Eternal Lands Official Forums
Starlite

Mini Harv Events

Personally I love them. Going to stop a lot of afk harving making the job of the gold farmers that little bit harder. Love the bit of extra xp even after harv hour has finished. Its not a lot but for anyone harving a lot it all will add up quite nicely. So it needs a bit more effort to harv :D ...stops me falling asleep lol.

Starlite aka Willowleaf.

I agree.

Makes harvesting a little more interesting, and that bonus xp will really add up in the long term.

After all this is a game thats meant to be played not click walk away to do other things.

Will take a bit of getting used to for some people but in the long term seems like a good change to me.

Have noticed that extra events will likely mean i wont be able to harvest some of the higher level items, after factoring in the delay between starting harvest again. so no ubber xp for harvesting things grossly over my level....but again that isnt a bad thing ^^

If the eye candy gets fixed (see bug reports forum if you dunno about this), then no problem with them here. A bit annoying with high harv event astro, but can be lived with.

Yea i tryed see fun in harv stopped 34 times in two harvs, it was no succes.

I like harv events, but then again not in each 1 or 2 minnut. surprices is nice, but when u get surpriced each minut the exiting starts fade a lil out.

i must admid i liked it better before

sensirely

A bit annoying with high harv event astro, but can be lived with.

Can this be confirmed, that it's actually the case? It seems implicit, but still would like to know if event astro also applies to these mini events.

Not sure whether I like it yet, for pure selfish reasons having to harv a lot of flowers not available on market.

Quite hard to confirm since astro doesn't change that fast, and the events haven't been implemented long enough for astro change comparisons.

I just know that I have high harv event astro atm, and BSF stocking is stopping close to every 5 seconds.

They occur a little bit too often for my taste, it feels like the "click of death" from the old days is back.

But i like, that they are positive events and the few extra XP and gold coins dont hurt :D

Piper

Yea i tryed see fun in harv stopped 34 times in two harvs, it was no succes.

I like harv events, but then again not in each 1 or 2 minnut. surprices is nice, but when u get surpriced each minut the exiting starts fade a lil out.

i must admid i liked it better before

sensirely

Completely agreed. It hits others than the gold farmers too...goodbye to yarrow harving while preparing supper.

I love EL for playing and afking. Now I cant i think this game lost some :/ But i think radu will make more drops and gc from mobs (rotflmao) and we will normal play ;p

Edited by HaZe

Idea is good, implementation a little overdone. It gets old very, very fast. After three loads of iron with over 50 events, these lose a novelty and become just annoyance.

One way to improve would be to make more varieties of events (+1 or - 1 harvestable, increase/decrease in harving speed for x turns, getting a piece of absolutely different harvestable, etc.) or decreasing the rate they appear slightly.

A bit annoying with high harv event astro, but can be lived with.

Can this be confirmed, that it's actually the case? It seems implicit, but still would like to know if event astro also applies to these mini events.

[10:38:47] [Cyberwulf @ 6]: does that new events depends on astro too or not?

[10:38:53] [radu @ 6]: no

I think it's ok, sure will annoy me sometimes that I can't harv a full load of flowers anymore while doing RL stuff but... that's not exactly actually *playing* anymore so, can't complain. It's at least positive, little 'presents' instead of punishment. Less boring. Good and bad sides, but if it works, it's fine with me :D

I like the harv event, have been harving for 4 hours now with only 2 normal harv events.

Had very many of the new, most extra exp.

I was harving Blue Star Flowers, Sunflowers and Iron ore, for all had I 9-12 events for 460 harvests = more than 1 event for each 50 harvest.

I hope it's not dependent of astro, it will make it very hard to harvest with bad astro.

But I think it`s a good idea, I used to harv up to 6 hours without any events - boring and it made me play another game at same time.

One way to improve would be to make more varieties of events (+1 or - 1 harvestable, increase/decrease in harving speed for x turns, getting a piece of absolutely different harvestable, etc.) or decreasing the rate they appear slightly.

I would like this too.

Just for reference, sample of a single load of BSFs harved. Green times are from (re)start of harv to when it stops by an event.

This is on a 2x plant, 756 BSFs harved. 69 extra harv exp total, and 6gc. :P

Pretty representative of all the BSF hauls I've done this morning, though I'm getting less normal events now due to astro change. (So it was worse during high astro, but due to the normal events, not these.)

newharvevents.gif

Edited by GoodDay2Die

Just for reference, sample of a single load of BSFs harved. Green times are from (re)start of harv to when it stops by an event.

This is on a 2x plant, 756 BSFs harved. 69 extra harv exp total, and 6gc. :P

Pretty representative of all the BSF hauls I've done this morning, though I'm getting less normal events now due to astro change. (So it was worse during high astro, but due to the normal events, not these.)

newharvevents.gif

Look like mine but I used harv med and got up to 30 extra harv exp.

A harvest level is 8 mill exp for me, so 30 extra is nothing - even if I get it 10 times.

So the harvest med is still not much worth.

Minievents needs some serious tweaking, getting them like every 10th harvest..

Very annoying after a while.

I'm currently averaging just slightly below 25 harvest attempts (50 harvested items) per "mini event". I find that rather annoying. And while it might have been meant to discourage gold farming it might lead to more gold farming as players that currently utilize the in game market to earn the money for PK or whatever else might decide that it's more convenient to use gold farmers than be subjected to this.

A harvest level is 8 mill exp for me, so 30 extra is nothing - even if I get it 10 times.

look after the pennies and the pounds look after them selves.

Might be a flash in the pan ammount, but it all adds up, thats still 10-30-60 w/e harv xp you wouldnt have got :P

A few more variants would be nice tho. But this was only implimented last night and who knows what will be added in the future :)

Might be nice if the micro events dont happen when getting your happy hour, but only when the xp has run out.

Then again that means you can harvest higher level items at lower level which might not be all that good in the long term. hard call. but just an idea.

Still just started harvesting sunflowers and finding loads of nice bonus xp, loose coins. (5 whilst writing this :P) and still not annoying me hehehe.

look after the pennies and the pounds look after them selves.

Might be a flash in the pan ammount, but it all adds up, thats still 10-30-60 w/e harv xp you wouldnt have got :P

Its nothing compared to the XP you lose while you're not harvesting/can't harvest because of the harvest delay ("Cooldown"), even if you stare at your monitor like a rabbit at the snake and wait for the next harv event to start harvesting as soon as possilbe again.

Watching grass grow is more interesing IMO.

And i wonder, when the first illegal clients with an auto-harvester will shop up here because of this :P

Piper

See molime's post. They don't depend on astro.

I'm currently averaging just slightly below 25 harvest attempts (50 harvested items) per "mini event". I find that rather annoying. And while it might have been meant to discourage gold farming it might lead to more gold farming as players that currently utilize the in game market to earn the money for PK or whatever else might decide that it's more convenient to use gold farmers than be subjected to this.

+1.

Also, part of the attraction of the game is that you can get the resources you need at work and use them when you get home. This is something to consider. If you don't consider this "playing the game", a lot of recipes may need to be toned down in the amount of harvestables they require.

Only negative point I see is that prices of raw materials will skyrocket again and basic essences will get even more expensive.

I doubt that, ppl wont let poof stuff that easy anymore and the amounts in storage will decrease.

When the mine events dont occur that often, i would guess, they are fine. at least you can get now extra XP and gc after your harv limit is hit.

Piper

Read, then re-read, then respond. I said it was worse during high astro due to more NORMAL (as in not these new ones) events. Those haven't changed.

These new events are "in addition to" the old events, thus there's still going to be more stops during high astro because of the old events.

+1.

Also, part of the attraction of the game is that you can get the resources you need at work and use them when you get home. This is something to consider. If you don't consider this "playing the game", a lot of recipes may need to be toned down in the amount of harvestables they require.

Thanks for the addition, which indeed puts the whole issue in perspective. I'd be happy to sacrifice the 60 or so gc and 1k extra xp I already got in exchange for peaceful harving. :P

I think its a good idea on the low lvl flowers but on ore and nigh lvl flowers i can c it being a pain, specily when you have to wait to reharvest... i have not tryed but i could c that a a problem