events because I have personal problems with certain gold coin farmers. One of these ******** even dared to PM me tonight and I had to #ignore him.

Edited by hussam

Yes, no doubt there is a small decrease of about 5-10% for the players who pay attention, but that also depends on the level you are at compared to the level of the resource. The events can be triggered even during failed harvests.