Eternal Lands Official Forums
Starlite

Mini Harv Events

I'd be happy to sacrifice the 60 or so gc and 1k extra xp I already got in exchange for peaceful harving. :)

The normal harvest events might give some nice, maybe a rosto.

The monsters I kill on the way to harvest give more gc and exp and might drop something good - one day will a fluffy I kill meet drop a NMT :P

But this is only exp and a little gc, nothing to make people feel they might have luck.

And I don't care if I'm level 107 or 108 harvest. :P

I think anyone that complains about these new events, would complain even more if we had to go back to 1 click harvest. I can see on "bad" astro days the events would get a little annoying, but so far I cant complain about it at all.

Pretty representative of all the BSF hauls I've done this morning, though I'm getting less normal events now due to astro change. (So it was worse during high astro, but due to the normal events, not these.)

See molime's post. They don't depend on astro.

Read, then re-read, then respond.

My bad. Was getting interrupted too much while posting and harving...

I'd be happy to sacrifice the 60 or so gc and 1k extra xp I already got in exchange for peaceful harving. :)

The normal harvest events might give some nice, maybe a rosto.

The monsters I kill on the way to harvest give more gc and exp and might drop something good - one day will a fluffy I kill meet drop a NMT :P

But this is only exp and a little gc, nothing to make people feel they might have luck.

And I don't care if I'm level 107 or 108 harvest. :P

I believe you misunderstood: I simply meant the few extra gc and xp from mini-events (for me) do not counterbalance the continuous harv stoppings.

They occur a little bit too often for my taste, it feels like the "click of death" from the old days is back.

But i like, that they are positive events and the few extra XP and gold coins dont hurt :P

Piper

I agree.

I'm stopping around every 20-50 Iron ore (Skpetic).

I really like the new mini events. Perfect solution to gc farming alts. Pr0 idea by Radu. :P

Much easier solution for this would be to simply stop NPCs buying the most suspicious flowers, i.e. analyze the correlation between flower sales to NPC and gc sales, supposing those stand out in the logs, then remove the flowers from the NPCs buying list or lower their price. I'm sure players would be willing to step in and buy what is needed from newbies to insure they still have the option of getting some income from flowers, say Red Roses/Snapdragons. :P

You found 2 coins.

You stopped harvesting.

[TommyKnocker @ 4]: 4 events for 70 toads i think i will double the price

You gained 6 extra harvesting exp.

You stopped harvesting.

[TommyKnocker @ 4]: 5 events on 88 now

You gained 11 extra harvesting exp.

You stopped harvesting.

[TommyKnocker @ 4]: 6 events 100 toads now, this is insane -_-'

You gained 9 extra harvesting exp.

You stopped harvesting.

[TommyKnocker @ 4]: 7 events 118 lmao wtf

You gained 12 extra harvesting exp.

You stopped harvesting.

[TommyKnocker @ 4]: wee 130 toads 8 events

This is to prevent from AFK harvesting, to fight against gold farmers so people will buy from shop instead of buying from players. But this penalizes people not selling gold and "regular players" too.

I agree with ermabwed, this is annoying, i also think it will not help against gold farmers. The biggest goldfarmers are fighters, not harvesters. Do not forget this.

This is to prevent from AFK harvesting, to fight against gold farmers so people will buy from shop instead of buying from players. But this penalizes people not selling gold and "regular players" too.

I agree with ermabwed, this is annoying, i also think it will not help against gold farmers. The biggest goldfarmers are fighters, not harvesters. Do not forget this.

It is annoying but as it was pointed out, this is independent of astro. This means that all people are equally affected. There is no disadvantage imposed on a particular group of people. Also people will adjust. They always eventually do.

It just makes the game slightly more challenging which is perfectly fine.

Edited by hussam

I'm sure players would be willing to step in and buy what is needed from newbies to insure they still have the option of getting some income from flowers, say Red Roses/Snapdragons. :P

I strongly doubt that. Newbies will lose a lot of income if NPCs won't buy the flowers they are encouraged to pick (lilacs, lupines).

off-topic: Although, you know, seeing some kind of dynamic pricing system for the NPCs might be cool: (new) players would sell flowers/ores to NPCs, which in turn could 'increase trade' with the magic shops, thus lowering the price of essences. Not sure if it'd work, but it would encourage NPC interaction, if anything.

@Hussam: But if the general populace of EL sees these new events as negative, and they were introduced specifically to counter gold-farming, then the people who don't gold-farm, and find them annoying, are penalised, no?

Edited by Aphistolas

It is annoying but as it was pointed out, this is independent of astro. This means that all people are equally affected. There is no disadvantage imposed on a particular group of people. Also people will adjust. They always eventually do.

or quit ;>

people will adjust, price will go higher as harvesting gets annoying, but i don't care, i can pay, i have enough money in store.

People who quit are people who have no incentive to play EL to begin with (unless there are obvious real life reasons). Also, I'm sure we'll get used to it in a few days so don't worry :)

Edited by hussam

I'm sure players would be willing to step in and buy what is needed from newbies to insure they still have the option of getting some income from flowers, say Red Roses/Snapdragons. :)

I strongly doubt that. Newbies will lose a lot of income if NPCs won't buy the flowers they are encouraged to pick (lilacs, lupines).

I never liked newbies being encouraged to pick flowers and sell to NPC, which is one reason I started this char, as to prove you can do just fine without resorting to this. Making FE and selling to NPC being one prime example. And no, you don't need a CoL to train on gargs.

Um... harv price goes up = item prices go up = noone wins who's actually playing.

Who wins from harv prices going up? The gold farming scumbags who are the real cause of this in the first place. (Don't fool yourself into thinking this has anything to do with afk harvers in general, they've been around for years, and this didn't suddenly become an issue until it was determined gold farmers were killing shop sales.)

Don't support the gold farmer scumbags who did this to you, don't fall for a price hike over this.

Um... harv price goes up = item prices go up = noone wins who's actually playing.

Who wins from harv prices going up? The gold farming scumbags who are the real cause of this in the first place. (Don't fool yourself into thinking this has anything to do with afk harvers in general, they've been around for years, and this didn't suddenly become an issue until it was determined gold farmers were killing shop sales.)

Don't support the gold farmer scumbags who did this to you, don't fall for a price hike over this.

goldfarmers are there because you people buy thats all.

edit : u start playing, u see u have tons of GC u don't need, so u get.. well what can i do with it, then u realize some people want to buy it so you sell it.

Edited by Michic0_oL

personally i think the little events are a major annoyance. i mean sure afk harvesting might not be registered as "playing" the game, but it's the main kind of gc income for alot of people (not to meantion taking the game at a slow peaceful pace, aka relaxing). & now because of these constant events, u have to keep clicking the harvest button & on high lvl stuff like toadies & yarrows. they rly are becoming nothing more then annoyance.

i also agree with the gc farmers bit. they mostly dont harvest so these new events are affecting mostly the peaceful harvesters. & some players will increase the price of their harvest goods. then manu items will increase in conjuction with the increased harvest prices. so then evrything becomes more expensive (when they already are) so we're lefted with high priced items. which isnt my favorite things in the the world.

-TigerClaw

Today was the first time I've heard about those "gold farmers" - I had no idea there were people that harvested items, and then sold them to people for real money.

If adding events every few seconds while harvesting is the way to stop them, I say - put such an event each time you harvest sometime (if they are all positive, put 2).

I know, it annoying having to be active while mining instead of being AFK (I hated those events when I first so them today), but for now, it seems like a good idea.

Also, let not forget - it's basically free money and exp, so that can't be bad.

In the long term, this would only help the game:

1. Basic ingredients prices would go up, and so all the items prices would go up as well, so manufacturers would be able to make a profit in this game (I have no idea how the economy in this game got messed up so badly, so the more work you put in, the less profit you get).

2. The owners would be able to sell harvestables from the shop, as I'm sure the "gold farmers" would raise their prices. So more profit for the game's owner, which would lead to a better game (maybe they could hire people to make new creatures and item, maybe even new maps, or even a new continent), which means we are all going to win.

Edited by smalul

A big change maybe from what we are used to

but

we can't afk fight or afk mix ,so I don't see why we should afk harv

It is annoying to click FP every 6 or 7 HEs mixed too

Although I took advantage of afk harving (playing from PC at my office) I believe I can adjust to this

1. Basic ingredients prices would go up, and so all the items prices would go up as well, so manufacturers would be able to make a profit in this game (I have no idea how the economy in this game got messed up so badly, so the more work you put in, the less profit you get).

It is in fact the "new economy" that enabled the gold coin farmers in the first place. Basic ingredient prices did go up and so did the quantity needed of them, but at the top of the production chain (the fighters who use the items) the income has been lowered and lowered, creating a need to buy gold coins.

I just don't see how this is going to help with the gc farmers, this will just make their gc more valuable selling it at higher rates. I thought the point was to help radu, how is this going to help?

Personally I think the only way he is going to have the income he requires to run this game is to limit us to one character each.

Not actually. For one, if mixers buy their ingreds, with the raised price, the profit would still be the same. If mixers harvest their ingreds, its just gonna take twice as long to get all of them, decreasing production, raising prices. However, with the slowed production, the profit will be the same as before.

Also, part of the attraction of the game is that you can get the resources you need at work and use them when you get home. This is something to consider. If you don't consider this "playing the game"...

Unfortunately this is the way I tend to play the game too; harvesting during the day, mixing in the evening. After all these years, who'd have thought I was playing the game "wrong"?

Not sure if it's worth posting in suggestions, but if we want to get the harvest meds being used more, make them suppress the mini-events. Break-even on experience/gc or not, that would finally create solid demand for them.

im busy in RL these days so havent logged in and seen how the new events work but looking at some peoples logs im not looking forward to it

seems a very drastic solution to GC farming tbh , theres alot of posts in this thread with the word ''annoying'' in them - thats not a good feeling for new players or old ones

but hopefully this will just be temporary until a better solution to GC farming can be found

#edit I know you dont like bitching on forums Radu but you must have seen this one coming

Edited by Ateh